Grim Dawn V1.1.0.0 Preview

30% reduced damage would kill all interests, let’s not forget how many points it takes to play this skill. Now would it still be worthy to invest and to play?

What a shame it would be if an AoE skill gets used for AoE. :rolleyes:

At 70% damage, it’s still incredibly potent for single target.

Everyone will have to find out when they play it.

edit oh since Z basically confirmed it I guess I’m allowed to. It’s still fucking great.

You removed all sources of %reflect!:cry:
Reflecting life stealing and status attacks with Mirror of Ereocrates was great, let’s hope this lightning retaliation has obscene values to compensate.

I’m really happy the see steam GOG crossplay, nice!:smiley:

Looks great so far. Question, will the monster’s version of Mirror get the reflect damage removed as well? Give them some form of retaliation instead?

So assuming 9 projectiles (maxed rune, 20/12 chillsurge), at point blank it would deal 6.3x damage instead of 9x. Still pretty great considering you’ll almost never hit 6 projectiles on a target. It’s either all of them hits, or less than 4 projectiles hit. Also people forget that chillsurge has a very good dot. At least we can make use of it now :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, we’re having chillwhisper and spammable runes. Hagarrad is fine.

Maxed rune does 2k flat dmg with a single projectile and with proper itemization has a CD below 1second. Not even counting DoT. This skill is still lightyears ahead of stuff like Doom Bolt, Canister bomb, Stun jacks, Box, Grapes etc etc etc.

What’s the reasoning behind removing %dmgDeflect from players? Was it this broken?

It was this useless.

I assume the retaliation damage added to attack more than makes up for the loss of %reflect. No matter how much reflect I stacked on a retaliation build, it still felt useless.

That sounds even better than what it was before 1.0.7.0. Plus, Aetherfire becomes the only chance on attack devotion skill that stacks damage with near-zero cooldown. So the Canister Bomb + Aetherfire synergy remains stronger than ever, assuming the proc chance remains at 100% now that the base cooldown is 7 s instead of 8 s.

Other comments:

• Hardly any players go for the Tempest constellation (largely because of the 5 purple requirement) so it doesn’t make sense to nerf it further
  • Wraith’s Scream and Skyshard Powder losing their CC resists is significant; what is there to replace it?

30% less damage means 1/0.7 = 1.43 you need 43% more RoH casts (for central hits) is kinda brutal.

I realy don’t like what Crate did to the Allagast set. Replacing the ONLY cdr skill that is essential to any Trozan build with this Arcane Will shananigans. And the Deadly Aim modifiers, lol. This is an aether set, yo, why do we need another lightning one, but without cdr? And it still converts cold to aether, so the frozen core is useless, I’ve already created a thread that explains what changes could be made to allow this frostburn become electrocute damage and make it useful.

Thank you! I appreciate the great work. But… Still no Paramour Levels?! I imagine dating Kra’vall: So many arms to hug you.

Except Deadly Aim provides CDR on Allagast now, so…

I actually mostly like it:

1. It’s an aether/lightning set, not just aether. There’s nothing wrong here.
  2. Arcane Will now buffs defensive ability, so it’s like the defensive version of Deadly Aim. For minimal investment, I can now get periodic DA buffs.
  3. Deadly Aim got a duration extension along with the buffs, so that’s cool.

Things I don’t like:

1. The cooldown reduction is bound to Deadly Aim, not Reckless Power. I don’t like that my cooldown reduction will fluctuate, and I’d like that reduction to apply to Deadly Aim, too. :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. I agree with you about the Trozan’s Sky Shard conversion. If it was cold–>lightning and lightning–>aether, we could at least salvage the frostburn from Frozen Core. It’s just a one-point wonder as it is now.

Overall though, I think it’s a nice buff and I look forward to trying out the changes for myself.

I wish they had bound that to a toggle buff, and not a periodic buff though. Now my CDR will fluctuate over time. :rolleyes:

Better keep those crits up then. :smiley:

Just imagine if they’d put half the CDR on Deadly Aim and the other half on Arcane Will. Oh, the fluctuations we’d have had. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, these changes on “Witching Hour”, “Call of the Beast”, and “Will of Bysmiel” surely weakens my Conjurer a lot :cry:

But really like the changes on Dagallons tho :slight_smile: