Grim Dawn Version 1.0.0.5 Hotfix 2

Hotfix 2 is now live, which includes many great improvements to the Crucible DLC based on your feedback. Also in this update are a number of bug fixes, such as what we hope is a final fix for the frustrating invisible door bug that’s affected some players.

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce a few issues affecting a small part of the playerbase, that we are still investigating:

1. The hostile turrets issue, though we made some changes that might help alleviate the problem. If you still experience this bug after Hotfix 2, please report it with the following information:

Which Crucible?
Which Turret?
Did you upgrade the turret?
Did you restart the Crucible at a checkpoint?
Did you reset the Crucible back to the start?
Did the Turret only attack you temporarily before reverting to normal function? Or was the hostile state permanent?
Singleplayer or Multiplayer?
What is your build? (ex. active skills you use)

1. We have also seen reports affecting some users that prevents them from joining Friend’s games via the Friends List. If this issue persists beyond Hotfix 2, please let us know along with any errors you may see. If you do run into this issue, a work-around is to join your friend’s game from the standard public game list (you can search for the game’s name).

2. Game freeze on exit, if you experience this issue, please report it with the following information:

Version of Windows?
Video Card and Version of Video Drivers
How do you play the game: Fullscreen? Windowed Fullscreen? Windowed?
Does the issue occur whenever you launch the game? Or only after visiting certain areas in the game or playing for X minutes?
Does the issue occur with all characters, or only certain ones? If specific characters, please describe its build/active skill use.

Thank you.

V1.0.0.5 Hotfix 2

[Crucible]

• Smoothed out the probability of earning Epics and Legendaries in the Crucible across all difficulties. Overall rewards should come more predictably.
  • Defeating the Crucible’s 150th wave now always drops at least one Legendary item, with additional guaranteed Legendaries by difficulty.
  • Increased loot gained at waves 1-10 for characters just starting out.
  • Fixed an issue with the Wave 50 and 100 Checkpoints not properly activating in Multiplayer.
  • Wave 50 and 100 Checkpoints are now unlocked across all Crucibles, rather than just the Crucible on which they were earned. This change is not retroactive and necessitated an update to the save file format (save files loaded in 1.0.0.5 Hotfix 2 are incompatible with earlier versions).
  • New Tokens are now available for sale at the Crucible Vendor that unlock the respective difficulty for the character that uses them. Tokens are available for sale respectively on the difficulty they unlock. These Tokens can be placed in the Transfer Stash to use on your other characters. Those that have access to Gladiator difficulty only need to purchase the Gladiator token for their characters.
  • Adjusted difficulty scaling at highest waves on Champion and Gladiator difficulties, overall a slight nerf to monsters.
  • Crucible Defenses now cost different quantities of Iron Bits based on difficulty, with Aspirant and Challenger cheaper and Gladiator retaining the original values.
  • Removed XP Penalty for dying during the event and smoothed out the XP curve. Overall, should result in a more gradual levelling experience in the Crucible rather than a snowballing one. This is a net significant buff to XP gains.
  • Reduced Tribute cost for Devotion Points 5-50.
  • Reduced % Reflect damage from monsters in the Crucible by 70%
  • Reduced chance to spawn multiple instances of Fabius and the Iron Maiden in Wave 150. On Aspirant difficulty, there will never be duplicates of these Nemesis bosses.
  • The Blacksmith in the Crucible can now craft Dynamite. Dynamite can now also drop from the chests.
  • Celestial Blessings now include additional pet bonuses which persist through pet resummons. Prior to resummoning your pets, this is a net buff, so maintaining the same pet from the moment you activate the Blessing is quite potent.
  • Ulzuin’s Pact now grants pets 15% Total Speed, as they are not affected by Cooldown Reduction.
  • The Vital Essence that appears at the end of a set of waves now also restores some health and energy.

[Tech]

• Improved monster ability to recognize barriers when firing ranged attacks. Monsters are now likely to reposition themselves if a ranged attack strikes an obstacle rather than the intended target.
  • Pets such as the Raven familiar and the Blighted Rift Scourge will now attempt to reposition themselves whenever they shoot at obstacles rather than the intended target.
  • Fixes for doors that would cause invisible blockers.
  • Fix for pet status frames that would never be destroyed.
  • Increased maximum distance for experience gain in multiplayer games.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause score discrepancies in multiplayer Crucible games.

[Game]

• Adjusted the damage dealt by the Nemesis Fabius and Iron Maiden such that their special attacks are significantly less dependent upon their weapons, resulting in more predictable damage.
  • The Nemesis Zantarin now casts his Vitality Barrage more slowly and the cast gives off a more prominent visual cue.
  • Improved targeting of radius attacks such as Ring of Steel and Callidor’s Tempest when targeting larger enemies.
  • Fixed an issue with common Order of Death’s Vigil enemies not granting infamy.
  • Renamed the Rare Suffix “Desolation” to “Scorched Ends” to distinguish it from the Relic Desolation.

Improved monster ability to recognize barriers when firing ranged attacks. Monsters are now likely to reposition themselves if a ranged attack strikes an obstacle rather than the intended target.

woah…

dungeons just got harder :smiley: and more fun

Fabius and Iron Maiden got their much deserved nerf.

“Reduced % Reflect damage from monsters in the Crucible by 70%”

out of curiosity why is this change only applied to the crucible? this is a ludicrously huge nerf to the reflect mechanic (i agree that it’s warranted), which to me implies it was a huge problem that needed to be addressed, but considering that reflect exists outside of the crucible why didn’t the mechanic receive the nerf universally?

-HeaT

Because you can encounter many more enemies (and duplicates of very dangerous ones) at the same time in close quarters than you would normally in the Main game.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

should still get a serious nerf in the main game too. nobody likes reflect damage, in any past, present or future ARPGs.

Thank you for the nice update! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update glad to see some changes in the crucible.

looks good

any chance of a hotfix to the amarasta’s blade burst damage bug?

rank 9 has more frostburn damage than rank 16, it scales linearly from rank 1-9 then dips massively from 10 onward

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45032

trying to enjoy the skill but it’s a pretty huge issue

Unless the player is the one reflecting. Then the damage can be insane. :slight_smile:

This is fixed in 1.0.0.6, it currently jumps dramatically for ranks 8-9 (unintentionally), then returns to the intended progression.

oh wow, i didn’t even realize the massive bump on 8-9, was too distracted by losing dps from investing beyond it

good to know it’s working as intended beyond those ranks though, thanks for the reply

I have an issue where framerate deteriorates as the crucible goes on. This doesn’t happen in single-player and resets (without any real penalty safe loosing my tribute-buffs) when I relog in my friends game.

I play on an Eyefinity setup at 3240x1920. Most if not all my video settings are set to minimum.

A separate issue is I experience much higher GPU strain when standing in Devil’s crossing near the rift.

Hey Crate! Thanks for making this a better experience. Jumping in with new motivation!

Improved targeting of radius attacks such as Ring of Steel and Callidor’s Tempest when targeting larger enemies.

So, that mean more Radius attak if near big monster??

Thanks for the HF2 !
I think there is no issue with reflected damage in main game. But in Crucible it was very fast way how to taste the ground. In the blink of an eye HP went to zero. I died mostly because of this. So, thanks for the nerf !

dangerous situations can occur in the normal game as well, maybe not as dangerous and frequent, but they still happen. strictly speaking from a hardcore player perspective, 1 shotting yourself to reflect (which has happened to me) is a mechanic that needs reevaluation. it might be ok for a softcore mechanic but i think the algorithm needs to be different for hardcore. if you are a melee phys build, mitigating reflect is also a bigger issue.

-HeaT

Since we are speaking about ABB, do you plan to remove the weapon requirement on this skill?

I think it could allow cold gunslingers builds to work.

Any news on a fix for the frequent freezes I get when attempting to exit to the main menu or exit to desktop? Still need to kill the game process using the task manager, lucky for me I have two monitors to be able to do this than get stuck with a black screen till I reboot.

/10chars /10chars