It seems that new renderer mess with powersaving options. Try to turn them down .
same here. it seems they added dynamic resolution like poE added for big effects. but here mobs just dont look focused, a bit weird
I have recently started playing GD and am lvl 60 with my first char. Should I get the expansion and just keep playing as usual, or would it make more sense to “complete” this character first and then get the expansion?
Will the expansion mainly add late/end game content?
expansion is mainly focused on late content…an icing on the cake, if you will… so it’s really up to you… but whatever you do make sure to grab that malmouth copy… Now if you can! 
You can do it either way. If your toon is in Elite for example I think you can unlock the expansion when you kill Logherrean on that difficulty or you could to back to Normal difficulty, talk to Inquisitor Creed at Fort Ikon and do the expansion in Normal. If this is your first toon it might be better to go back to Normal and do the expansion there since that will give you the chance to see what it consists of with an overlevelled toon for that difficulty. I took my L64 Conjurer back into Normal for playtesting the expansion since it was the only one I had that was far enough along to test the new areas. Even overlevelled it won’t be a cakewalk and you’ll find even more loot.
Yep, I’m in Elite atm. Thanks for your feedback guys!
Holy FPS batman! Thanks Crate 
I have lower fps. Dx9 give me ~30, Dx11 ~10. It’s unplayable 
My spec laptop is: amd apu a8 (R5/R7 graphics)
Well… Too many freezes to be playable yet.
Since yesterday, I read everything about performance drop with 1.0.2.0 version and try every trick to improve it. But without success.
Lower the many graphic options? Nada. It’s ugly and dark ( because the gamma slider is out of order
)
Good for those who can enjoy it, anyway. I’m not ready to go to Malmouth yet …
And yet, I LOVE Grim Dawn (+ 1600 hours of play to the counter).
(sob)
Just wanted to say great job on the expac you guys. I did experience some performance issues in the new areas. Specifically Ugdenbog (not Gloomwald), Mourndale
But oddly enough things were smooth when the screen was cluttered with enemies in the Malmouth areas and Gloomwald areas. Only Ugdenbog and Mourndale had performance drops. Massive lags, not just regular performance drops
i Wonder me, so many people have fps problems, but on my system since 1.0.2.0 (gtx 1080, i5 6600k@4,5ghz and 16gm memory) my fps has huge increased, but i play not the new areas im currently lvl 30^^ (i play a new char)
The old areas are smooth af, no doubt
The new areas, specifically Ugdenbog are showing performance issues
Performance is significantly worse for me as well.
Slowdown and lag spikes/stutter/temporary freezing are worse than before. Seems slightly less severe but much more frequent. FPS drop seems to be constant, did not check actual FPS since it is quite obvious even to the naked eye. And this is in the OC, can’t afford the expansion :(. Tested in several areas.
System I am running on:
i5-3570k
16 GB ram
GTX 750
Maybe Nvidia will update their drivers, will try again if they do.
Sweetness.
cant even enter a game now. game freezes as soon as i try enter a game. freezes on load screen
I just wanted to say thank you! The performance improvements brought by the engine update made the game much more enjoyable for me.
I had terrible fps (10-20fps) when AoM came out as well. I managed to fix it today by putting “/d3d9” as a launch property. That managed to not only fix the issue, but I think I’m getting slightly higher average fps than before the expansion. So maybe the expansion switched me to dx11 which seems to not work well on my machine. Anyone else with performance drops like me might give this a try.
awesome ^^