Grim Dawn Version 1.0.6.0

Where in the notes does it look like ranged got less support? I can’t seem to find it. If anything, Ulzuin set is stronger now.

Maybe somebody already mentioned this but I can’t bind the Arcane Bomb devotion skill to my pets anymore. The now missing -35% lightning resistance kinda ruins my Cabalist. The patch notes only mention that the runes of the Inquisitor can’t be linked to certain Devotion skills anymore and not pets in general.

The Probability to Hit Formula (PTH) has been adjusted. It is now capped at a minimum of 60%, meaning that excessively high Defensive Ability values can no longer reduce an opponent’s chance to hit below 60%. This change applies to both monsters and players, but will have little impact outside of the high-end gameplay in the hardest waves of the Crucible or hunting super bosses.

What happens when the Chinese DA fellowship faces up against the wrath of Bantai:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Don’t face tank the Bantai.

Also, some nerfs of low rank mirror because high rank was too strong? Oh c’mon!

Loving the pet stuff, now it will be even harder to figure out where to spend my points.

Witching hour nerfed :(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

Summon Blight Fiend: now casts Rotting Fumes faster, increased damage dealt by Virulent Death. Added % Crit damage bonus scaling with rank.

YES!!! i can already feel the difference in game :smiley:

Tq crate!

It’s nice to see Apostates getting some actual attention with Radaggan’s Folly; I think I found barely anything that had both Necromancer and Inquisitor bonuses before this.

Now I just have to figure out what the main Inquisitor skill for this set should be. Transmuted Flames of Ignaffar (one point at basal skill, as much as merited for the others) seems like the obvious answer, but given that the mask transforms some elemental to vitality, I wonder if there’s a place for the other attack skills. I’m wondering about a “grenadier” Apostate with Ravenous Earth and Rune of Hagarrad. (Not to mention whether Harvester of Death is a good idea.)

Devotion procs that are pets can no longer be bound to skills that are pets. Example being Arcane Bomb to Wind Devil.

Basically this would cause the devotion proc to do much less damage than intended if it was bound to a skill that is a pet.

Experiment with the new pet ritualist build after patch,it feels amazing!

Have you made a bug report? Hopefully that is addressed because with the high weapon damage of the set weapon I think it will be a buff. Each set item adds flat damage too and you could use Solael’s and Primal Bond for even more flat damage. I am curious to load up my Wildblood Conjurer tonight and check it out.

I am looking forward to playing with all of the pet changes. Blight Burst sounds like it will be very strong now. I need to finish my poison pets Cabalist and try it out! My 2 Briarthorn Conjurer with maxed Summon Briarthorn should be stronger now too. Glad to see thr buff to Familiar as well.

Witching Hour may be nerfed, but the new blessings in Crucible are nuts. I couldn’t believe how much damage my pets were getting in Crucible compared to what they were getting in Campaign. The Crucible changes are letting all sorts of builds shine.

“The Probability to Hit Formula (PTH) has been adjusted. It is now capped at a minimum of 60%, meaning that excessively high Defensive Ability values can no longer reduce an opponent’s chance to hit below 60%. This change applies to both monsters and players, but will have little impact outside of the high-end gameplay in the hardest waves of the Crucible or hunting super bosses.”

PTH is badly computed vs Ravager. My pets still fumbles 90% of their attacks(with 90%OA and 1200% Extra damage) and pets barely crits for 0.5K.
This is extremely funny since you annonced that will be huge buffs for pets I don’t see any change vs end game bosses - still close to impossible.
Where are those buffs I ask?

Why DA was nerfed? It isn’t that easy to get to 5K DA on a character and you sacrifice a lot of damage and armor to do that. You practically ruined dodge builds. Even at 5K DA I still had to kite a lot Ravager and run a bit when heal was on cooldown and the fight was extremely long - 35 minutes.

What’s next? Nerf armor to make retaliation builds that are close to useless (as you stand vs crappy trash caster monsters “and they are laughing” at your 0 damage that you inflict upon them) completely useless so that Ravager becomes impossible to defeat?

The idea is that you can’t proc a summon via a summon. You have to use an active skill to proc it

Fumble is separate from the OA/DA chance to hit formula and unfortunately there’s no countermeasure for it besides not standing in Fumble sources.

The DA thing has been discussed many times across various threads, if you’re interested you should do a search for those.
The gist of it is that it was a crutch that was too good, and in the current patch you can finally use a layered defense to beat Gladiator 170 instead of either stacking mass DA or being immune to damage.

The change was good because now you can beat it with almost any build that has enough layers of different defenses (many of which are natural to the build & playstyle), instead of relying on one single gimmick that you have to force yourself into.

Honestly, this is kind of sad and disappointing.

Finally the mechanical remedy for the neglected pet skills! (% weapon damage added)
Waiting for years, but better late than never. :wink:

Does anyone know has AAR DPS calculation been fixed.

Does AAR finally does the supposed number of ticks per second, depending on the cast speed, or is it still bugged?

Most of the changes seems quite good, especially for pet.
Although nerf on flame torrent is saddening… :frowning:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

It was justified. The thing is still Tier 1.

DA nerf was justified and the arguments in favor/against can be found in multiple threads
If you’re having trouble against a specific enemy then post on the forums provided you need assistance. DA isn’t the sole way of beating the ravager.

Yes, I understand. Most of my build that has high weapon damage are using flame torrent. With this changes, I would need to look at other devotions, which is not a bad thing as it make me explore other skills.

What surprised me the most is warpfire has been nerfed to the ground. Burn build may not use this anymore. Herald of blazing ends seems better now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk