Grim Dawn Version 1.0.7.1

nope, Iskandra is still oupie AF, you didn’t need CDR for spammable spells and the changes don`t matter at all.

%WD dmg era is a result of
Unavoidable burst dmg in the game. Since you can`t avoid burst you need to brace it. And since the only way to brace it is to outleech incoming dmg you see what you see.
Drop the dmg. Reduce mobility of creeps. Make CC work. And you see different build with different aproch. As long as we are forsed to facetank the only way to play will be - stack as much ADCTH as you can, facentank.

so, One step closer to reducing viable build options to soldier/x with cadence plus some auxiliary fluff.

Last patch my vindicator and mage hunter were axed, this time the spellbinder I planned to play. What’s next?

At least I deleted my saves and not lost any characters.

Now, I wonder what else will happen, CC is dead, MH is squishy, no longer has cdr mirror or seal to prop it up, Panetti’s MH is now literally undoable, despite the slight prm damage buff. probably same for AAR.

But hey, We have even more +cadence!

Do you people realize all the many cadence builds are just one build with many minor variations?

Anyone used Aura of Conviction or OFF before? Aura of Conviction is just even less supported now. OFF was untouched, it’s chief component, resist reduction is worthless against anything that doesn’t die in two hits, because trash is the only thing affected by the freeze for any appreciable time.

But hey, moar cadence!

This, this mess of an update and hotfix is just chaotic.

my mh is still alive in hc and she is not squishy at all, if you rely only on mirror for your survivability something went wrong with building/gearing.

This is a great word to describe it, but it does keep the theorycrafters busy until FG is released.

Unrelated: 1.0.7.0 mentioned replacing the health bonus on Fleshwarped Incinerator with a burn duration bonus. But actually what happened was that a burn damage and duration bonus was added and the health was left untouched. This is a good thing though, please don’t “correct” it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Star Pact with the aether to cold… but why?

So does no one points points out that Iskandra is literally the only caster armor intended for MELEE builds.
Should you now just wear heavy armor as a spellbreaker and live on as a inferior blademaster/infiltrator?

If you need to be able to tank just wear heavy armor + stack on armor bonuses?

It does not help that most large source of damage are physical in nature that only a few number of builds have to tools to shrug off.
How are you supposed to survive in melee combat with just caster or even medium armor without the large bonuses to armor/health/phy res% afforded to only a few classes? What if on top of that you lack any significant life steal with your skills?

Edit: Sorry, But I’m going to skip 1.70.0/1.0.7.1 and hope things are more balanced when the next patch/expansion comes about.

Some of you guys have spent too much time in Crucible 150-170.

Sent from my Ultra Shine using Tapatalk

A good build of any class combination should be able to finish Crucible 150-170.

A good build of any class should be able to finish Ultimate Campaign. Crucible is just an optional DLC where the difficulty can be increased to absurd levels. It doesn’t represent the core of the game. It’s just a playground for min-maxers. You guys are making it sound like the game has become completely unplayable and you can’t even beat Moneybags on Elite anymore with all the nerfs.

Sent from my Ultra Shine using Tapatalk

Exactly. So many whiners here after 1.0.7.0. “Oh my god now I can’t do 150-170 in 6 min… GD unplayable now”. Hilarious

You do realize the reason for all these nerfs is how good spellbinders performed in Crucible? Seems a bit weird to one hand use it as reason for the nerf them and then on the other hand dismiss the problem the nerf causes with the reason that Crucible does not matter.

If you’re just taking about the campaign I would expect that a number of the affected builds will have trouble killing a some of the nemesis or finishing some of more difficult rogue like dungeons (assuming no over powered gear) on ultimate.

Edit: Consider also the shattered realms added to the next expansion. Would ague that it does not matter if some class combination are absolute shit at it while some excel?

Thanks guys. Your point is exactly on topic. Crucible was always optional, the game is balanced around campaign.

So Iskandra, Mirror, MoT and spellbinders where nerfed why exactly?

And frankly I still think that any excellent build of any class combination with BiS gear and potions should be able to beat the supper bosses. It should not be the sole domain of high armored supper tanks with life steal or DoT builds that just run around for 30 min.

Thank you very much. Will immediately test my characters and report the feedback asap.

Mythical Iskandra’s Focusing Prism: removed % Cooldown Reduction
Mythical Iskandra’s Hood: removed % Damage Reflect and % Cooldown Reduction, added 190 Health
Mythical Iskandra’s Texts: removed modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes

lol. I think you forgot to remove %CD on off-hand too :)))))

It’s a bit too funny. All cause of 1 class…maybe 2 in this case cause mage hunters, still, i’m really glad none of my builds don’t care about this particular change

but this…

‘‘Mythical Malakor’s Infusion: replaced bonuses to Aura of Conviction and Heavy Ordnance with +3 to Aura of Censure and +3 to Cadence. Added 100 Elemental damage and -15% Elemental Resist modifiers for Aura of Censure.’’

This is ok to you? :smiley: You should make it -8% res

Sry if it comes out as mean but I am just being honest, it is funny

also

‘‘Allagast’s Stormbinder: 120 Aether Damage modifier to Trozan’s Sky Shard was replaced with 120 Cold Damage’’

Are you trying to make it worse now?

Star Pact: added Aether dealt as Cold conversion, scaling with rank

Where is the synergy on the set? you have 100 cold> aether for TSS. Star pact will do 60% aether >cold to mess up your procs

I’m guessing it’s so that people can still pick Star Pact without having part of that 120 Aether damage being converted into Cold - if it starts off as 120 Cold and gets converted into Aether by the conversion on Stormbinder itself, it can’t be turned back into Cold again by Star Pact.

It’s a bit of a weird mess, but I think that’s what’s meant to be going on. :stuck_out_tongue:

The set is a convoluted mess. Whatever the logic behind this, your procs are messed up. 50% Cold>aether on scepter and 60% aether cold on star pact.

meme theme :slight_smile:

I will wait to see how good is the -15% on the Mythical Malakor’s Infusion on some creative builds. Soldier doesn’t have RR by default and the base speed of the weapons is quite slow even with the attack speed on it.

It was possible to get about the same RR with inquisitor while using the Bargoll’s Heart weapon while using Word of pain : https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8437
Yet we didn’t see builds emerging much out of it :rolleyes:

That said you need to use the Word of Pain skill while you don’t need to with the Mythical Malakor’s Infusion. Because of it, it makes me thinking if you could possibly use it for some other builds (some mastery combo) that didn’t want to use word of pain. I didn’t theory craft with it yet…

I was okay with 1.07 (even tho it made me re-craft from the ground up my tactician) as I know the game has to be balanced for the expansion, but this hotfix feels like a serious punishment to Arcanist mastery for non-Crucible players. As usual, everyone has to pay for Crucible balance, even if you never set foot in the arena.

Not everyone abuses every set/skill to become 'immortal" and plays the game solely to see how fast they can clear wave 2000 or whatever. Why not change Crucible mechanics instead of campaign items and skills when this happens instead of punishing regular players who just want to theorycraft solid campaign builds???