Grim Dawn Version 1.0.7.1

V1.0.7.1 Hotfix 1

[Tech]

• Fixed a bug where colorblind filters were rendered too bright.

[Tools]

• Fixed a bug where AssetManager was unable to start when run for the first time.

[Crucible]

• Adjusted overall tuning in the Crucible based on feedback that v1.0.7.0 made the difficulty harder than intended. Let us know on the forum how these changes feel!

[Game]

• Fixed an issue with Mandates not applying their recently increased bonuses. They will now correctly apply to +150%. Characters that previously used these items will need to apply them again to gain the new bonuses.

[Itemization]

• Corrected various item inconsistencies that were mentioned in the v1.0.7.0 changelog but were missing from the patch
  • Albrecht’s Duality: removed chance of Cooldown Reduction, added 10% chance on attack to proc Aetherblaze
  • Iskandra’s Focusing Prism: removed % Cooldown Reduction
  • Iskandra’s Hood: removed % Damage Reflect and % Cooldown Reduction, added 122 Health
  • Mythical Albrecht’s Duality: removed chance of Cooldown Reduction, added 10% chance on attack to proc Aetherblaze
  • Mythical Iskandra’s Focusing Prism: removed % Cooldown Reduction
  • Mythical Iskandra’s Hood: removed % Damage Reflect and % Cooldown Reduction, added 190 Health
  • Mythical Iskandra’s Texts: removed modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes
  • Mythical Ixillor’s Rageflame: increased damage dealt and reduced cooldown on the skill proc, added +0.5s Duration modifier for Mirror of Ereoctes
  • Mythical Malakor’s Infusion: replaced bonuses to Aura of Conviction and Heavy Ordnance with +3 to Aura of Censure and +3 to Cadence. Added 100 Elemental damage and -15% Elemental Resist modifiers for Aura of Censure.
  • Mythical Stormheart: added 100% of Physical dealt as Lightning modifier for Cadence and increased Lightning damage modifier to 70
  • Mythical Stormreaver: added 100% of Physical dealt as Lightning and 50 Lightning damage modifiers for Cadence

[Class & Skills]

Soldier

• Discord: based on feedback, the v1.0.7.0 change to Lightning has been reverted to its Elemental version. Lightning conversion for Cadence has been added to supporting items instead.

Arcanist

• Albrecht’s Aether Ray: fixed an issue where the final ultimate rank of the skill had much lower damage than intended, lower than rank 25
  • Callidor’s Tempest: reverted Aether damage buff from v1.0.7.0, increased Fire damage scaling with rank
  • Wrath of Agrivix: reduced % Weapon damage to 40%
  • Star Pact: added Aether dealt as Cold conversion, scaling with rank

Necromancer

• Spectral Binding: reduced Aether damage scaling with rank

Star Pact with the aether to cold conversion coming thu.

Wow what a great hotfix. Iskandra’s was clearly the outlier among the sets in terms of how tanky it was for how strong it also made arcanists.
Aether to cold conversion on starpact is super interesting! Cold Devastation buff? Opens some cool routes up for sure. I hadn’t even considered something like that to tone down Binders, that’s pretty clever.
That ring was universally used by many binder builds and the cooldown proc resetting power abilities is replaced with a more natural damage proc.
Lightning Cadence support coming in, Calidor’s tempest back to being reasonable, Aether Ray good confirmed?
And people with niche Discord Cadence builds get their creative off-meta builds back so that’s sweet!

Really really awesome! Thanks Zantai!

gottem

And pseudo elitists get to play their meta builds, thats´s so nice!
Dick.

That’s kinda funny, btw, ngl, tbh. :smiley:

I’d appreciate it if you didn’t call me names. I wasn’t one of the people who played elemental cadence. I have 0 characters that use Discord. Don’t respond to my being happy for people with insults, thanks.

LMAO. CLAIRVOYANT DEAD. ISKANDRA DEAD. AGRIVIX IS NOW MY BEST FRIEND.

Seriosuly the complaints about CDR and aether were too much. On the brighter side, there will hopefully be more great cold builds born from this.

So with these rather heavy spellbinder nerfs is there any plan on reversing the Mirror and MoT nerfs?

Edit: Also this conversion fucks with many builds as you can only convert a damage type once(If I get it right). It would prevent any build wanting to convert aether to another element then cold from taking this exclusive skill. As the other exclusive skill is only marginal useful for cooldown orientated casters I find this change a bit too much.

Sweet, my elemental Cadence build is unfluffed now.

Though I feel the rage building over the Star Pact change :stuck_out_tongue:

This has changed so much that maybe I shouldn’t put so much energy into it.

You seem to have forgotten to correct the description of the Discord skill to “elemental” by being too hasty.
Well, however, everyone is pleased with this change.

The people responsible for this error have been sacked.

I can understand the change to screw with Spellbinders regarding the cooldown reduction, but why add a proc that requires a caster off-hand to the rings? Surely this is an oversight. Can we get the proc changed please?

I think these nerfs are a good opportunity to take a look at how to make it possible to use AAR and other spells that disallow kitting or lifesteal in the more difficult content of the game(moslty nemesis, crucible and some AoM content). I don’t think that just upping the damage on these spells is going to solve the issue unless you want to make them totally overpowered for the rest of the content.

Casters need someway to able to tank hits for builds that need to stand still considering how squishy they are without MoT + Sphere, mirror or blastshield. How are you going to use AAR if you just die in few hits or even 1 when these are on cooldown? Do you need to use them till they runs out and then just run around until they are off cooldown again and repeat? Seems very awkward and quite difficult in say crucible or vs charging enemies.

Yes, spellbinders where to overpowered but in terms of defenses MoT and mirror are all or nothing. If you wear caster armor and lack other defenses you will quickly die with them off.

So, in order to nerf CDR Spellbinders, other pure Aether casters HAVE TO pick Reckless Power now. Is this what you called build diversity? With near 0 ADCtH for casters, CDR is perhaps the only reliable defense to balance the gap (other things equal, CCs are useless against bosses, and melee can kite too). What’s the difference between builds with high DPS and ADCtH facetanking ravagers VS CDR MoE + MoT loop? I didn’t see any nerf on the former archetypes (other than MoT nerf which is targeting at CDR Spellbinders).

When you changed the modifier of Devastation on Conduit of Arcane Whispers, I said there is no gear support for Aether/Cold damage combination or conversion. Nothing has changed that since then, so how am I supposed to build upon the new Star Pact?

I did not whine when you nerfed Hourglass, MoE and MoT, and I’m not going to whine now. I’m done. Thank you Crate for the hundreds of hours of great gaming.

Indeed, “having” to pick an Exclusive that matches your damage type is an outlandish concept!

Wait a minute–

P.S., if you convert to Aether, you can still use Star Pact, too.

Except that Reckless Power is nearly useless for cooldown based builds that lack a large amount weapon% damage.