Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.1

welcome! Iā€™m glad you like the community!

I on longer post often, even though Iā€™ve been around here since the very beginning. Just wanted to say that while Grim Dawn is pretty much the only game I have been playing over and over again for the past few years, Iā€™m still a very casual player with few hours in it compared with others.
So some of the changes that could problematic for hardcore players who dedicate a lot of time coming up with a perfect builds, guides and strategies. But a ā€œalways a newbieā€ like me doesnā€™t really pay attention to those things.

So Iā€™ve been enjoying the game since 1.1.4.0 by trying a new build in veteran. Is it harder than before? Meh, not that much. Iā€™m dying often, but moving through the game and having fun!
So thanks a bunch for the new patch Crate! :smiley:

4 Likes

What? Really devs you donā€™t know what to do now. If it ainā€™t damaged, please donā€™t fix it.
. Transfer component button is useless, or put a confirmation on this, so we donā€™t have to put back one by one our components in inventory.
. Too, thatā€™s boring this useless new confirmation on autosort. Make it optionnal. I like testing swiftly the different kinds of autosort.
. I liked pick up component combine noise.

Excellent!!! I like this game a lot and the updates the developers made, fixing and adding stuff. I have never complained. All this its just great. I hope whe get more expansions on this game.:grin::+1: thanks for this great game!!!

A post was split to a new topic: Light of Empyrion is the only T3 constallation that requires 7 points

After playing a bit more with the patch, I can now say that you did good work on this Crate. The only thing I miss from GI now are the monster names on top of the healthbar and text version of existing buffs/debuffs with CD but I can live without those. As it is now, the game is enjoyable as a vanilla experience. :+1:

However, Iā€™d like to post feedback on Invoker changes. Iā€™m not a fan of PRM myself (because DW guns are more fun) but from my experience, it really needs all the bonuses from set and supporting items to give it some much needed punch. The skill as is doesnā€™t really hit that hard for a 4-node skill. But if that is the will of the designers, then I can accept that.

What Iā€™m not a fan of is changing the conversion on Invoker Blaze. It fundamentally alters the devotions and secondary mastery you select for the build. When you look at the old Invoker, you get to the conclusion that you focus on lightning because thatā€™s where most of the conversion is going. The magehunter version is not going to be affected much as it supports all elemental damage. But what about this build? [Druid] Invoker's Fury [v1.0.0.6 HC]

Yes thats a vanilla build. But its not far fetched to imagine vanilla PRM druids would migrate to the Mythical Invoker version when AoM came out. Lightning is strongly supported by druid and so they have no problems focusing on that while treating fire as an extra. The shaman side of druid has nothing going for it outside of Wind Devils RR in terms of support for fire damage. With the recent change converting most of the damage to fire and coupled with the nerfs to totem and maelstrom, I donā€™t think Iā€™m being dramatic when I say druid PRM is now a dead build.

Just donā€™t press that button then eh?

Transfer component button is super useful. Hottest change since the patch when needed components was taken from your stash for the Devotion Shrines automatically.
Ok, hottest is the search system, but this one is hot as well.

I donā€™t get why some people are complaining so much about the stash buttons changes, some people want confirmation button for mats transfer (so they donā€™t use it accidentally), others donā€™t want the confirmation button for auto sort because it takes too long. They seem trivial complaints to me but i respect those, every one is different.
But, just an idea for Crate, why donā€™t make these buttons work only with a double mouse click? So less chances of a misclick and no annoying(?) confirmation button required.

3 Likes

woohoo-leo

This would fill the gap in any build that is lacking of certain support.
Especially gloves, so sad none of them has skill mod and damage conversion.

Wouldnā€™t you be doing a Farathā€™s Cube based build as druid? Cold+Lightning. Druid handles cold better than fire. Maybe Ludriganā€™s set instead.

Additionally, the confirmation dialog box if it has enter and backspace as the yes/no options can be as fast as ever.

Cyclone Effigy losing the phys res, is that simply so other builds wonā€™t want to use it? The Infernal Knight Shieldbreaker I have really hurts losing 10%. Iā€™ll prob try and replace it with a Zarthuzellan tome with phys res but I donā€™t plan on seeing (a useful) one of those drop anytime soon/in my lifetime, theyā€™re incredibly tedious to farm as well. Until then I just donā€™t really want to play it any more unless anyoneā€™s got any other suggestions.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25oAMEZ

Edit: I do get +3% from using Dryad but itā€™s not really enough to make up for it.

Any indication of how big the patch is please? At 100 KB/s here, Iā€™m afraid of leaving Steamā€™s offline mode.

Iā€™m not sure if there is a better way to find out such things (after the fact) or even if this is accurate of the patch size but there is this:

https://steamdb.info/app/219990/history/

ā€¦and again, keep in mind that I am not 100% certain that that was the actual patch size.

If someone knows for sure either the patch size and/or where to see accurate information of this sort then feel free to enlighten us.

according to the steam download 6MB

Thank you gentlemen!

According to my mobile internet tracking, itā€™s several hunder mb but less than 1 gb

6MB soundsā€¦small. Maybe that was the 2nd mini hotfix that fixed the Krieg shoulders?

Npā€¦ and interestingly when I scrolled down some more there were several different entries for the 7th and on this particular one:

https://steamdb.info/app/219990/history/

ā€¦you can see several size additions listed and all of them do, in fact, appear to equal up to around 6MBā€™s (actually closer to 7 it seems). Interesting.

For me, on Steam, patch was around 130 MB. More than double the size of 1.1.4.0.