Grim Dawn Version 1.1.4.1

This again?

You think I got a mad_lee tracker or something?

Well, I donā€™t mean that it is personal. I mean a lot of nerfs are usually based on my builds and their performance. Among other top builds performance of course, not just mine.

2 Likes

I think, once Grim Dawn is completed in terms of balance updates, Iā€™ll start to miss this love-hate dynamic between devs and top players

I agree with toggles in the settings. This was another thing I have brought up in the past which was shot down by nay sayers. People donā€™t want toggles in settings because ā€œthere would be too many settingsā€.

I hope Iā€™m not speaking out of turn but the way I see this is that you make these high end top builds and it helps them recognize where things need more balance. I think thatā€™s a testament to your skill as a builder creating the builds.

1 Like

Whatā€™s with the Storm Totem beat down every other patch? Is there some OP build I donā€™t know about?

1 Like

How much do you think the changes to Invokerā€™s and cindertouch impacted your lightning panettiā€™s magehunter build? Iā€™ve been pulling that together to try for a bit. My impression is itā€™s not too severe a nerf, but obviously youā€™d understand it more than meā€¦

As if more options are a bad thing. The game is perfectly playable without touching the options, so if someone finds it complicated then itā€™s easy enough to justā€¦ not use or look at them.

God forbid you need to learn something that may improve your experience. :roll_eyes:

I have tested it and they are not ā€œsevereā€ severe but significant. But whatā€™s more important they kind of defeat bi-elemental nature of Invoker that lets you choose from Fire, Lightning or Bi-elemental specs because now Fire is always a dominant damage, so weird and wose for Invoker PRM diversity. Already made a thread about it.

• Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might: reduced % Weapon damage modifiers for Blade Arc and Ring of Steel to 20% and 30%, respectively. Replaced Physical Resist Reduction modifier for Blade Arc with a 33 Internal Trauma damage / 3s modifier.

Ouch! I love this item, but that nerf hurts.

Pets got a buff doh! :crazy_face:

Gotcha, thank you, Iā€™ll follow that.
Kind of sad, I love the flavor/theme of that part of it, and cool themes that perform well are lots of fun.

Some nerfs are understandable but make me laugh.
Nerfmaked and invokerā€™s set cannot even do higher SR (75-76 is not challenging at all). Kuba kills nerfmaked, Grava and other XXX totally destroy invokerā€™s set.
The thing is the developer nerf things based on some buildersā€™ build in this forum.

2 Likes

Still converting 100 % physical damage to acid damage to aegis of menhir, still giving 16 % crit damage, need to check, my game is updated.

could you check Mr. Zantai?
Thank you.

Amazing changes, thanks

1 Like

:astonished:

Ouch. My BM will cry once more. No more physical ABB?
Why transfer it to the Necro rather than just add Necro possibilities? Are you scared of infinite Reapers with Leviathans?

1 Like

Worldeater not getting the +2 to Soldier anymore?

Letā€™s see. Maelstrom does not get extra target at rank 17 and Storm Totem deals less damage on ultimate ranks, i.e starting from rank 17? So its not as soon as you get +10 to skills that you can start to feel the nerfs.

Here are more or less guaranteed items that a beginner can use:

• Fettan mask (+1 all skills)
  • Malmouth Stormcaster or any Stormstrife dagger (+1 all shaman skills vs +2 storm totem)
  • any Groble Sky Effigy (+2 storm totem)
  • Malmouth Arcane Seal (+2 maelstrom)
  • any Chains of Brandis belt (+1 all shaman skills)
  • Ancestor relic (+1 all shaman skills)

so 6to7 ranks to Storm Totem and 7to8 ranks to Maelstrom

Now the set is slanted more towards fire instead of lightning. Time to level up those fire devotions from scratch. Builds based on conversion can be so finickyā€¦ :frowning:

Can you make bounty reward more interesting, I think doing bounty quest after filling up all faction bars quite void. Also adding buffs/debuffs information and duration on game screen is good.

Stormreaver
1140 +1 to inq
1141 -2 to inq

8 Likes