Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

My bad - probably needed one more cup of coffee.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, why did you use the Eye in pet builds (if I understood you correct)?

For the +1 to skills since pet builds tend to be skill point heavy. Also one of the reasons why pet/player hybrids tend to struggle. The Chaos and Stun Res it provides in addition also helps as a whole.

Could you share GT calc with example of such build?

I got your point. Indeed, some offhands don’t grant resistances to the pet master. Do you have proposals, based on your exp, which kind of resistances would be nice to have on corresponding offhands?

The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer. It currently uses Mythical Blood Orb since it provides the same stats for a Conjurer except having Slow Res instead of Stun Res.

However, from the new items, Gate to many worlds can be used: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jy03vN

Aether/Chaos, and/or Stun/Slow/Freeze/Trap res.

CC res is always useful. As for Aether & Chaos, Oak Skin provides Aether res if the build uses Shaman mastery but for Chaos, I think I am the only one who takes Possession on pet builds :sweat:.

Every item should give + to all skills just like in TQ :scorv: If everything is op, nothing is.:joy:

1 Like

Oh, cute starfish. I like it a lot :laughing:

1 Like

Dear All,

this is my first post here in this forum and I first want to thank the Crate-Team for this fanstastic game.
After the last patch I´m happy about buffing my favorite (and very fragile) build, a Cold-Melee-Pet-Hybrid-Trickster.
But I don`t understand the way, this is happening. The Bane of Winter King has been powerful before. The build concept ist suffering because of no set-support, no pet-support for Nightblades, less Devotion support, less piercing-to cold conversion for pets, no cold-support for shaman …
Nevertheless, the build is still fun but the pets do not last very long, the damage output is mediocre and it is very difficult to kill even all monsters within the campagne.
Here are a few suggestions for this kind of build, intended by Bane of the Winter King, Crown of the Winter King, Heart of the Mountain and Bysmiels Chilling Seal:

1. Move the physical resistance from the sword to the crown and delete the new cdr
  2. Chance the lightning to cold conversion from Bane to pierce to cold conversion to strenghten Conjure Primal Spirit
  3. add % health for pets to the Crown
  4. add + cold/frostburn damage to primal bond
  5. more health for Chillmane
  6. add resistances for pets to the key items
  7. tweak other items, supporting this char concept eg. Spiritseeker Cord or Mark of Dark Dreams

Of Course, all of this together would be to powerful but a few changes would make the intended build solid and won`t interact with existing builds to much or result in an OP item.

Best wishes,
Francis

2 Likes

related.

I support the idea of working towards viable hybrids.

2 Likes

Nice new RoH effect Zantai. On this topic, I have several questions:

• Will you look at Eye of Reckoning effects ? Vitality, Chaos and Bleeding are looking identical
  • Fire Panetti Missile granted by the Invoker set does not change color. Oversight ?

I’m going to place my bet on resources.

(In)Human Resources?

Dreadnought Footpads now give more phys res than the empowered and mythical variants.

That is gorgeous and its not just a color swap but actually its a full visual change - bones instead of ice spikes!

Zantai - is this a tease for more similar overhauls to happen?

Also is there a chance that we get a Chaos Ring of Steel mod somewhere on Rahzin set?

Thank you.

wishing for a complete “overhaul of bleeding skills”… the most lackluster looking cluster of skills of all time. If this is done, Grim Dawn would finally be able to live up to its “name”. :sunglasses:

Also hoping u never forget the overhaul of devotion skills and item skill procs particularly when full general damage conversion is achieved.

Monster Totems are one of the best concepts you guys have come up with to date. :grim_dawn:

I say this as my main play style is campaign and I find all my items or craft them in this mode.

I am not a great fan of never ending waves of enemies like Crucible or Shattered Realm.
This is not just in Grim Dawn, as every game where I have encountered this mode, I have had a look to see what was going on and then that was that!, back to the main theme …

I find those modes extremely boring and repetitive, but at the same time I appreciate that there are a lot of players out there that enjoy this arena style of play. Grim Dawn is a rare entity that can cater for the needs of BOTH casual and serious RPG players as well as arena or campaign paths to develop your character builds.

The problem us Campaigners had for a long time was that even though grinding for gear was hard and frustrating with the RNG aspect, playing Crucible or SR did not appeal to us as a solution as we are more interested in the way that our character develops and matches the challenges of the story line and enjoy that levelling playstyle as opposed to just sitting in a never ending dungeon where the attraction is lucrative loot drops.

Monster Totems has now given us Campaigners a great way to still play our style, but now benefit from the Crucible and SR loot drops in that we come across Monster Totems that spawn a nice challenge with great XP rewards and loot.

Every quest character of mine now is mindfully watching the map for the appearance of these Monster Tome icons and it has really opened up the campaign farming mode as I now don’t have to worry about thinking - “Should I run SR for a few levels to try and get good stuff” - NAH, stay true to game and the Monster Totems will provide?

3 Likes

Wait, can Monster Totems spawn a random Nemesis?

I have to agree, again, as it has been a week and my only complaint was about getting flashbacks of the previous patch notes! (And the nerf of my poor poor saboteur)

While normal SR still has it’s uses (Nemesis MIs in bulk, but as I reach nemesis status I’ll see how my farming runs will bowl into them), doing a totem run is extremely fun if one plays a campaign oriented build (with movement skills in at least one mastery.)

There is a lack of my favorite totem type however: Voidtouched totem. Only one ancient outside BoC, only one totem total in Depraved Sanctuary (Can’t you put a forsaken on the way there and another in the sanctuary proper? Plus one in wightmire), plus one in necropolis gates and one in necro interior. Blood Grove ones are a little too spread out to be interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t know (don’t play SR), but MT spawn some very tough and numerous monsters.

In campaign mode once we have the “NEMESIS” status for a faction we know where to go start looking for that target, and now the beauty is that on the way we can come across these new Monster Totems.

:grinning: