Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

When built properly, Belgo is far from being glass cannon. It’s actually on the sturdier side of the best melee builds.

maybe in crucible. i personally feel way tankier in SR on my death knight. Blademaster has no issues with physical attackers, they are a non-factor to a well build BM.

Thanks for the item filter change. Really appreciate that. Nice change to spellscourge. I haven’t finished the set yet - still need helmet - but the RR on blade arc is nice, probably drop warcry now.

This patch is… more than expected. Kudos gentlemen

I look forward to tossing money at Loyalty Pack 3.

5 Likes

That was sarcasm of me saying that removing that glass-cannon trait from Belgo would be nice :smiley:

1 Like

A good deal of “dead build” claims have been falling short as of late. People will solve the new belgo, you might just have to move out of the fire once in a while.

1 Like

Belgo is perfectly fine. I actually hate this kind of peeps that make an assumption without actually testing the stuff.

4 Likes

He’s outright stated it.

Patch available or not, people will complain without testing :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Seriously, in all seriousness, when I finally get it spending more than 300+ ugdenblooms for that perfect conduit with the poison resistance I long wanted and the summon limit (I got one with an undesirable resist) not a week has passed and you nerf it to the ground! My poor chillwhisper infiltrator I so long worked for
All that time farming the fucking Ugdenblooms for nothing. I never farmed so much ugdens for any conduit until I decided I wanted to build a Blade Spirit + chillspikes…

I want to rage, but before that happens… I favor build diversity. I get it you made the change in favour of a certain playstyle, yet so complicated to build.
I get it. I understand it
I can bear it too

But what I can’t bear is that at least it made total sense to MOVE the blade spirit summon limit TO Chillwhisper. You didn’t. Why? That way we all get happy, you have the fire thingy, and US who play chillwhisper (yet not so happy) at least we have the limit move to the set. A move that had to be there from the beggining, something that makes complete sense.

I’m not hiding my discontent as you can see. I’m not downloading the patch in the near future

Again, I FAVOUR different playstyles and build diversity. It’s what attracted to me to GD first.

Thanks for reading me.

2 Likes

I don’t think this helps it fill a niche. More focus on either lightning or retaliation damage probably would.

Hey man, that’s a great find. Could you maybe post a screenshot or two?

If a channeled direct damage skill has enough damage to work as a hit and run 0 def build it’s frankly overpowered by definition, or enemies are universally weak pushovers that will die to anything.

2 Likes

If you wanted a kiting build there are DoT and cooldown spells designed and balanced around such play. I’ll state it again if a skill is channeled and manages to produce enough damage such that it can fire occasionally and still manage to melt enemies it’s simply doing too much damage.

Grim Dawn is balanced around dual-mastery characters and builds. Unfortunately for you, Aether AAR on specific character combos and setups was performing higher than the developers wanted.

This isn’t to say your build is/should be invalidated completely but by playing a solo Arcanist, you are choosing on your part, not the developers, to make things harder for yourself. Something of a fringe case.

3 Likes

@Player37

For hit and run playstyle:

1 Like

LOL i was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

even more, for nostalgia’s sake:

I love the new items. Already putting some time into getting a decent roll on the new ABB medal.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans on making Mythical versions of items that don’t have any right now? I’m thinking Soulthief for example.

Probably not, can´t hurt to politely request a mythical Soulthief though. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, try my spec, it’s pretty tanky and balanced offensively at the same time.