Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

Very nice update, thanks for the totems and double rare filter. these 2 will have a big impact on the game for me.

Unfortunately yeah.

I just went on quickly to see the changes to PB and kill time went down very noticeably. Since my build is already odd it will suffer more then the conventional ones.

Obviously the build isn’t “dead”, however I will likely not play it anymore because it’s not fun at the speed it’s going.

@mad_lee yeah I missed that in my original post on this thread. The SB conduit change is a 100% revert to me.

If conduits are for the lols, the good ones should be left alone, the bad ones need changing and maybe add more in the form of another amulet that has 8 other affixes to choose from.

Well you did promise me salt, would have been a shame if you didn’t deliver.

3 Likes

It honestly looks like some of changes were made just to spite (pun intended) the microscopic community of endgame grinders and builders. You have trully outdone yourself this time. But yeah, seasons, I understand.

I already have two children in the house, I don’t need more to “spite”.

10 Likes

I really like the Totems. They are a great addition to the game. It’s cool that they can spawn in Challenge Dungeons aswell.

3 Likes

I just encountered my first one, the thing spit out like 6 enemy heroes, I love this! More for the XP gain than for the loot but the loot aspect is always great as well. Also that they’re randomly placed is awesome

2 Likes

Hallelujah! It’s been a long slow march from the Titan Quest system of old, first giving up the “completion bonuses” and now giving up partial components entirely.
I think this is a good move to streamline both gearing and crafting. I really like the other component related changes too, like lowered level requirements.
Thanks for another great patch!

2 Likes

This is why I love this game. :smiley:

Is there any fire damage on Cadence? Can someone explain to me that change in the patch plz? Or is it 14 fire dmg from Discord?

B-but I wanted to play Wolcen…

For some 30-ish fire damage on Flame Touched. :rofl:

Honestly, dude, this sounds a bit paranoid

4 Likes

I don’t think “paranoid” is the word you were looking for here. I think you meant “exaggerated”.

It’s not though, I am just lazy to list all the changes that make very little sense. And honestly I find it hard to care anymore, I think my time with this game is coming to an end.

5 Likes

Don’t forget that pierce ranged gear usually converts 50-75% of elemental to pierce already.

Honestly that change should be either changed to something else or reverted. Doesn’t have much sense to me.

Thank you for updating. :wink:

I cleared SR96 with Avenger warder in the previous ver. Based on that experience, Avenger needs to be able to always get more Phys resi, or change the proc condition from hit to attack. I don’t think I need more Trauma.

I also tried the Bleed and Trauma hybrid.
In that case, OA was so scarce that he died earlier than Oleron’s Rage ver, despite being able to absorb damage with Primal Bond.

One can only hope.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update and work done thus far! You guys are awesome!

Was this like your clever way to state that you hope he goes? Regardless about how you may feel about mad he does have a very valid point.

I love this game and think the world of the designers but I have felt the same way at times. I’ve stated my problems with it in other threads so I am not going to repeat. And the reason I didn’t salt all over the patch notes is for just that reason. They are my issues. However it doesn’t make them invalid but they do affect me and only me. The rest of the group I play with are already busy smashing their heads against the monsters totems in glee and don’t share my concerns but they totally get them at the same time.

Their answer is simple: Mod for the group if the base game isn’t or won’t be changed by the developer. That’s what the mod tools are for.