Grim Dawn Version 1.1.7.0

I noticed another (undocumented, I think) change, which is that the Abomination boss has received quite the corrupted shard care package, having grown in size quite considerably…or perhaps it’s the steady diet of overconfident Taken…

1 Like

This has been my experience with crucible as well

I noticed a couple of strange things. Idk are those bugs or a feature.

Elite difficulty, Purifier, lvl 86.

1. Boss creature in Smuggler’s Pass dropped ugdenbloom what, I suppose is a AoM specific loot.

2. Monster totem in Pine Barrens also dropped ugdenbloom.

3. Aetherial totems in Port Valbury and Croplands seem to belong to Aetherial Vanguard faction instead of just Aetherial, because killing spawned creatures raises reputation with Malmouth resistance.

Sorry for my English, not a native speaker.

Thank you for this significant update.

I noticed it in SR too! I was like, “whoa! Have you always been this big?!”

Either Briarthorn is not a particularly strong skill where a 1.65 multiplier will end up being okay, or this is going to be a funhouse of OP-ness.

Courtesy of buffed Bloodsworn Codex + Zaria’s Pendant

If I was being snarky before, thanks so much for this massive update. I’m sure designing and creating MI’s for so many creatures must have been tons of work to go through. The amount of effort this team puts into this game is nothing short of incredible.

1 Like

I just had two mythical blacksteel gauntlets drop on the way to the Morgoneth dungeon. I’ve never seen the same unique drop in the same session before? Bug?

1 Like

No, just RNGesus.

In 4K hours it’s never happened before. I have played multiple hours without the same unique dropping, which in some cases net about 150 legendaries per session. It’s not rng. It’s either a bug or a change with the latest patch.

I have seen 2 Mythical Stormseeker drop in 20-30 mins in one session. Not in the same area though.

RNG, just because something has never happened in your personal experience doesn’t mean it’s a bug…

5 Likes

How many times has it happened to you?

Actually at least two or three times. I’ve dropped multiples in the same chest opening, Nemesis troves. It has happened and does happen. Now how great are the odds of it happening? Probably pretty low but it does happen.

2 Likes

I actually had this weird moment where I couldn’t tell if I really remembered or it was deja vu, because I seemed to think that it did happen before with… mythical blacksteel gauntlets. But I guess it does happen then. I thought this whole time that there was a mechanism in the game that was preventing this from happening.

Because I thought the odds of it happening were too low for it not to happen over such a long period of time. I remember getting golemborn greaves almost every time I played, so why not during the same session. Restart, and 2 drops later, golemborn greaves… but never the same session. This was back in the early days when the pool of uniques was a lot smaller.

2 Likes

Some games like Diablo 2 had the mechanic where a unique item would only drop once per game session, so it’s no unheard of in ARPG’s. It’s never happened to me either in GD.

1 Like

I have had that happen a good portion of the time since the Forgotten God Expansion came out where I get the same epic to drop on me in the same game session. I have mixed feelings when it happens. I always try to find more new epics along the way.

I don’t like this but understand the concept behind it I guess. Some love to base only game owners?

I’ts OK, but would have preferred something like 8-10% retal damage added to attack to savagery instead of only 6%.

The other changes are really cool though overall.

I 100% lost interest in pets after all my(and other people’s) complaining about snapshotting being OP and tedious got snapshotting nerfed.

Edit: Changes look interesting. Garg pistols are finally viable, gotta go mess with em.

1 Like

I believe the one drop/session-rule only applies to Legendary items, no?
Blacksteel Gauntlets are Epic.

I had 2 M. Glory of the Silver Knight helmets dropped in the same session, happened in the previous patch though.