Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

We need the new patch update to the grimtools, fast! I think my hands of shaking :rofl:

1 Like

Oh yes! A new “arena” to fight in now too, no spoiling but I am sure you know what area I am referencing!

1 Like

Yeah, kinda sucks to have to wait for GrimTools to be able to judge all of the changes. I get that the patch notes are already miles long, but if they included a bit more detail on the new gear, comparisons between old numbers and new, the new item skill modifiers that have been added etc., we would be able to do a bit more of the gear reshuffling off of that without waiting for GrimTools.

Any idea how long the GrimTool update usually takes?

Yep, it’s hard to theorycraft while keeping all changes in your consideration with old grimtools patch. We should be able to use updated grimtools by tomorrow at most, but it depends on the people and sometimes people have more important things to deal.

Worst case it was like a week (remember those harsh times? only 50% player population survived) but usually much quicker. I love the ‘diff’ format like in programming where you see precisely what line/value changed.

I love the change in SR with killing Nemesis giving more to end the chunk. It is now so much faster to play SR.

4 Likes

Not the first time this has happened anyways lol and it’s justifiable.

Just tested my Wildblood… Such nerfs + less RR from masteries were waaay to much. It was a bad idea to balance the set according to forum whines :cry:

1 Like

Wait, what does this qualify as? :smiley:

8 Likes

Lets call it “A cultural feedback”

8 Likes

Based on thorough testing and not GT theorycrafting only.

Wildblood was considered OP by few people in feedback section but Vines nerfs are maybe too much and this skill was already pretty niche.

This is something no one has brought up but it is a nerf to pierce infiltrators. Interesting for physical though.

1 Like

Just give back the duration, other nerfs are warranted imo. Remember that you nerfed Vitality everywhere so Vitality Wildblood Conjurers/Ritualists/Archons took a double hit. Actually a tripple hit, since they are all double RR classes so they have suffered from recent RR balancing change.

they’ve been using shadow’s grasp for a while, so not a big deal.

2 Likes

Thanks. Did not know we had a separate topic for that.

My WPS Mage Hunter (go go RNG) thanks you for the Tsunami buffs. Sad about Overload and Elemental Balance though.

I have to say i am enjoying the new areas to explore they really add some nice flavour to the game and more fun areas to explore! I also really like the rework to Maul on the Bear constellation reducing the enemies armour. I’m going to think of a build to use that now :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, I can understand AAR and CB, but why was Wildblood set nerfed? Did i miss some metabuild with it?

My poor bleed conjurer…

In terms of Wendigo vs. Bat…I think peeps forget how fast trash melts so to have it (Wendigo) applied on 10 targets for any extended period of time…however there are situations where Wendigo will outperform like high SR on multiple champion mobs or boss rooms where you are fighting all 4 plus trash at one time. Both have their place and shine in certain situations.

In terms of the patch:

Targo: Saddened by the change to the proc. Wish the change was more dynamic and not just a dot increase.

Dryad: don’t think the 0.5 sec cd reduction will make much difference but willing to test.

Pan’s scepter: Likely the change I am most excited about. Lots of seals for all the memes

Additional res of faction gear: Welcomed addition!

Menhir’s Bulwark: Like this change. Wondering if 2h rata is viable with this.

Maul devo proc: This looks fun!

“The Big One”: Haven’t don’t extensive testing but it seems that no more then one point is necessary unless you have skill points to burn. Still a welcomed change.

Totems: :+1:

Plus many others but those standout the most from the little I played yesterday.

Overall this patch, as usual, is awesome. Hope there is still a little gas left in terms of additional content down the road.

1 Like

Why this even happend? I don’t get it. I think that there are too many buffs this patch :smiley:

1 Like