Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

well, scaling now is a lot better, so it’s actually more. but the point about phys res is correct.
and i still believe it would have been more beneficial for such (in my opinion) weak archetypes as spam phys FW tactitian to have rr on stormbox, rather than on censure.

physical devotion route got a whole bunch of DA and armor, so most physical build can cunning dump to the death to get more dam and more OA, so i dont think any physical build desperately need oleron’s rage. I’ll take AoC anyday, with maybe a tiny less OA vs getting huge physical res and flat physical dam.

they were doing it long before this patch. you need physique mostly for heavy armor. nobody really needs more than 2800 DA (except for celestials).

2 Likes

yeah, thats exactly what i meant. I dont have any probelm with OA with any physical build (as you said you want to “see their OA value w/o OR”- and they dont have any prob with it even BEFORE this patch). I play Cadence tactician, and 16/12 AoC is ALREADY better than 16/12 OR (of course only when you can convert all those pierce dam to physical). But now- it just widen the gap between those 2

A screen full of enemies which most are dead before you even apply Wendigo :thinking:

Grimtools waiting room, I brought popcorn.

5 Likes

I’m personally thinking of cases like 4 bosses in Crucible / SR without camera abuse gang up on you because I’ve been trying to cope with such situations in some builds recently. And applying Wendigo on all of them quickly with a good proccer when they are all still alive (and thus most dangerous). But it’s probably not a usual case and a certain death for most builds.

i’m looking at your dual havoc tactician and 2760 OA is fairly low, even with DA shred on stormbox.
it’s not about the damage or “crucible mafia obsession with speed”. it comes to the sustain - it’s much more beneficial to proc Assassin’s mark as fast as possible for better lifesteal.
and yet again - i believe that such high amount of DA is not really useful.

But that’s offtopic - my point is:

1. People wanted second chaos ult
  2. It’s better for stonefist to have it’s rr on stormbox.

UPD: i might have forgotten some recents changes in balance, so the values in calc differ from the ones in the game.

The two cases where it would matter are the boss waves of crucible and the boss chunk of SR.
I don’t know much about crucible but in SR you try to aggro bosses 1 or 2 at a time and in that case Bat heals more especially when you clip both bosses if you aggroed two of them. Though that’s assuming you facetank, if you kite then yeah Wendigo does the job better. Still, was it op ?

and thats exactly what i said “the change of AoC AND FIGHTING SPIRIT make my build so much stronger”, since it give me more OA from more point of AoC, and about 70% uptime with hard-cap fighting spirit allow my Deadly Aim active much more time, they compensate for each other so good.
The link you “see” is from 1.1.7.2, not 1.1.8. I did a few SR 75 run and clearly it got 3k5 OA 80-85% time when i open char tab (well, we dont have GI to show OA now). And for the DA, as you can see i dont need it that high, but when i dump just enough physique to equip all armor, then it stop at 3k1 DA without more investment. Thats how ridiculous DA from devotion physical route.

I guess some people think that Chaos and Conviction belong in the same sentence

While gameplay often trumps flavor, theme is still very important when making mechanical changes.

5 Likes

Honestly was not aware of specific performance of chaos AAR. The goal was simply to compensate chaos for the nerfs AAR needed. We’ll adjust it accordingly, possibly in the hotfix.

1 Like

if i’m not mistaken, it’s lower:
8/12+8 (if i didn’t forget anything) so it’s 40% uptime.

understandable, but isn’t inq having chaos and aether rr is already sort of a violation of this principle?

alright then.
sorry @Retal_Abuser, that wasn’t intended to happen.

oh my bad, you are right, i saw FS icon proc a lot, but maybe just my mistake :)) but when change to OR 16/12, nothing much more happen. It basically the same, but with much lower dam and physical res. So your point on OR is not enough. i think we can close that topic now mate

Don’t worry. A builder having his/her build nerfed should be proud. And maybe even earn a special forum badge:
badge
*by glassification, fillers, perfect gameplay, reporting buff time not real time and all other dirty tricks (s)he could’ve come up with.

12 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s an upside down heart or…

15 Likes

That badge should be given to those that make A/SS class build :peach:

1 Like

Good to know it’s fixed now. Enjoy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I know what I’ll be doing for the next three weeks. Reading patch notes, scouring GrimTools and adjusting builds. Feels like Christmas :smiley: