Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

this is a very interesting change. though set still needs some QoL buffs like extra skill points, pjys res etc, this tweak is really welcomed.

My Avenger Warder is pleased.

May I ask why removed it ?
Im plan to use Ghol set for HC sr100 ~ 110

@thepowerofmediocrity
@Maya

Edit: so My new plan is Lost souls set with Rotdrinker 3 BF 2 Hellhound Vitality Pet

2 Likes

Cool, free Stun Resist. Gonna test my Vit PS later.

More dual wield options? Yes please.

1 Like

Zolhan changes are extremely appreciated, now ZT a solid choice for many dualwield soldier build

Another long anticipated changes

My paladin are now happy

Overall it’s a one of the best hotfix i ever seen
No #dead_build, but only changes for the better

5 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: Maya Pet Balance Thread

Again no improvements to Cold PRM (Faraths Cube) and Slatsharrs Crest :sleepy:

Why ? Avengers Warlord had only 1 advantage vs Warder - duration IT ( but even with him it was worse)

+1 for skill points proposal

I very much agree with this statement!
So much good stuff in this hotfix, well done Crate!

3 Likes

No reverts on Wildblood :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Appreciate the patch.

Rotgheist changes are there to help Primal Strike?

Also, does anyone have any insight on the lightning EoR changes? And the overlap on Empyrion’s Mercy and Kymon’s Blade.

• Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Summon Blight Fiend and increased its Acid damage modifier to 45

Does not make any sense, why need to remove the only identity of this circle?
Rot drinker does not coexist with Ghol’s set, what you need to do is to buff this gear, instead of nerf.
This reduces the variety of builds.

Please revert back or move reduce recharge property to Ghol’s set, seriously.

8 Likes

Variety isn’t great of a point in this specific case because normal BF and unstable anomaly using virtually the same gear is a variety problem in itself.

I understand that if non-Ghol BF didn’t work out well before then it’s unreasonable to think it would now. But rolling everything back isn’t the only way.

1 Like

This change definitely made me sad. My Liliana Vess meme build relied on that helm. But please dont take this the wrong way Crate, I love the game and all the work you put into it. Classic title and one of my favorite games of all time, because of items like the Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent.

This was one of your coolest items/item modifiers, particularly because its not a set item and therefore can be used thematically, outside of the box (build depth and creative freedoms being one of the best strengths in Grim Dawn).

Its possible maybe there is another, non-set item that has equal CDR for the BF/Unstable Anomalies, maybe I just dont know about it. Is there something I am missing?

I’m getting some strange lighting effects around the character w/r/t to day/night cycles. Anyone else having this issue?

It was transferred to Rotmender medal.

The whole outcry from renown pet players is you can’t have four Blight Fiends anymore because it conflicts with Ghol set.

3 Likes

Very good decision.

Oh, sweet! I guess I missed that it was added to Rotdrinker crest. I am glad the modifier was not removed entirely, I love my Unstable Anomalies <3

Thank you for clarifying, and my apologies for misreading!

1 Like

And for a moment my wife and I were jumping because, you know, implementing a Acid-Albrecht-Ray with a toxic-green effect…? For now, we make Zolhan great again! We have hopes for 1.1.9 :heart_eyes:

1 Like