Maya Pet Balance Thread

So Transmuted Blightfiends get nerfed unnecessarily while the CD was never the issue, a pity buff I assume for the Hellhound which will most likely address none of the issues with it…

Crucible buff that does not address the facts that pets lose blessings upon death and that temporary pets don’t benefit from them…

I suppose the changes could be much worse and the fact that they aren’t should be taken as a blessing :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

without 3BF Ghol set like piece of shit :rage:

1 Like

What a relief then that the bonuses are specifically pet bonuses and thus apply to pets regardless of whether they got summoned after you got the buff or not…otherwise it would also apply to the player character, but I’m sure an expert on the game such as yourself would know this so I’m just stating the obvious.

2 Likes

I never said that they were player bonuses.

But temporary pets still don’t benefit from them and upon death Pets lose their buffs, correct?

Or was that changed and I happened to miss that in whatever patch number the change happened?

An absolute forever ago the Crucible blessings were split off to give bonuses that buff both the target and give them Bonuses to All Pets.

This effectively made it so that your pets would get a really big bump right away and retain that buff so long as you kept them alive, however if they got resummoned, they still benefit from the Bonuses to All Pets portion of the blessing.

Thus, the change in this hotfix increased the values of the pet-specific portion and as such benefits pets at all times, regardless of whether they died, got resummoned or were up the entire time.

Ah, so they lose half the power of the blessings instead of all of it upon death/resummoning.

I doubt its effectiveness since given their performance on the last patch, this shouldn’t be enough to let pets catch up with non pet builds in Crucible. But small steps, right?

Seems to be a glass half-empty reaction here. Nerf? Unforgivable. Buff? Meh, could be better.

And I honestly fail to see how the hotfix is nerfing transmuted Blightfiends if “the CD was never the issue”. I don’t follow the logic here. If the problem was damage, damage got buffed. If the problem was uptime, reduced duration makes things worse, but you’re saying it’s not what’s relevant (this is truly what confuses me). If the problem is survival, then it changes nothing. What’s the issue, in what circumstances did you encouter it, what do you suggest to fix it?

1 Like

Imagine taking away a glass of drinkable water vs being given a glass of piss.

The complaint regarding Blightfiends and Ghol was that the other pets and sets aren’t getting enough love.

CD was not what made them strong, it is what made them unique and viable. Hence nerfing the build/pets by nerfing the CD is like nerfing Briarthorns by giving them Pierce dmg in place of physical.

Sorry, but imagine getting a new glass of yellow liquid with no odor and instantly assuming it’s piss.

And if CD was “what made them unique and viablee” then it IS the problem! You wrote “the CD was never the issue”. It is the issue, from your perspective! Wth? Now it’s a matter of comparing the previous state with less duration but more damage, so transmuted Blightfiends became more “bursty”, and baseline Blightfiends just became stronger, maybe we should test how it balances out before crying “nerf!” And if it is a nerf, then present an argument for having the reduced CD back! Again, wth?

Going to sound like MadLee here, but I have enough experience to determine what it is. Or do you want to argue that next?

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that a build being viable is a problem?

There was no buff to blightfiends. CD on an item got transferred to another item that can’t be used with Ghol set.

It straight up nerfed Blightfiend focused builds.

I will gladly argue that. Experience is not widsom. You haven’t made tests, you’re making assumptions. While they do hold some weight, they’re -still- assumptions. You have no data, you only have ideas. And you wonder why your feedback is not taken more seriously, despite your pioneering in pet builds? That’s why.

And what I’m trying to say it that you’re shooting yourself in the foot by saying that CD is not the problem when it is pretty much the point you want to make. You want transmutted Blightfiend to be viable, they were viable before, you see a change that endanger that viability and instead of pointing it out, you’re muddiying the water by saying that this change is irrelevant. It is what you’re saying with “the CD was never the issue”. I’m pretty sure it’s not what you want to say, but it IS what you’re saying.

Listen, I am in no position to make an educated guess about this change, and you should be in a much better position than me to do so and present it in a compelling way. But they way you’re doing it, omg. It’s super confusing and lacks real data to support it. In conclusion, I’m criticizing the form of your argument, not the substance, and I do think you would be listenend a lot more with less rethoric and more facts.

1 Like

wisdom

/ˈwɪzdəm/

noun
the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.

So it is my judgement you argue then.

But I don’t need to test anything here to see how taking away a 4sec cd is a nerf and not a buff. Why would that be an assumption and not a fact?

And hey, feel free to consult someone else who I would consider more than my equal regarding pets, @Duskdeep86. You can see how he shares my same sentiment regarding this issue.

You are blaming me for your takeaway from my post being completely different from the actual post?

Let me dissect it for you:

-> Patch notes indicating nerf to CD
-> Me saying “why nerf CD? CD was never an issue”
-> You saying some nonsense about this

Let me see if this works:

You go to a doctor having a headache and the doctor cuts off your toes as solution.

I am saying that CD should have never entered the picture.

So the patch notes aren’t real?

Oh, thank you for pointing it out.

As for being listened and such, plenty of people listen. I do not particularly care about the part of the community that doesn’t or thinks they know better when they don’t.

As for Zantai, I have long given up on trying to make any actual changes happen given all the failed attempts and even then, I would be making a thread in the feedback section if I felt the need. Not as a random comment here.

Ghol is now played with 2 BF. Seems like that was the goal intended.

Transmuted BF were seperated from the set and got some dmg buffed on the Serpent helm.
Look at it as an design choice and not like a nerf, i would recommend. :neutral_face::relieved:

Seems like transmuted BF with Ghol were a bit overperforming. :astonished:

It is a nerf to all the builds that used both together.

And Blightfiends, transmuted or otherwise, aren’t exactly worth going for without the set. Been there, tried that. Pets are one of those cases where Sets play an important role in their power.

They weren’t. They were powerful in SR, but due to how Blessings work, non Transmuted blightfiends always got faster clears than transmuted ones in Crucible. So, they were strong in one department while weak at another, which should be perfectly fine.

Thats a valid view on the changes. Just like the hybrid concern, we are encouraged to mouth our opinions and ideas on the forum. The devs wanted to mold the game into something better together. But still the last word is held by the devs and we have to respect their decision making. If we like it or not.

Its the same with my “single class solution”-thread.
I have given my feedback and idea to the community and can only hope it will be appreciated.
If not its also fine, i have tried my best. :hugs:

Perhaps, but I like atleast a few others have been or are getting discouraged when all our opinions and ideas amount to nothing or very little in the end and as time goes, constructive feedback even if it was originally the intend becomes more and more like mere complaints.

But as everyone’s time is important and carefully testing things, coming up with detailed feedback on what is being tested and then coming up with the best possible solutions, etc takes up a lot of time, when you have no idea if any of it will be useful, hardly anyone can be blamed for not wanting to go through the trouble when they feel the odds are not in their favour.

These days when I do post in the feedback section, it is mostly to voice out general concerns and such I see among the community and find interesting enough rather than personal suggestions with the hopes of changes happening.

And posts like this, is more like how one might curse after stubbing their toe at furniture. It won’t do any good, but we still go about it :sweat:

1 Like

How quickly it devolved in futile rethoric. I’ll just say this, you’re awefully defensive when I was just really pointing out that I had trouble understanding what you were saying. I guess I should have been less antagonizing, so I’ll take the blame on that. In a way I should thank you, you reminded me that I should apply my own advice to myself. Less rethoric, more facts.

Could have just said that then. Shorter, simpler and would have got you a better answer.

I somehow doubt it, but we’ll never know.

Right,

is indeed the best way. My bad.