Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

Oh, sweet! I guess I missed that it was added to Rotdrinker crest. I am glad the modifier was not removed entirely, I love my Unstable Anomalies <3

Thank you for clarifying, and my apologies for misreading!

1 Like

And for a moment my wife and I were jumping because, you know, implementing a Acid-Albrecht-Ray with a toxic-green effect…? For now, we make Zolhan great again! We have hopes for 1.1.9 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

thanks that is great :smiley:

1 Like

Extreme nice addition! I just saw it after GT.com has updated the homepage. Really wonderful addition.

Did someone manage to beat Gladiator Crucible in less that 3 minutes or annihilate Ravager in 10 seconds with big bad Chaos AAR in 1.1.8.0? :crazy_face:

At last, a reasonable change! After all these centuries…

1 Like

Kind of.

I have a leftover feeling that rollback of buffs wasn’t necessary though.

1 Like

It becomes a funny tradition - to give and then to take back :grin:.

That Ghol nerf makes me really, really sad. I don’t understand why it was needed. Was BF spam overperforming? It’s a cool patch nonetheless with tons of great additions and improvements, but this change really sours the dish.

2 Likes

CD reduction was moved to Mythical Rotdrinker Crest, so they’re two distinct itemization now.

I got that, but that’s still a Ghol nerf nonetheless. And I don’t think it’s a distinct itemisation that comes out on top, considering all the things the build loses if it doesn’t have the full Ghol bonus, or the medal specifically (let’s see…vit to acid conversion, extra BF, new summon for additional damage, survivability for pets due to new summon’s slow aura, 10 % extra damage due to new summon’s RR). Worse yet, the itemisation for full Ghol doesn’t really change. Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent is still the only helm with major bonuses to BF. It just lost all of its identity.

3 Likes

Righteous Fervor needs some buff, there is no proper melee RF build except Acid Dervish variations. Fire with Soulblades especially the worst one probably, Burn damage is too much for a melee build, Vitality Melee’s are probably won’t be too OP and I didn’t even see a physical RF without retaliation. Not sure about range versions though but doubt it will over perform. Aether with Screaming Veil etc is also not that good.

I don’t know how to improve it without buffing acid dervish builds but it certainly a must do. I tried Fire, Cold and Aether versions; also theorycrafted Vitality too but all have too low RF damage(single hit).

You guys added Nightblade Fire RR but but the weapons that should be perfect for a Fire Dervish; Soulblades are too weak for melee and only good for illusions.

1 Like

Debatably yes. For what Ghol + Unstable Anomaly does, it does it extremely well, especially as it just got another damage buff in 1.1.8.0. From what I’ve seen, even some pet players like @Maya agreed that repeatedly buffing Ghol’s set every update (even if indirectly) was crazy and might have have necessitated some small nerfs eventually, they just take issue with the way it was done here.

1 Like

I see. In that case, I’d rather they revert some of the buffs it received that pushed it over the top than do it like this.

Well, they can’t really do that for the ones I mentioned in 1.1.8.0 as:

• It involves the resist reduction mastery and enemy resistance changes. As all of Ghol’s RR is tied to it’s skill modifiers, Ritualists gained a bit with the 5% resistance loss on enemies. Occultist variants lose out on 5% in Vulnerability but they break even for the same reason.

• The addition of Nightshard as an option enables another 15% or 25% Acid RR.

Nightshard’s RR can’t really be swapped as it will impact other non-pet-based builds that use it. I suppose the better way to nerf it then if it requires one would just be a bog-standard lowering of base damage or RR numbers on the set itself instead of something that effects it’s playstyle.

I do agree with the notion behind the change though of giving Rotmender’s Crest something defining as a side grade to it as I have almost never seen it used nor considered using it as Ghol’s full set is just the de facto standard for Acid pets. Maybe Rotdrinker would be used before you find Ghol’s Mark for a self-found player but that’s still a fringe case.

3 Likes

Nice patch, btw Z can you buff some armor/physical res to Rimetongue set (the buff to Horn of Gandarr is great), for example this build only has 11% and 1k9 armor. And its never a top tier (squishy, cant kill celestial v.v…v)
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28m3M7V

1 Like

I had no idea that a change like this was even in the works. Considering that the Serpent helmet was practically the 5th part of the set, I could see why this change was made, but without there being other Blight Fiend-centric items, there will be a bit of a shake-up in terms of what to provide a Ghol’s build. It’s always possible that one can use the Ghol’s set with the permanent Blight Fiend and not have to worry about having little CDR; since Ritualists have to worry about keeping the Briarthorns alive to get the player’s Physical Resistance up to par, it wouldn’t be that much of a shift to go from full offensive to a little more defensive.

…the ursurpers do not even dare to throw their feces.

7 Likes

Dervish also wins for phys RF.

That build’s strength doesn’t come from RF and has a very unique style that one can be cautious while call it an melee AA build. And yes RF has better physical support than fire.

1 Like

very true, nevertheless, best phys RF is dervish. Banana made one similar to mine but AA oriented.
Oppressor is also really good, but a bit slower.

1 Like