Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.0

I’ve gotten a couple of Goredrinker pieces so far.

1 Like

just got an embercalling helm myself too, so seems they are in the chests - after about 7 veilkeepers worth of drops :wink:

1 Like

From the left approaches farmer :zantai: with 1.1.9.0,
on the right there’s  Maya  a chef  a player  a pet sitting on 1.1.8.1:

Oh, and just a thought - wouldn’t it be nicer if this was 1.9 instead of 1.1.9?
The next big patch would be 2.0 if you know what I am saying.

4 Likes

I’m feeling it. It’s perfectly atmospheric. Very good post.
I should play with other sounds disabled more often.

If someone is confused here’s the thread Lost music tracks of Grim Dawn

So I came back and see my builds nerfed into ground several patches later.

Crate, why?! Why nerf retal and pets? Why do you think I spent my time levelling these characters? How would I brag to other players and rub it into their face that I have the best build in Grim Dawn now? To feel a sense of pride and accomplishment? :crying_cat_face:

Why you’re even nerfing things in a single player game. It’s not competitive. Is that really a problem that there’s a couple of overpowered builds and the rest is unplayable shit compared to them? Other players won’t care if I’m playing a better build than them you know? :pouting_cat:

And even if you do balancing you should never nerf things in a single player game, only buff things. If Spellbinder can’t do SR120 then simply buff spellbinder. If Markovian can’t clear the naked crucible as fast as some of the retal builds then simply buff Markovian so that it could. If acid TSS Warlock can’t come even close to SR100 then simply buff it becomes good. It’s not even impossible, diablo 3 did it.

:joy_cat:

11 Likes

İ found this build in forum. With buffs to fang of chton, i wanna try this as my next char

@Lokarr, pathetic!

1 Like

This guy gets it, unlike certain people.

3 Likes

@Lokarr I have not seen such sad display since ulzuin’s betrayal

This philosophy of not nerfing / hurting feelings is more upsetting to players in the long run anyway (game’s never close to being balanced). It’s like being in a relationship and not talking through existing problems - it’s doomed to fail eventually.

1 Like

You’re so right! Instead of f*ing up this game from time to time again devs could have used this energy to make GD2.:roll_eyes:

Speaking of 1.1.9.1., is there any chance that something could be done about the Theodin Marcell audio? I’ve already reported on this in the past but his voice lines are way too quiet and they seem to be mixed into SFX or something cause no matter how I tweak all sorts of volume, he’s always drowned out by skill effect sounds. Pretty please? It would be a real shame to leave the “final boss” of the game like this forever. Korvaak’s fight is so much more epic and intense when you can hear his taunts so much more clearly.

1 Like

It is really ridiculous that instead of playing OP builds people would rather see these OP builds nerfed, arguing it as “we want to play something different and we want it balanced”. That’s like complaining that a cool guy gets a girlfriend and is smug about it, let’s forbid him lifting anything heavier than a book to balance things out!

Glad you @MBlade and @iOnlyPlayPetBuilds agree with me.

1 Like

We had to wait for the The PATCH :wink:

I am actually glad to play an ARPG where devs care about balance.
If I wanna play and ARPG where only a few build types get love, I play diablo 3 :wink:

1 Like

I would have said Crate have made it pretty clear they don’t want to see OP builds hence the constant battle of balancing against power creep.

1 Like

I played pet builds, retal builds, now I play vitality casters (all HC) and comparing to other build types imho all of them deserved slight NERF. Was nerf in 1.1.9.0 was too hard? Maybe. I still don’t get all this crying around the forum. Yesterday my char was alive, today is dead. So what? No need to bitching on the forum so loud about it Imho.
Just my 3 cents. Give this patch a month for testing/adapting and then we could talk about these nerfs.

1 Like

A negative feedback is part of the big picture whether you like it or not. Why should we shut up and keep it to ourselves let alone adapt to the changes we don’t like? People invested time and money to this wonderful game so why not let them get pissed off when a major patch messes up their builds?

One can say reading my grunting: Don’t play it if you don’t like it! - that’s not a bad idea - too bad I put my money in it.

That that Astral Fields Theme reminds me a bit of Diablo II. A similar piece was played there when you enter that illusionized refuge of that magus in Act2.
Nice!