Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.0

He’s doing very well, thank you for asking

And if you must know, I GDStash’d his Soldier down to 40 and Inquisitor up to 50, so that I could take Aura of Conviction, as per your advice. I lost 100+ OA, 1k+ sheet DPS, but I suppose I gained 15% phys resist. And now his ass is also less prone to burning.

Why? You could have just bought back the mastery bar points at the Spirit Guide ingame.

3 Likes

Yeah in AoM you can refund points in mastery bar (except the first point)

I liked your post simply because it’s so ridiculous you must be trolling…at least I hope you are :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey, I just realize that now Doom Bolt have 2.5 meter radius is it new from this patch or it was coming from previous patch?

What was the radius before? Is doom bolt mentioned in the patch notes?

It has been its radius for a long while now.

2 Likes

Oh okay, I don’t play much from previous patch so my mind kinda blurry.

I’m calling PETA.

7 Likes

Really? All my summoner builds I used Eldritch Mirror, and I found Leathery Hide/Sanctified Bone/Titan Plating more useful for melee. I only use the Prismatic Diamond for glass cannon caster builds.

Pet builds are exempt compared to non-Pet builds since they build for a different set of stats. For example, they’re also the only ones to take Seal of Ancestry over Annihilation.

The proc on Prismatic Diamond was just way too good for every build to not pass on (flat damage absorption, total speed, total damage modified) and still is, but you get it less often now.

This is funny, but it appears changes affected Fluffy Squishy more than any other pet build. In the split thread thread about this (Pet Changes Discussion - now with 100% less testing!), the developer responsible for changes asked to provide the data. I believe game developers should collect data before doing changes. Fluffy Squishy cannot get back what was nerfed, because hellhound is 22, briarthorn is 20, and familiars were nerfed on top of that.

There is even a guy, who defends the changes and provided the video how one of their builds cleans Crucible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0169te2F5Hs

The fun part of it is that he has more than 100 tribute points in the beginning, so this could be a grim stashed character. See his offhand, I guess farming that takes ages. What’s the point of such tests, when you generate gear with highest possible values and adjust your tribute points to get all blessings and banners? You cannot farm crucible with such approach in a legit game, you will constantly run out of tributes.

In comparison, people, who are complaining, have farmed all the gear themselves. It took me 700 hours, and I was so desperate that I asked another player to craft Mogdrogen Ardor for me, 2 days before the patch. Some pieces only dropped once during this time, and they don’t have the best values on them, so I have to adjust resistances differently. Fluffy Squishy was able to complete crucible with just 1 blessing and 1 banner, in self found gear with average values, and for an average player like me it was taking more than 10 minutes.

6 Likes

Well you dont need exactly those affixes.

The developer in question was asking for a build - to see how the character was made and what gear it is using. Also, asking for the player for specific scenarios/areas that were causing problems.

The game isn’t run on a central server, so there’s nothing to collect; certainly not that level of data.

There are numerous tools that are readily available people can use to easily submit a build.
If not that, then provide screen shots.

1 Like

Well it’s a good thing they did so, then!

Many single player games can and do collect data. Moreover, you should collect the data, especially when you have so many items and skills. This approach is called “in game analytics”, and there are hundreds of third party software libraries and technologies which support it.

For example, when the game runs, you can record different numbers like effective DPS, highest SR completed, average SR completed, deaths, damage received, etc. and then link this to separate skills, items, constellations, etc. May be a pretty hard task for developers, but still much better than guessing what to do next.

All of which require a centralized server to communicate with.

FWIW, GD does have anonymous usage statistics capabilities, but that ‘usage’ is not “in-game itemization/skill selection usage”. At least as far as I know.

I’m assuming this is moreso stuff like Session Length, Time of Day, and other metadata sorts of things.

The task you go on to describe isn’t impossible but there’s a difference between collecting data and correlating data to a useful conclusion. At the end of the day, it’s probably more efficient to simply playtest the game and observe what the community is doing on the forums/reddit/twitch/discord/etc…which is what Crate does.

1 Like

There seems to be some confusion here…

We did not ask for “data”.

Someone came in asking that something be changed/reverted, which we simply are not going to do unless the person making the request can provide evidence as to why something in the patch was detrimental to a build’s success and the overall health of the game balance.

Considering how often such requests are made based entirely off of “past experience” and “looking at the patch notes”, that is not an unreasonable thing to ask for. We do not balance the game by committee, but we are willing to hear out constructive arguments and are perfectly happy to make changes based on such player feedback.

6 Likes

Which Grim Dawn has. For example, for supporting Internet based multiplayer games. For balancing games as complicated and feature full as Grim Dawn, you need to collect statistics. Asking players will most likely not work, because regular gamers don’t know what to provide. Instead, they will keep telling that their builds feel differently and weakened.

You mean like this?

Which is why Crate seeks out evidence, not opinions.