Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.1

Well the gun was 13-19% cdr, the helmet was 4-6%, now gun has 14-22%, we lost 3% cdr guys.

1 Like

I’m a bit torn on the retal changes, honestly. On one hand, I’ve found it very difficult to get more than 1,250% Retal damage on non-set retal builds when set retal builds can easily get over 2,000% Retal damage. The retal augments are garbage (10% or 25% retal damage and barely other stats when non-retal augments give you 50% easy plus necessary OA & DA), retal components require a lot of sacrifice over non-retal components and retal devotions like Shield Wall and Obelisk don’t give nearly the visual oomph for providing to the overall damage that other main devotion skills like Meteors or Spear provide.

On the other hand, retal has been confined to either auto-attacks like Righteous Fervor that attacks 4 times a second, channeling spells that cast very quickly as well, or damage pools like BWC and Grasping Vines where the retal can stack very easily. That makes it much harder to balance than something like Retal Blitz which I wanted to try ever since the concept of RATA became a thing 2 years ago. And thus things like Retal Blitz continues to be garbage (especially since neither Nightblade nor Occultist have any additional skills which contribute to putting retal damage to work (and the best retal relic is Honor which is confined to Oathkeeper and is miles better than the general retal relics like Citadel or Reckoning) and things like Stoneguard Warlord continue to be extremely strong, which further fuels the RATA hate.

6 Likes

Personally, I think it is fair.

GDStash lets you make whatever you want, sure. But unless you make impossible items like non MI purples with green affixes or edit your char’s stats to give it like 9999 attributes, skill and devo points etc, everything made with GDStash can be made legit ingame with enough farming, trading and luck.

If it is still not fair, then the same logic should also apply to nerfing builds based on the performance of top pilots who can get insane results, impossible for most of the playerbase. Atleast everyone can easily use GDStash if they want to. But much harder to actually get that hand/eye co-ordination and stuff to pull off crazy piloting some do.

4 Likes

In my opinion amount of farming required to legitimately get items that can be crafted in GDStash should be rewarded, so GDStash builds can be measure of build power, but not for nerfs.
Additionaly, I would say that retalation-like perfomance before nerfs (in terms of defences and dps, not gameplay wise), should be available for any build, with insane amounts of farming (or perfect GDStash items). But it looks like my point of view contradicts with developers one.

2 Likes

I like this take @Maya

Cant we all just get along? Where is Madlee when you need him to “take the edge off” lol.

I cant wait to finally allow myself to indulge in GD stash. I have goals set that I have to reach before I can let myself go free. Knowing other people use it regularly doesnt bother me, but I do see a point being raised that its because of some of these GD Stashers that many items get nerfed, which in turn affects us all.

Do we know this is the case? Genuine question. Are we certain these items didnt get nerfed due to players who dont GD stash to make ridiculous builds?

2 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: Uroborruk’s Reaping - Reaping Arc Discussion

Only for Steam update? GoG Galaxy have not update v1.1.9.1

GOG always has delayed updates. This is because GOG delays the updates. It will show up once GOG allows it to show up, as always.

1 Like

This one should be reverted imo
Its a hard hit to 3 pieces fire canister builds and barrelsmiths builds. I wrote already in the 1.1.9.1 discussion thread that full Ulzuin is stronger then 3 ps fire and approximately equal to lightning canister with barrels

3 Likes

Not sure why people are acting like Retal builds are dead. Retal builds can still clear all the content in the game with minimal effort.

If you really want Retal builds to deal high dmg and be really tanky then I would like my TSS Druid to to get a significant dmg buff or more defensive bonuses like mirror uptime.

This won’t happen though because my TSS Druid doesn’t need or deserve those buffs and neither does Retal.

3 Likes

That would be too harsh nerfing; unless they increase the flat damage a lot with %140 WD. Didn’t test anything but %140 make it totally useless, like you see any 2H Melee Cabalist with Beronath component? Because it won’t work :smiley: and this even become worse since you can’t stack WPS on it.

So… my suggestion would be a bit lesser ‘‘arc’’ and %190-205 WD.

And this… Physical builds doesn’t have much petrify resist problem. I’m probably the only one who cares ‘‘Petrify resist’’ but Basilisks, Timewarped heroes(because they usually near healers/arcanes) really make things difficult in SR chunks and even in MC for builds have ‘‘0’’ Petrify resist. Which most builds really have zero. Having an early level component that grants it really isn’t enough, you don’t use it unless you also need freeze resist(which again I’m the only one who cares that).

So the ‘‘Reduced Petrify Duration’’ stat should be on the left side of the constellations. It’s great Berserk got some CC resist. Anyway it’s probably too late to dwell on.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t care about flat damage on a skill that’s focused on weapon damage. It doesn’t dip twice with a shield, either. You should care about global flat damage. That does dip twice.

The glove switch is silly and I’m sad to see the acid conversion go. I’d rather I was listened to when I said the Smite modifier wasn’t useful.
Edit: Remember all those amazing WPS conversion conduits? This is a relic of the past.

The knockdown has merit. Especially when it disrupts hero healers. Don’t want to see this changed when CC has limited use already.

I’ve been asking some Petrify resist on some of the t1-t2 constellations since the only source is %10 on the Ulo. It’s hard to get petrfiy resist for some builds and I think it’s unfair that you get a few options to cap your Freeze/Stun/Slow resist by adjusting devotions but you can’t get any petrify resist from devotions. So I’ve been asking for this to the ‘‘vulture’’, ‘‘raven’’ etc left side constellations, like %15-20. Instead Z added it to the Rhowan’s Scepter :smiley: But it’s okay Rhowan’s Scepter needed extra stats, since people rarely use it.

I knew it was a bug even though the items were in the vendor tables!

I am still missing my acid green AAR with my Acid-conversation. Sadly. :frowning:

1 Like

This is quite close to acid AAR and you can get at like level 15!
20210401174935_1

I am not meaning the ingame conversian, I mean the way it looks. We have so many colored Rays, like red, yellow, blue… I miss a Graphic Update with poison. :smiley: As posted in a thread before. ^.^

1 Like

It’s in-game already, I found it in the Video Options:

1 Like

Mr. Stupid_Dragon once had something far more potent in mind - something that does not need colorblindness-options. :slight_smile:

This is a wonderful reference, Lord Vader. :smiley: But yes, make it happen that the fully converted, 100% ultra-visible acid-ray becomes more than a dream! :smiley: