Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.2

Well, there are also those conduit prefixes that I have not seen anyone use yet, such as this one that turns Trozan’s Sky Shard into acid. Acid rain build, anyone?

Also, any number of builds involving the newly buffed Putrid Necklace. Poison Panetti, poison Callidor, etc.

Although, I made a vitality Panetti build based on one of those Conduit prefixes and it’s pretty terrible, so I wouldn’t expect poison Panetti to be much better :stuck_out_tongue:

There have been 2 such builds on the forum I think. One hybrid with Shadow Strike and another one Templar

DeputyChuck and I theorycrafted Acid Panetti Warlock once

Acid PRM Warlock (no augments and components)

I have 2 Vit PRM theorycrafts

1 is max dps for Crucible and the other one more standard
As you can see I tried to include a lot of (converted to Vit) damage sources, not just PRM, in the first one.

Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

Oh have there? Nice- I stand corrected, I was just going off the Build Compendium :smiley:

Adding Ravenous Earth feels like a great call, probably the big thing missing in my build. I had those points in Soul Harvest for the +vit damage. But RE would probably be worth a lot more as extra DPS.

I was exaggerating a bit with ‘terrible,’ my version can clear SR65-66 fine, though that’s not really the highest of measuring sticks. I may pick it up again to try with RE, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Aether Corruption + Haunt adds some damage too although I’m not sure how comfortable it would play.
Btw fan fact - to convert Proliferation fragments that are reflected off main target you need global conversions.
But Proliferation damage to main target gets converted by skill modifiers / conduit.

2 Likes

I had no idea about the conversion thing. :thinking: I assumed the Conduit would just convert it all, but looks like that is wrong. How did you find that out? Through testing I’m guessing?

Yes I tested it to make sure using Grim Internals, it has some features that display damage dealt.
The theory is described here: Secondary Skill Modifiers (Projectile Fragmentation chapter mainly)

Btw I have some PRM Beginner build planned so I’ll actually play the damn skill not only theorycraft for once.

2 Likes

Wowww, the more you know. Saving this link, cheers - ‘Obscure game mechanic,’ indeed.

Getting back on topic of patch notes tho, sorry Medea :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was thinking of this but with Spellbreaker for Arcanist, mostly Star Pact for CDR. But oh boy, it’s skill point hungry as shit.

Maybe time to add Arcanist support to Korba. :scorv: (even if thematically doesn’t make much sense. Then again, Nightblade support on a set made for a barbarian warrior doesn’t make much sense either.)

1 Like

You gain 0,0s more CD with star pact, cause from 0.5 to 0.4 you would need 20 percent reduction.

While tooltips only display to one decimal place, CD’s are accurate to whatever GD’s refresh rate is - 30 or 60 frames/second (I don’t actually know anymore). Point being, you don’t need the full 20% just to update the tooltip; functionally, any % of CDR would be effectual.

1 Like

In my case the refresh rate is 10
:scorv:

1 Like

But the Acid Melee Necro with Wendigo Barb I mentioned can be a spinner too with the Yugol relic. Isn’t it meme enough?

But thematically, adding Arcanist support make sense for a Druid. Problem is if Arcanist (or other class support is added) then medal or belt that enables DW are mandatory for such build, unless the set itself got the DW enabler skill (or add cold damage for Direwolf medal for even more fitting theme).

I used to be one of gd’s big boys. It’s been a while. I meant a simple series where I go through from start to finish, as a veteran returning to the game after a long absence.

No rush, no efficiency. Exploration, commentary, see what I notice that’s different. Etc. I would want to find a build to try out after all the changes, one that looks interesting to me. Not keen on returning with a meme build though.

1 Like

And now he’s all grown up!

Sounds interesting. I might watch it even if you end up playing a PS or FW :laughing:

• Charges into a boulder.
    “There used to be a passage here.” (with Deckard Cain’s voice)

• “Back in my days we had to cap resistances on Normal.”

• “Kids have it easier nowadays with all those fancy skill modifiers.”

• “Don’t even get me started on Monster Totems and Merits.”

I believe you as one of the builds I really like was named after you [1.1.4.2] The Doom God - The 0.6s CD Vitality Doom Bolter (Cr+, Naked farmer, SR 80)

3 Likes

Just noticed that this was misspelled when I couldn’t find it with Ctrl-F:

Poor ol’ Gale. First his medal gets mangled, then his name.

1 Like

1 Like

AAR: RIP forever

Why the RIP? AAR itemization especially fire get buff in this patch and no nerf to the base skill as well to disintegration.