Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.2

Because all the salt has been consumed during the test patch

3 Likes

steam forum has seen some knee-jerks, some funnier than others :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: - no idea about reddit

1 Like

Which is the whole point :stuck_out_tongue: of a playtest.

Well, that’s just the wild, wild west…

of maybe the…farthest frontier!? :smiley:

1 Like

If someone- for whatever reason- want to play Pierce Grenado (we have a whole set name Rimetongue mod for pierce or cold Grenado, but i’ve never seen one), then the % pierce dam from shattering blast is mandatory, since the flat physical dam of Gre got converted to pierce anyway, but the bonus %physical cannot

@gutten_morgen That’s not the way it works.
For example the %Physical damage bonus to Grenado will boost it even if you convert flat Physical to something else, i.e. Cold.
+100% Physical listed in GrimTools on the skill increasing Grenado’s Cold damage.

In my opinion (educated guess) %Pierce does nothing even if you convert some part of Grenado damage to Pierce.
These parts even if converted are boosted by their respective %damage bonuses.

This is counter-intuitive but perhaps for the better because it makes %damage bonuses useful even if damage is converted to some exotic type. More info and tests here Mechanics Guide

I’m really enjoying drowning in ugdenbloom,as an altholic i always found the lack of these much needed mats annoying

if what you said about +% pierce dam from shattering blast do nothing for pierce Grenado, then why did it have that bonus in the 1st place?? Like it had that +%pierce dam in the beginning of time, and till now i know that its useless - even for a pierce build? Is that applied for other skills too, like Belgothian Strike? If we remove the +120% pierce dam from the Belgo Strike’s mod, then should it still the same because the +120% physical damage also increase the pierce dam due to the conversion? If that’s true, then we should delete a lot of useless bonus from other skills too, not just Shattering blast. Well i know that a lot of game mechanics are complicated to understand, but this is still very strange.

Because it had Pierce damage in 1.1.9.1

Do you mean https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/124 ?
%Pierce damage boosts flat Pierce damage
%Physical damage boost flat Physical damage

Removing any of them would be bad because coresponding Flat damage wouldn’t be boosted.
If you convert Physical to Pierce it’s still only boosted by %Physical and not %Pierce bonus on the skill I believe.

I’ll explain again.

%X Vitality damage on a skill that has Vitality damage means

“this portion of flat damage, Vitality damage in this case, is boosted by %X damage”
even if you convert Vitality to something, it still remembers that it was Vitality before and adds %X damage bonus to it.

For example if you convert Vitality to Chaos, this %Vitality boost is added to all your %Chaos when calculating damage of this flat damage instance

@XandeRoot noticed that another way of looking at it is thinking of %Vitality damage being converted as well to %Chaos damage for this skill

Another way to think of it is that “your %damage bonus is never lost due to conversion, it’s always benefiting you, even if you convert to damage type not native to the skill”

It doesn’t matter that much anyway because i.e. 100% damage when you have 3000% damage is not a significant increase, so it has mostly theoretical value.

3 Likes

As @tqFan already answered you, Grenado had a pierce part before the last patch and it looks like developers just forgot to remove percent bonus when they removed flat pierce from the skill and all related gear. From my side I will just point you to this famous conversion order rule:
“The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives”.

The “skill modifiers” is exactly flat and percent bonuses on skill and its improvement nodes. That is why fire forcewave receives all benefits from Rending Force node, for example.

4 Likes

new guy here, unfortunately I bough just the base game, but I’ll get expansions packs asap ^^

Anyway enjoying the game so much, I also bought Diablo 2 Ressurected and man… even thou D2R has updated and newer graphics, the gameplay comes nowhere close.
GD hacking and slashing of monsters is so freakin enjoyable that I even won’t focus on abilities in my 1st run, I went for Commando with Fire Strike as main basic attack, and all the skills I’ll get are either to increase my damage of it or to get me some defense against stronger enemies.

Any good guide for GD in general or cannon glass dual wield gunman with lifesteal ?

1 Like

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are some very old build guides here for the base game, but you’d probably need to adapt them somewhat because a lot has changed since they were made.

If you want to dual wield guns then you’ll need to look for items like Gunslinger’s Jacket which grants that ability.

1 Like

thank you very much :slight_smile:

Packla’s Visage: reduced % Health Regen to 18%. Added % Bleed damage and replaced bonus to Heart Seeker with +3 to Phantasmal Blades. Added +3s Duration modifier for Siphon Souls and increased Bleed damage modifier for Phantasmal Blades to 140 / 3s.

I have updated my game and neither old nor new Packla’s Visages have new stats.

Dual wield pistolero usually involve either Demolitionist or Inquisitor, but Soldier or Occultist can also work. The one with high lifesteal would be Demolitionist + Necromancer but require high/hard to get item and few leveling option for gear. Damage type is only Vitality.

The most easier to gear would be Demolitionist + Inquisitor, very glass cannon and quite good for farming. Most gear that support this also support Soldier in case you want to play Commando (trade damage for defense). Can be played as Fire/Lightning/Pierce.

Finally Demolitionist+Occultist, have more option for end game gear and not too limited gear option while leveling. Very high damage and still a glass cannon, only limited to Chaos damage type.

2 Likes

you sure you looking at the right Packla item?, according to GT and my game it’s there
otherwise maybe verify game files?

I’m sure, I looted a Packla’s Visage right before posting, and it didn’t have +3 second duration to Siphon Souls on it, or other changes. Salvation relic was changed properly, so patch was applied. Well, I guess I’ll try reinstalling the game, since you have it working correctly.

Perhaps try Verify Game files first, maybe it will be enough.
We already had such a case I think (with some other item).

I have reinstalled Grim Dawn and the bug is gone. It was a GoG 1.1.9.1 version patched to 1.1.9.2 by a patcher executable. There must be something wrong with the last GoG patcher. Installing 1.1.9.2 directly fixed the issue.

1 Like

it’s my understanding that the auto patcher doesn’t patch expansions for GoG version, so needs to be installed manually to ensure expansion portion, and thus the actual game, gets the update actually applied
think Res told me this :thinking: