Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.2

I have reinstalled Grim Dawn and the bug is gone. It was a GoG 1.1.9.1 version patched to 1.1.9.2 by a patcher executable. There must be something wrong with the last GoG patcher. Installing 1.1.9.2 directly fixed the issue.

1 Like

it’s my understanding that the auto patcher doesn’t patch expansions for GoG version, so needs to be installed manually to ensure expansion portion, and thus the actual game, gets the update actually applied
think Res told me this :thinking:

Then he or whoever told you wrong. My game on GOG is up to date. May depend on whether you use GOG Galaxy or not; far as I know Galaxy will auto update. If you don’t use that then yes, you may need to update the game manually.

By “patcher executable” I meant “patch_grim_dawn_1.1.9.1_(46024)to_1.1.9.2(51098).exe”, in case that wasn’t clear. That thing is supposed to patch DLC too, I believe.

Thanks for checking it out and letting me know that the problem was with my game, @Gnomish_Inquisition .

1 Like

@Zantai No movement cancellation when starting Eye of Reckoning? Yes? :grinning: No? :pensive: One day? Pretty please :pleading_face:

Sadly the ship has sailed and sunk :wilted_flower:

I said manual patch only affected base game while auto patch was safe to use.

Unfortunately no, I think these files don’t patch DLCs and your case seems to confirm that.

2 Likes

alright, so half right, but correct that it was the same issue here :sweat_smile:

Good to know!!

… Guess I’m finally installing GoG Galaxy (on my work PC at least)

Was there some stealth buff to legendery drops?or i didnt see it? idk if its just my imagination but i feel like stuff is droping pretty often,in elite mind you,i had often found random elites droping 2 legenderies and a totem 4 lol

1 Like

So, does everyone just not care about power creep? This is actually motivating to shake off the rust and make a small “return to grim dawn” series on youtube.

I imagine every class can breeze through if you have game knowledge now.

Unfortunately not.

As to your series…

Not sure what you mean by this series but RektbyProtoss already has a lot of beginner / leveling videos on YT Link so personally I’d like to see some less popular / meme builds covered that might have a bit more trouble than the best builds and rather on the forum than YT. Anyway, here are some ideas for you:

• Fire or Chaos Flames of Ignaffar could use some guide / playthrough, we got Aether guide but none for the most basic types

• Bleed Caster that’s as Bleed focused as possible, without relying on Pierce / Physical / Vitality that much

• Infiltrator with this newly buffed Spectral Longsword that’s using RoH, this one not meme at all but could use some guide

• Callidor’s Tempest leveling and playthroughs always in demand

• SSF Physical Vindicator leveling for equipping Korvan Wyrm later

• a build relying on ~100% Fire → Cold conversion while leveling

• CDR / spam Pierce / Bleed Ring of Steel using 2 x Servitor’s Slicer and Bloodbriar’s Thorn

• Acid Melee Necro with updated Wendigo Barb

• Balegor’s Crusher Witch Hunter

2 Likes

Pretty much :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point of the game’s development, it’s kinda pointless to ask for removing 50% of damage in the game.
It has some pros to it though, I can level all my builds with damage types and skills that they use in their endgame state. Cold Horn of Gandarr with Ice Spike is my favourite leveling build!
At this point you just need to find one MI with modifiers to your skill and main campaign leveling will be very easy!

4 Likes

Cold Saboteur covers this right? Nery posted one with Namadea’s head and Galeslice’s medal sometime ago:

I’ve toyed around with this on a budget level and I imagine it’ll be solid for crowd clear but my personal thoughts are single target damage just doesn’t look impressive or would take some real effort to bring into the “good” range, and I’d argue getting good single target on budget setups is more important than getting good AoE. If anyone manages it, I’d love to see it done though.

Think we’re far past that point now :smile:

1 Like

Can you post the Aether FoI if its not an issue?

[1.1.9.1] [Tactician] Serving the Light

Forgive my ignorance, but this isnt aether FoI?
But i was thinking of a endgame build and not a begginer build.
Apologies for the confusion.