Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.2

Wohooo awesome :slight_smile:

There’s something wrong with this set (but not the mythical one).
Not only this bonus is not in-game but also GrimTools parsed it in a weird way: Judicator’s Signets

The mythical version is fine both in-game and in Grim Tools.

From my counting the patch brings 675 buffs and 139 nerfs, about 83% of changes are buffs.
There are more nerfs than buffs in the patch only if less than 21% of buffs are meaningful.

2 Likes

What’s so good about Archons? Oathkeeper offers almost nothing for 2-handed builds.

Thank you for the hard work as always, nice to see the game still getting updates :slight_smile:

Wish you guys a nice Halloween, take care!

WPS, movement skill, rr%. The only other choice here is Warder but it doesn’t have second rr source which is vital for lightning melee and it has the worst mov skill with knockdown.

2 Likes

Lots of changes, lots of great ones, but I gotta say some of them look kinda random. Like buffing Pyran, Mageslayer, LD and CHILLWHISPER (lol) but nerfing Darkblaze and Venomblade? I know some of these items like Chillwhisper were changed to make up for something else but still…

Also, I gotta second Banana here, Upheaval on Evoker of Elgoloth was the most broken thing during the playtest, and it was well known. And now sneaking in an untested Ultos change that basically boils down to the same exploit?

Anyway, sorry to bitch, great patch, keep up the good work.

1 Like

I have a Steam Input API request.

I tried out this interesting config
steam://controllerconfig/219990/1563694265
for the steam controller where you can move the character with the stick like on the gamepad, but touching the touchpad lets you use the cursor instead as well as activates the gyro. This was done through a full mouse and keyboard bind.

With the Steam Deck coming out thought it’d be cool to be able to have both options of being able to switch back and forth between using gamepad or touching the touchpad and using it with gyro for cursor controls.

However, currently InGameControls for gyro are Move, MJ: Move, Camera. And for pad and gyro there is currently no option for Cursor. Cursor is only available for MenuControls.

So would be wonderful if cursor could also be an InGameControls option as opposed to only for MenuControls. Thank you

2 Likes

Nice, thank you for your hard work

I feel bad that I couldn’t have tested anything and contributed to the discussion, so I just want to say thank you for such a huge and involved playtest.

Dare I say that Crate could adopt a more “professional” approach to updates where bugfix updates are released separately from feature updates and that feature updates have feature freezes somewhere near the middle of their development cycles. Applying this to patch 1.1.9.2, we could have had:

• Bugfixes for e.g. the Ugdenbloom drop rate bug delivered mid-summer instead of mid-fall.
  • Last minute significant balance changes (which I regard as “features”) deferred until the next feature release, as opposed to being released barely- or untested.

But unfortunately the way I believe Crate operates is that they don’t use multiple branches or a version control system of some kind, so whatever changes they make are merged into their “master” branch immediately and they can only release the current state of their master branch.

It’s probably too late to introduce more “modern” development methods for Grim Dawn but let’s hope Crate uses saner update practices for FF and their other future games.

1 Like

I see some graphical updates too… The Primal Spirit finally doesn’t just flops dead when the spell expires, but disappears in a vortex. Nice!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

i dont want to bring it up over and over, but man, the logic is very simple. You CANNOT trigger multiple WPS if your AA hit only 1 target, its that easy. For whatever reason if Righteous Fervor/ Beronath/ Belgo strike can atk multiple enemies with 1 single hit, then i can proc multiple WD/ execution/ belgo shear/ smite as well. And is that WPS’s fault? NO. So why Upheaval is wrong and needed an internal CD because some items make Savagery hit multiple enemies?? If dev can make it only for passthrough/arc AA get that CD for WPS only, then i’m good. But still, making AA hit multiples enemies is a very bad way to buff them imo

2 Likes

all i want its a just good old fashion one conduits, but not this shitcrap that we have now.
sad(

:crate: you are amazing :heart:!

Totally agree, the single target dmg is still quite the same. It only shines in Crucible with swarm of mobs, then multi enemies hit at once, the AoE of several Upheaval procs affects nearby targets. In MC, there are no more than a 2-3 heroes at a location. In SR, a little more, but quite risky, you cant lure and tank too many.

Thank you for the hard work and for this great update.

I am glad that converted phys was finally addressed and phys damage overall was rebalanced. I didn’t know such big changes were on this last ptr. There is also a lot of other buffs that should make a variety of builds more competitive. Can’t wait to test everything out.

Since the piercing damage was removed from Grenado, is there a reason to keep the increased piercing damage modifier on Shattering Blast?

should like to point out someone forgot to add the Trozan Sky Shard Chaos conversion Conduit to 9.2 image

3 Likes