oh hey they did the thing I wanted. Not saying it was because of me, I’m sure a bunch of other people had the same feedback. But it feels nice to be listened too.
Seems the bandaid has started getting ripped off. Might as well do it quickly and just make Reflect the same as in SR, instead of slowly getting to that point over the next couple years.
Would have been much better than Reflect nerf to be honest. But I guess DPS chasing must continue unhindered.
Don’t worry guys the next wave of powercreep will ensure we die to reflect at the same speed. Have faith, Death by Reflect community!
Finally ![]()
Is what it is but I don’t have to agree with it. But I guess people felt this way about leveling changes so, there’s that.
It was personally hard to understand because it was relatively easy to get the reflect reduc with components and a few nodes on the devo tree plus over cap’t res of your dmg type (except phys of course) and all the health over time stats that are all over the place now.
Likely the easiest thing to do was to nerf the dmg. Quicker and less balancing across all items/skills/etc.
Thank you for fixing this bug in the Vietnamese and Japanese versions.
I requested that for a very good reason.
What kind of horrible person are you, wanting the highest difficulty to have a modicum of challenge?
Water, water, water… Where are the new dungeons/roguelikes? Where’s the Bloodbound dungeon?
Reflected overhead icon is visually cool. I will replace my head to that.
This is a pretty elitist take, fits perfectly with what the others have also already said, or tried to say, regarding the minority/majority posts.
You’re saying the minority uses cheats. But I think others are also saying, (and if not, I am saying it) that it’s also a minority that wants everything hard as nails.
I suspect the vast majority are casual who muck around a bit. But saying they didn’t earn it… It’s an offline game and they paid the same price as you, there is no online skill based leaderboard. Why wouldn’t they get the full (or at least a fuller) experience.
Making the game just a bit more accessible so that most people can experience the full game isn’t bad thing. I think most people lean towards this end of the difficulty spectrum.
Can always make a fake mod so you unlock Ascendent mode from level1 if you really want it difficult.
I think some people might be misinterpreting the reflect changes. The 15% reduction to account for power creep is a reasonable adjustment. Meanwhile, the addition of the icon and the change to Wen’Zoth imply that it will still be dangerous. I don’t read it as a huge nerf.
Anyway, I’m going to continue not hitting them, so I guess I won’t find out.
This can also happen with Corpsebreaker, if he’s defeated close to the reward chest. I had it happen once.
Not sure how it can be fixed. He has a dialog line after the fight, IIRC. Maybe moving the chest next to Chief Snarltooth…
Great small patch, btw.
Something unusual happened with gog offline installers, a patch is missing
So be warned you probably have to reinstall the entire game for this to work properly. (you always need to reinstall DLC anyway)
I’ve grinded the Ascendant mode for the past 3 days and compared it to the Ultimate difficulty. It’s balanced pretty decently at this point. I was worried at first, too. But with the Altar in the game, you can tune the Ultimate difficulty to give you the drops from Ascendant mode. For example: It’s perfectly viable to grind for Soul Echoes on Ultimate if you use the Altar with 2 Ashes of Awakening. The increase in Damage and Health for monsters is still below Ascendant mode. You can do that with the other required resources, too. You don’t have to play Ascendant mode.
Weard, cause my own experience is quite the opposite. I run with 45% resist only and thre is no damage coming from Reflective at all. All the debuffs and procs are coming, so it should work, but my overall HP reg seems to high. And my own damage is not so low that i have problems in Ascendant mode so far. Really weard, cause a few years ago Reflective was a very fearful tool for me in HC.
Overall i have the feeling that since the Patch about lowering the Hitbox of Werraven/Werwolf my Wereraven got way to little damage in most cases. Now and then i got a bigger Hit by a nemesis but overall the damage-income feels to low atm, for example in the Loghoran fight i got nearly no damage the whole fight…again feels weard…
It’s been scientifically proven that everytime someone uses the words elitist or souls game in an argument about GD difficulty, a few more molecules are removed from the ozone layer. Protect the environment.
It was mostly an issue for glass cannon builds and infinity DPS chasers one tapping themselves. Not for balanced builds which don’t run minimal amount of defense.
Balance-wise, I also think the game is in a pretty good spot after the recent patches and I really do hope the people who left negative reviews for the expansion on steam based on balance will be back to updated them to reflect the current state of the game.
The expansion deserves a way better review score than it has now.
Agreed. But a lot of the negative reviews are based on the design changes GD went through and Crate doubling down on them with FoA, not really about actual difficulty. You can’t win back the people that fundamentally disagree with the idea that you have to dodge certain attacks to survive. They want facetank central/everything-is-just-a-stat-check back and that’s not gonna happen.
