Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.8

Has anyone seen the new legendary items that came with this patch?

Sure, this was the penalty to most pets (innate attribute, so not shown in UI):

"offensiveTotalDamageModifier" : [ -15.0, -15.0, -15.0, -12.0, -12.0, -10.0, -10.0, -10.0, -7.0, -7.0, -7.0, -5.0, 0, 0, ... ]

Basically -15% to All Damage at rank 1, down to -5% at rank 12 and then removed at ranks 13+, now this penalty is gone. It probably was an incentive to level up pet skill, instead of investing only couple points in it. If I’m not mistaken this penalty was introduced when devs made some adjustments to Crucible.

Lots of love for electrocution by the looks of it, good news for my Electrocutioner Elementalist…! Will try a guide when I make 85/Ultimate Log.

Thanks - great info! Odd for them to hide this penalty without having it show up on our tooltips, only to stealth-remove the nerf later.

@Dammitt — thanks for taking you time to compile this list of omitted changes. Great work!

My demonbone legplates armor% bonus dropped from 9% to 7% with the last patch. Was that intended? In the change list i found no trace of this.

Cannot run the game after the update. Verify comes with no problem.

Revenant is the worst because it has a long cool down.

This actually explains a lot. For a long time while leveling it seemed to me that the pets damage was increasing disproportionately compared to the changes I made to gear and the listed value in the tool tip.

To clarify, this was a side-effect to some tuning changes to monsters several patches ago. It affected pets at PLAYER level 1-12, not the rank of the skill. So it had little to no impact on the performance of those pets before.

Pets now have their own passives independent of monsters, so they are not affected by tuning changes like that.

Fair point, I forgot that innate attributes scale with player level, not the skill rank.

I don’t think it’s odd, there’s a lot of stuff that can be shown on tooltips, but it’s not shown because it’s not that important, item/skill tooltips already take a great amount of screen space and have to be scrolled sometimes, listing all pet stats will just bring in additional information clutter.
Plus as Zantai corrected me, this change was barely noticeable.

Thank therfor, but were are the " Community Localizations (v1.0.0.8) "!? :eek: :wink:

I hate when they do this to games. Reading through the forum when I bought this game I knew it was just nerf every build that someone finds that works. made 2 characters both got nerfed in latest patch. I’m done with the game now I know why it was only $12. I guess I got my money out of it, time to move on.

Can’t always roflstomp everything, y’know. Besides, this patch isn’t about nerfs only. Time to ditch that tunnel vision of yours.

Surprised + %vitality decay damage wasn’t added to Possession and Aspect of the Guardian :stuck_out_tongue:

Patch feels great so far! All those small additions of DA to various Devotions ended up being quite significant on my Warlock. Sadly he no longer sports an Aether/Chaos build, so I can’t test all the cool buffs added for that “spec” yet.

this patch isn’t about nerfs only. Time to ditch that tunnel vision of yours.

Ok, let’s see how many build player will post for 1.0.0.8 this next day…:wink:

Sure. :slight_smile:
It just baffles me how people treat patches to this game like something that’s bound to destroy it beyond recovery. It’s like their life depends on apparent roflstomp builds and they speedrun competitively instead of just enjoying the game.

Because instead of adapting and change, they just decide to complain and do nothing. Some of my builds were nerfed this patch but i don’t complain because i can see why they were nerfed.

And not a single of those builds were broken by this patch by the way.

If this was true then i don’t think people would have been complaining.

You don’t see people crying over Meteor Mines, not many complained about Poison, very few complained about Swoop and even fewer about BWC

The build posters here worked hard on their builds spend hours farming to get the right items and didn’t use any mechanic exploits for performance but rather through endless hours spent testing stuff they made these builds.

None of these things were broken and yet got nerfed which is why they’re mad

Don’t get me wrong, i am not sided with the nerfs nor am i against them but rather than acting like a smartass by calling the person complaining has tunnel vision you might want to stop and try to think why they are complaining and what they are complaining about.
And also before going around saying builds were too OP and that they were roflstomping stuff you might want to take a good look and see if its true or not.
And do remember that the people who were constantly complaining about this patch, many of them defended the previous patch notes nerfs. So clearly something must’ve been wrong in the previews that irked them so much. Whether it was wrong or not is something that has been left to after they test out the patch

If this was true then i don’t think people would have been complaining.

You don’t see people crying over Meteor Mines, not many complained about Poison, very few complained about Swoop and even fewer about BWC

The build posters here worked hard on their builds spend hours farming to get the right items and didn’t use any mechanic exploits for performance but rather through endless hours spent testing stuff they made these builds.

None of these things were broken and yet got nerfed which is why they’re mad

Don’t get me wrong, i am not sided with the nerfs nor am i against them but rather than acting like a smartass by calling the person complaining has tunnel vision you might want to stop and try to think why they are complaining and what they are complaining about.
And also before going around saying builds were too OP and that they were roflstomping stuff you might want to take a good look and see if its true or not.
And do remember that the people who were constantly complaining about this patch, many of them defended the previous patch notes nerfs. So clearly something must’ve been wrong in the previews that irked them so much. Whether it was wrong or not is something that has been left to after they test out the patch

Thanx you Chton. My english is poor and it’s dificult to me to explain that kind of thing. But i took some time to explain why i was complaining about this time (page 6) but i think they didn’t even took the time to read it before saying again and again same thing like “tunel vision” (wondering who have tunel vision some time…) And i always played (+1000hours) every patch, always changed my build when needed it’s the first time i won’t, then stop blaming and try to understand a little. I don’t think i’m alone doing this.

Who knew that when you slap several small nerfs to damage on top of each other, some of them multiplicative or scaling … that you get quite the unpleasant nerf out of it? … huh