Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.8

Nooo, that kills one of the only two remaining viable builds - won’t tell you which ones they are so you cannot destroy the other in a second hotfix :smiley:

More in number, but not in degree, heheh)

+1 , more in numbers, but not in each buff-nerf magnitude comparison :smiley:

Slightly reduced Physical damage dealt by monsters on Ultimate difficulty

I honestly don’t notice this. My Sorcerer takes as much damage from phyiscal attacks as he did in the 1.0.0.7 version. His armor rating is the same, same physical resistance and he even got a boost of nearly 100 DA.

I wasn’t expecting for enemies to only deal half of the physical damage they dealt before, but that slightly feels more like nothing.

Yes, there are buffs…There are always more buffs than nerfs…

Worldeater is not changing.

Then…player are maybe a little stupid cause since 1.0.0.8 i don’t see a lot of new build here : http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17 and when i see some there were still decent at 1.0.0.7…

When you played 100, 200 or more hours to get some item and take this kind of nerf it’s ridiculous. If really needed a nerf you should do it before.
I think i’m not alone to think that game is now boring and wait expansion to play again (i hope it will not be same time as 3.0 of POE…don’t want to make a choice)

Good call, I’ll let 6 months ago us know to nerf that item.

If you have feedback regarding the impact of particular changes, post them. Otherwise…nothing we can do with conjecture.

It’s time to let it go, man… your butthurt because of these small nerfs is reaching critical status.

Ok :rolleyes:

P.S. Nice signature, did you ever made any build to actually know?

Actually you should have tested them bit more some 6 months or year ago.

Silly developers, not simulating months worth of testing, content additions, and feedback. Did you misplace your omniscience drive or something? How absolutely shameful.

I love the game getting updated and things added but will the changes to items and classes end at some point ?

I’m just not a fan of making builds and farming a long time for items that change and having to do it all again, especially since we can’t fully respec.

^

When Crate stops supporting the game. Which probably means years depending on how well the expansion sells.

I like the idea of balancing the game and thank to crate for their efforts.
But i’am not fan of removing abilities from items or give a crazy cooldown making them pretty useless for their purpose.
For example avatar of mercy and tinker of ingenuity were really usefuls to help squishy builds which remain not as fast to kill than before.
Now it’s a real pain to go melee without shield in end game, and with a shield it takes ages to kill something (srsly flesh hulks in valbury :smiley: )
I’m probably wrong but actually i’m not sure it help build diversity.
Anyway it still an awesome game :smiley:

My 2cts.

Well, you see… Grim Dawn is really not meant for you to keep playing with your maxed characters, since this game isn’t a MMO… it’s meant for you to restart from scratch, with a new character, once you’ve beaten all the challenges with your character. I understand that these changes can affect some characters that have yet to reach the max level, but honestly, barring some very isolated cases, they hardly nerf something so drastically, to the point of making it “useless” or " nerfed to the ground", like some people likes over-exaggerate…

Of course, you can keep playing on those characters to farm around and for crafting, but I honesty don’t see what is the fun in keeping playing with a maxed character that has beaten the game on Ultimate and beat all optional challenges… to each his own, I guess…

Enjoyment from that aspect of the game comes from the discovery. There are only so many times you can play through the game before you have seen all there is to offer. When you are pushing the boundaries of the game and figuring out the best ways to utilize its systems, there is a near-infinite amount of discovery. Obviously that is something more niche, but there is definitely validity to the enjoyment of continuing to play with a maxed character after content has been dried up.

+1

If there wasn’t for min/maxing thing and pushing the boundaries I would stop playing this game long ago.

Well that’s a matter of opinion. I love sticking with a few characters and making them the best I can. I enjoy playing them on new content and always making them better.

And no matter how many characters I create, having either their gear, devotions or skills nerfed isn’t fun for me. Like my main char, I spent around 700 hours on him alone, farming for gear and planning skills, I had to restart him from scratch about 3 times to perfect him and he just got nerfed badly to the point his damage is quite weak and survivability got nerfed hard too.

If I spent all that time on a character then they should be strong, that’s the idea isn’t it ? I mean I love the game but I just hope one day I can make characters and not worry that they will be changed is all :slight_smile:

Yeah, like I said, it’s a subjective matter… I lost the count on how many times I restarted from scratch after beating Ultimate with my characters… this one of the aspects of GD that kept me rooked to it for literally thousands of hours, and I can’t wait for Crate to release the expansion, so that I can break the 10k playtime mark on Steam :smiley:

Yeah, I understand that having your character nerfed sucks, but most of those nerfs are necessary to make the game better for everybody and to increase build diversity. What is the point in having hundreds of gear pieces, skills, or Devotions, if only a few were considered viable by everybody?

That’s why these balance patches are necessary to make the game a better experience for everybody, or at least for most of the players, and they will keep doing these adjustments until they’re confident that the game is as balanced as possible.

Yeah, I understand that having your character nerfed sucks, but most of those nerfs are necessary to make the game better for everybody and to increase build diversity. What is the point in having hundreds of gear pieces, skills, or Devotions, if only a few were considered viable by everybody?

That’s why these balance patches are necessary to make the game a better experience for everybody, or at least for most of the players, and they will keep doing these adjustments until they’re confident that the game is as balanced as possible.

When nerf are necessary you don’t wait that much to do it. Now many player have spent 100 or 1000 hours on their best character and nerf is for most of us disgusting. And Grim dawn is first a single player game, then when the game has 1 year and expansion is coming just lets player keep fun when they spent 100+ hours to find their item.
If only that patch could bring really more built…Just look forum built, 1 maybe 2 built, that are not rally new since 1.0.0.8…That is the first patch since i play grim dawn (i was on early acces, +1000hours) i’m not playing, 1st time i don’t play with a patch!!! I just tried 1 hour diferent nerf on my 12 character 85, half were nerf and some very hardly!!! I always loved patch, that is not the first nerf, but this time i feel it very diferent. No real content, except 2 item (but as i don’t like the rest of patch how could i like to do BOC, SOT many time?!)
Really crate i don’t understand this last patch, except maybe some really hardcore player and player who had all item cheating since the first week you should do a survey, i think you could be surprise.
The only thing i love with this game today is the news for expansion, waiting for monday’s news!