Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.9

Speaking of “reading comprehension issues”, here’s what I said:

“OFF is ridiculously OP against trash: unmatched RR shred, huge AOE, and complete incapacitation. Having it take effect against bosses even at a reduced level would require significantly lowering its overall effectiveness, or else it would trivialize other skills in comparison.”

Because paragraphs are hard, I’ll try bullet points instead:

[LIST=0]
[li]OFF is OP against trash.[/li]
[li]OFF is useless against bosses.[/li]
[li]Together, this makes OFF balanced.[/li]
[li]Make OFF useful against bosses, and it becomes OP overall unless you nerf it against trash.[/li]
[li]This is unnecessary, because OFF is already doing its job as designed (crowd control).[/li][/LIST]

Having crowd control abilities work only on crowds (i.e. trash) is consistent game design, not a “silly gimmick”. On the other hand, having CC (such as freeze and slow) applied to bosses has led to many, many gimmick builds in various ARPGs.

If that’s your opinion, then don’t use CC abilities like freeze. OFF is a popular skill that many people do use and find useful. Sounds like there’s a variety of opinions.

eh you win the internetz obviously I’m the minority to think that items should compete for slots. Why freeze anything, just stack more dps to kill things so fast you don’t even need crowd control (which you don’t need in the current state of the game). I have conformed to the cookie cutter SS builds, no need to try anything different just optimise for most efficient, got it.

I’m sorry for my passion, cold builds have been nerfed in very ARPG I’ve ever played and I’ve always been a fan of cold. Why bother playing cold because you could just spec into something that does more damage because no one can figure out how to balance a cold effect (at least GD makes cold damage competitive). I was excited to try something different that didn’t require top end sets. Yes it was broken, now the items are literally broken. I just want something in the middle not OP and not salvage material.

Anyways sorry for wasting everyone’s time.

I have another machine that has GOG installed, and it updated seamlessly to 1.0.0.9, so it only seemed to be the direct download of the files that had the issue.

+1 to this, though i can’t remember permafreezing Diablo, Shaddar, Ordrak or Typhon :undecided: (and yes i fail to acknowledge any other ARPGs ;)).

-Items should compete for slots

-Freezing is good but it was outright broken. And not being able to freeze bosses is fine. I still think we should be able to freeze hulks though cause they’re common enemies. But i am a little biased cause i love facing a pack of hulks

-You need crowd control for crowds, and from what i see. It still exists. And if you don’t need cc in the current game then you must be playing a really good build that no one here can think of

-Non-SS builds are possible. Just because you can’t freeze enemies doesn’t mean you can’t make other Cold builds

-I am a fan of cold as well but as someone who personally played a freezing build I know how much it trivializes the content so the nerf is needed

Ordrak’s name there makes me happy

Frankly that game is underrated imo

I agree with everything you said

But after Warpfire and Night’s Chill changes (which i fully support) i think they should rework that skill. OFF’s debuff in particular doesn’t seem appealing anymore

I can remember killing every boss in D2 with crushing blow in seconds :cool:

Nice work guys, keep it up! The game is amazing

Went back to 1.0.0.8 (no HF) and then updated through Galaxy to 1.0.0.9 (downloaded 1.x GB…) and now I have a working 1.0.0.9 version.

When downloading the full install from GOG however, I get the error message

i just downloaded the full install from GOG and it works fine, don’t know what’s different from others :undecided: but the changes are nice, gonna farm Alkamos now :slight_smile:

Me too, but thats not cc and if i remember correctly (i might be wrong) they toned down cb to an almost acceptable level of power for the last official patch(es) (1.13 or so i guess).
And stacking it to OP levels took a lot more than equipping a single unique item like Nights Embrace in GD.

p.s. i didn’t mean to differ but to complement

p.s.2 and you can kill every boss in GD with Cadence in seconds :cool:

I also uninstalled, and then installed through GoG Galaxy, and all is now installed and working properly.

It would seem there is a difference between the direct download and the Galaxy update, and the direct download is the problematic one.

The game updated itself via Gog Galaxy, and works fine. No complications occurred.

Should be careful with that though, at least making sure to save your saves.

I’ve had to use galaxy twice. Once for Grim Dawn (because the normal downloads constantly bug out) & once for Shadow Warrior2.

Both times, I’ve later tried to patch via normal DLs & got warnings that it wouldn’t work because previous files were galaxy versions.

Definitely seems to be something screwing up at gog end.

Had this before, where I had to resort to using galaxy in the past.

With this DL (browser DLs) I am getting blank screen most of the time at start & having to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out, but once in a while it lets me in & I can play fine.

Repair likewise, except in a small window on main screen.

I did have to resort to a full uninstall/install.

I would like to take a moment to complain about the loss of perma-freeze on bosses and nemeses.

But in light of everything else in the patch notes, I just can’t.

It’s like Zantai traded up Crate’s van for a moped.

Best patch since 1.0.0.6.

It’s enough to pull me back in.

It seems that upping the level of Nex changed the attribute requirements by 27. I no longer had the required cunning, and sitting at level 85 with all points spent (88 phy, 2 cun) cause an issue. I used a character editor to reallocate a few points from physique to cunning.

All in all I like the patch, good to see internal trauma getting some love. My pure trauma soldier sends his regards. Now if we could get some decent trauma augments… :wink:

Legendary - Blade Breaker Sash: added flat Pierce damage bonus

Finally!!!

Edit:

Looks pretty good, finally some buffs for non-casters. I guess running a Blademaster 0-85 made you guys realize just how bad he’s become. Love what you’ve done with fallen soldier summons.

Did 1.0.0.9 bring perfomance changes? Because I feel like my laptop makes a lot less heat than before and kept good framerate.

I have a character with lots of reflection gear just waiting to get started. Now all that gear is useless. A reflection character with lots of chaos resist?

There was mention of improvement when it came to performance among some of the playtester group so it would be safe to assume that is the case.