Grim Dawn Version v1.0.0.9

Installed from the Gog.com download, and when I tried to run it after installing I got this error:
The procedure entry point ?GetGamePath@Engine@GAME@@SAPBDXZ could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library C:GOGGames\GrimDawn\GrimDawn.exe

Hi fletchonides,

I just verified that the files that get installed via the GOG installer/updater are the same files that we sent to them. I am able to run with no problems.

The problem you are describing is typically a mismatch between the game and .DLL files, so this is strange. One thought is that maybe you are running an anti-virus program that maybe quarantined something from the new install? I would check that first (if you are running AV, that is). Barring that, I would try a re-install … make sure you back up your characters first!!

Are you sure you installed the right version? Because patch 1.0.0.9 (GOG-23) is not available yet, at least on my account…

/10_chars.

The change to this belt is great in my opinion. I had no belt to use on my pistol Cadence build and decided to put the Thorn Girdle of the Misty Glade on for the +skills and bleeding damage.

By the way, do you guys know about Jeb’s Law?

I get that every time I boot up GD (steam version). It’s been happening since I upgraded to Windows 10. Just clicking through it results in the game playing fine though.

You were the one that was saying OFF was OP, I just gave a suggestion to make it not so much.

I’m not asking for boss control I’m asking for a debuff (10% slow or 5% fumble) because having gear/abilities focused on only work on trash is a silly gimmick. Trash control is not needed unless your in crucible and even its pretty minor because trash poses little or no threat and if it does its high resistant to crowd control.

Lots of people seem to have reading comprehension issues. I’m not asking for perma freeze I’m asking for making more items and abilities to have relevance in the game, because variety is not a bad thing.

ham sammich…

Getting the same error after installing GOG 1.0.0.9

Steam version works fine, my AV does not complain about either

Because trivializing 80% of the game with just one skill that needs no gear support has absolutely no relevance at all…

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks Crate!

How do you guys get GOG 1.0.0.9 at all?

On the gog.com Grim Dawn downloads

I uninstalled and re-installed, and getting the same error.

That’s like exactly what the screenshot shows, but thanks.

Oh ok you reinstalled the game completely… I thought you guys were talking about a patch, not about the full 3 GB file.

By downloading the first two items in your screenshot :wink:

so far only the full download is out, no patch

I got the GOG Patch just fine in the US. I doubt it makes a difference, but I just the English, and I ran it through GOG Galaxy.

What are you referring to? Trash? Your point is moot, trash is already irrelevant with any half baked build. I’m talking about anything that freezes and there a multiple items and abilities that do this. With these changes I don’t see a reason to ever use abilities (don’t use OFF because CoS is vastly superior there is literally no reason to pick OFF if you are a spellbreaker) or equip these items (I dumped all freeze items and went with a set since all about offense now) because they are sub-optimal compared to all other cookie cutter builds and items.

Um… It’s the top two files. (see how it says 1.0.0.9 to the right)

We talked to GOG and that appears to be the intended way to install this patch.

With the number of patches the game had, they decided to consolidate it all. I believe the incremental patches will continue with future updates though.