Grim Dawn Version v1.2.0.0 + v1.2.0.1 + v1.2.0.2 + v1.2.0.3 Hotfixes

Is the Warden Fortress shield missing the -0.5 modifier to Blitz ?
I have only the flat damage bonus.

looks like several items might not display flat CDR mods, (despite being on the item/affecting the skill) been couple other mentions too :thinking:

Too bad…Gotta check the tooltips on the skills to make sure.

We are aware that the hotfix introduced an issue with negative skill cooldown modifiers. We are working on a fix for the fix.

3 Likes

So, today I have updated the game 1.1.9.8 > 1.2.0.0 > 1.2.0.0 hotfix 1 > 1.2.0.1 hotfix. According to the patcher, the updates have been successful.

After launching the game, the screen goes dark and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

v1.2.0.2 rolling out shortly. Xbox will jump straight to v1.2.0.2.

V1.2.0.2 Hotfix 2

[Tech]

• Fixed an issue with missing Cooldown Reduction modifiers in masteries and on items.

[Game]

• Fixed an issue where Ansteria could not drop her Legendary unique item on Ultimate difficulty.
  • Fixed an issue with Warden Krieg’s rune traps not spawning.
9 Likes

And the cooldown info on artifact handling is indeed back :slight_smile:

Couple things.

1. You have low armor and phys resist for your level and went against one of the hardest hitting physical damage enemies in the game. I’m surprised you didn’t have to kite Steward before the patch.
  2. 1344 is a low average armor for level 95, which leaves me to believe you have one or more pieces of gear that are under level 82 with very low armor. It’s a % chance to hit a slot, if he hit your very low armor slot you are going to get chunked down. Gear is pretty widely available and easy to get now, either rep vendors or crafting if you can’t do totems, so there’s not much excuse except your game knowledge could be brought up.
  3. Bosses now always carry their MI and affixes are much more likely to favor the damage type of the MI. Steward also uses its MI as its weapon. So if the Steward MI rolls two physical damage affixes, ie Relentless of Ruin, his phys damage gets dramatically buffed and he’s going to hit much harder.
  4. Attack damage converted to health got nerfed ~30% so your sustain is also likely lower.
  5. You didn’t list your health. Health is a defensive stat and if you have less than I’d say 12k bare minimum at 95 then you’re begging to get gibbed.

So, TLDR: your game knowledge has some gaps. The game is a bit harder in some ways with the patch, but it’s mostly just you.

2 Likes

To add to this, yes, it appears that he just ran into a steward with a big hitting weapon and he hadn’t heard about the new sunder mechanic. I remember that Lokarr used to be like this, sometimes he’d be ez mode, sometimes you’d just instantly leave b/c he was chunking you for so much damage due to him having a strong weapon.

@sliver of health: don’t get discouraged, there have been lots of changes. 1000 hours is still just starting out. I’d recommend completely rerolling and re-learning everything all over again. Assume nothing. I have 4500 hours in this game, and Bolvar almost one shot me at lvl 35 in NORMAL hardcore the other day. There are a lot of changes.

You can farm up a bunch of green rings in Ugdenbog. Also, several boses drop green rings (with 100% drop rate now!). A coulple that come to mind are cronley and gollus, though I know there are others.

Folks this is not a build discussion thread. Make a new thread in either Gameplay Discussion or Classes, Skills.

Hi byanw1995, thanks for the answer

I think removing the magic mastery prefixes was an error. Not so much for end game gear, there are plenty of alternatives for that, but for getting new characters, with a very skill level dependent build, up to a good start. Usually I was inspecting the vendors for items with +skills, at least till level 30. This is gone, it seems.

Also, could it be that the rare (mastery combination) prefix is more limited now? I only every see one combination of two skills per (mastery combination) prefix now. Example: Battlemage’s only ever having +2 Squad Tactics, +2 Mirror of Ereoctes. EDIT: The Grimtools Item DB confirms that suspicion.

EDIT 2: “All Rare Mastery and Mastery Combination Prefixes have been redesigned with fixed skill bonuses rather than winning the skill bonus lottery.” - Ah, got it.

Still I would argue that you now have to win the build lottery, profiting from the specific combination. Also, what happens to existing characters and their gear, with now no longer existing combinations? Either they are gimped now, or old pre-1.0.2 gear will become very valuable now…

3 Likes

With the update, because bosses always wear their MI some of them will be consistently dealing much more damage than previously. It will feel a bit random, but it depends on if the boss can actually use the gear itself and bosses that can use their MI weapons will be the most deadly of all. The Steward is one of them, if it rolls a simple “of ruin” affix, then he’ll have +300% phys/IT damage.

As others have said, your character is very vulnerable to physical damage. Either kite/evade more or adjust your character.

1 Like

Looks like a GREAT patch. Will have to wait for the expansion though for the full experience!

Oh… So Krieg was actually bugged? I went for the “Kill Warden Krieg on Veteran Mode before reaching level 11” achievement on day 2 of the patch and he was doing something that caused a glow on the ground but nothing was actually happening. The traps not spawning made his first phase (which is the hardest part) much more bearable but it was still very difficult. I guess it gets worse from now on for people trying this achievement.

what??

achievement was never, and still isn’t, that hard to get ever since aom release/power creep

1 Like

The first phase has an unavoidable homing projectile similar to those of aether crystals and now he also places traps all over the room. At level 10, health is really low, equipment is scarce and damage is terrible and this is Veteran mode. He can two shot pretty much any character. The second phase is extremely predictable and very well telegraphed attacks. It is possible to get through it without getting hit once. It is still really slow and you need to pay attention and not let the tedium overwhelm your mind. Maybe it is easier depending on choice of skill. I’ll never know as I don’t need to do it again. I just went with a simple maxed Devouring Swarm.

this is not new, was always there, just was totally ignore by people :smile: - probably why it got sunder attached, tho i feel it’s wasted since so/too easy to avoid (imo)

second phase imo was always harder; unless you cheesed him on a ranged caster build
the phase 1 aether beam is/was usually never an issue due to the rarity of its application, so the zap being undodgeable wasn’t really a big deal (doesn’t get triggered at close range i think - just like traps)

Second phase is only hard if people just try to sit there and tank his stomp and other attacks. Even on a melee build, you can step in, hit him a few times, get out of his range, hit him again, dodge next attack and so on. That’s why it is such a good first act boss imo. He gives people plenty of time to just evade anything he does. And for this achievement, as I said, health is low and equipment is really luck based. After the flooded pass, most stuff that drops already goes beyond the level 10 threshold. I was almost naked when I got there. The dash made a big difference when fleeing from enemies and trying to reach the Laboratory Riftgate. So, the damage from the first phase isn’t negligible. Again, maybe my choice of skill was what was wrong. Devouring Swarm just falls off extremely fast. I chose it mostly because of range, life steal and easy low level access. Probably should have used Stormbox, instead.