Grim Dawn's Loot Filter

All in all, i’m not against it but I would probably not use it much unless it’s simple to use by everyone

Another type of filter or perk would be to know in game what the affixe really give to the item.

Another Idea would be to add options to check/uncheck in the current state of the filter and add a box beside them to check if you want it to have a color and chose the color.

An examle for a item with fire damage (you somehow decide to chose yellow for fire damage) :

From the Filter you would click the arrow beside the selected fire damage and chose yellow :

Obvioully, Crate would do it better ;D
I added one option but by clicking the arrow that you click to select the color, you would also be able to chose another color for text if crate/gamer want that too (so 2 selections to make after clicking the arrow, one for around the text and one for the text itself.). Not sure if it should affect epic and legendary items.

The problem I can see is if a fire prefix and a cold suffixe roll on a item, I guess the items could have no color at all OR have haft yellow (here for fire, like in the exemple) and lets say bleu for the other haft for the cold suffixe (if that’s the color we would have chosen in the filter for cold damage)
What I mean is that :

Also, as I said, more options could be added in the filter.
The filter config could be global for all you build, Last Epoc made it so you chose which filter you want to use for you character (any filter is global). That said I don’t think you need a as complexe filter as Last Epoc.

I’m not sure if that would be too much with colors popping off all over the screen for all MIs.
I personnally don’t use the Rainbow filter but I see why some people use it.

:grinning:

isn’t that just rainbow filter?
*yes i know it can’t display on the ground, but still
(also imagine the color conflict on the ground of multi dmg items)

I mean, usually the items text is spread.
Last Epoc and Poe does it so it is doable.

But as I said, that could be too much colors, I just brough an Idea but I dunno if that’s something that people wants. And it can evolve from there, It could be the transparent colors behind the text that you can change for example.

Just to be clear, I don’t mind if the current filter evolve or not from what it is now.
Also, if people are fine with the rainbow filter than something similar could be added to the game.
I’m just proposing something a bit different with the current state of the filter.

what i mean is that sometimes affixes have more than 1 stat :sweat_smile:
how would distinguish 2-3 dmg types on a single prefix or suffix, then in combination with the item’s native dmg too.
Let alone the idono, mosaic? or kaleidoscope?, effect a singular item might give if it has 4-5-7 dmg types in total on it laying on the ground.
your example with Infernal of Frostbite was pretty clean, but my point was more that not all cases are that simple of just 1 dmg type front/back for singular colour shifts

I guess it would be based on affixes in the case of damage type.
In the case of weapon it would be based on weapon type ;D

Etc … !

There is no perfect solution haha

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.