Grim Doom mod

This is just a little showcase of a few Grim Dawn monsters that I converted to Doom 2. I created the sprites from the original 3D models. So far I did the Obsidian Ravager which is pretty much done, and the Gazer which still needs a proper death animation and some minor fixes.

Right now I’m not planning on doing any more monsters but I’m looking into ranged weapons. Rutnick’s Blaster comes to mind, since I want to convert a gun that has a unique attack effect.
Once everything is done, I’m gonna release the files on Realm667.com, where I already uploaded other monsters, items and props for Doom and Heretic.
5 Likes

the Gazer is done, including a proper (meaning gory) death animation:

Gazers vs Obsidian Ravagers battle:

1 Like

Impressive, well done.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately work on the mod has stalled, instead I resumed work on another one (not Doom or GD related at all). But the idea to make a GD style weapon has not been abandoned yet. I think the easiest and fastest way would be taking a crossbow from Heretic or Hexen and turning it into Runebinder’s Spellthrower or another GD crossbow. But I’d rather do dual-wield pistols or a rifle. Either way it’s gonna be a lot of pixelart work, which for me is pretty time consuming so it has to wait until my current project is done.

edit: thinking about it, I could also try to screenshot the weapon in GD via Grimcam 1st person perspective :thinking:

I’d watch it, the DOOM theme gives me a kind of nostalgic pleasure. But the pixel work is really time-consuming. Get on with your current project and I’ll look forward to seeing the results :wink:

1 Like

Alright here’s an update on the Obsidian Ravager. I almost forgot about the whole thing, yesterday I was reminded that I wanted to upload it when it’s done… which never happened but I got an excuse: It wasn’t done yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

The original Obsidian Ravager has an attack that traps the player in a prison of obsidian shards. I realized my mod isn’t complete without it so I had to create a smiliar attack. Here’s a preview, might need some more fine tuning but I’m happy with the result.

As for the Gazer, I’m not happy with the attack projectile so I’ll make a new one… soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Obsidian Ravager is finally done!

Here is the download link if anyone is interested in adding this monster to their Doom mod or map. Requires ZDoom. GZDoom is recommended.

https://www.realm667.com/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/other-style/2494-obsidian-ravager