Grim Followers

Hello there folks,

Iam currently working on a follower mod for grim dawn. The first iteration of the mod is almost complete and at this stage I want to share my progress. There is currently only one follower available but at least two more a re planned.

If you want to check it out please have a look: Grim Followers at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community

I would be very happy about any feedback regarding the scaling of the follower. For example if he is too weak or way to overpowered. Also any ideas for new followers and there types/builds etc. would be cool.

Mod Merges: please be aware that this is work in progress so expect changes. If you want to merge it nevertheless in its current state, the only conflicting files are “records/creatures/npcs/merchants/factiontables/devilscrossing_friendly” and under “resources/scripts/main.lua”

3 Likes

is it possible to make custom character models and gears for hireable follower npcs? and make special conversations with them? i’m a total dummy about grim dawn modding, but i too wish i can make follower mods for gd main game (at least for myself). even if they are totally unbalanced or totally invulnerable but deals 1 damage because they’re just there to accompany my lonely chars…

Hey there. So in theory custom models + gear is possible but such things would be needed to added by a modder. Also someone will require a version of 3ds max 2019 which is not downloadable at their website anymore (at least I have not found it). Conversations though are possible, currently I have that way that you can talk to your followers using an item which basically deletes the pet and replaces it with a npc to talk to.

Once the mod is in a somewhat stable state I have planned to write a little guide on how to create followers for one self.

2 Likes

Trying to post pic over on nexus wasnt working. Trying here. When you changed how the initial stone worked must of made this error.

Is the follower actually invulnerable or do they just have a high health regen rate?Cause the monster can’t seem to damage him more than 1 hp which he just regens instantly. Also, when can we expect an update on this? Can’t wait to try out the other follower classes.