Grim League Season 5 has started!

Yep, it seems to be working normally for you. You can double check whether or not you got points for a specfic boss on the website: Grim League
The ingame overlay sometimes takes a while to update.

1 Like

Rekt, first off GREAT Youtube channel!

Secondly, can we expect a Season 6??

Thank you! Season 6 will happen after patch 1.2, probably towards the end of the year.

3 Likes

Greetings.
League Season 5 has ended and it’s time to write my big feedback. First of all, I want to say that I did not strive to take high positions in the ladder, but devoted more time to new content, as well as translation into Russian. In addition, I believe that minor details affect the overall idea of the final quality.

So.

1. Preparation.
    I asked to share files for translation before the start of the league, but the devs did not listen. In fact, the files became available to everyone and immediately about 12 hours before the start of the league. Luckily, I was on vacation and was able to get 0th revision of the translation ready for the start of the league. Yes, the translation for the new content was partially completed in a day or 2 thanks to the Grimtools update, although there were some hiccups.
    I have a number of comments on the tags that I did not voice during the season in order to minimize translation changes.
    Maybe I was inattentive, but weapons.arc, tags_weapons.txt and corresponding database records from the “Weapons cosmetic” mod are not used in the league and are redundant.
    Speaking of grimtools. Are you interacting with Dammit? If there is a need to keep a separate section for each league. I think it’s more logical to use one section, and design each league as a patch, as is done with the base game.

2. Start of the league.
    This season introduced such an innovation as league cloud saves.
    The instructions for the league say that you need to disable cloud saves in the game and steam, which is good. But neither the instructions on the site nor in the discord explain the details that the league uses its own independent save folder, which the game considers cloud saves and the cloud save option in the game becomes enabled when you start from the ladder.
    The next note is that league saves do not work if there are non-English letters in the file path. This was determined on the very first day (and possibly even earlier), but again, this information was not added to the site or in the discord. Not only me, but also some other players from the Ru-community faced this.
    One more thing, but less important. Since I was on vacation, I had a computer with Win7 at hand and when playing in the league, the game clogs the RAM, when you exit the game it remains in the task manager. No, it doesn’t unload after a while, it stays there until you forcibly kill task. Win10 doesn’t have this problem.

3. The league itself
    The new content is good enough. I really liked the new act.
    I liked the essence system. It is especially pleasing that the mechanics honestly fulfills the described conditions and allows you to create such legitimate amulets and shoulders:

Unfortunately, the Essence of Vire does not work on white items, despite the fact that you can also define a line of upgrades for them. (for example Copper Band → Gold Band → Amethyst Ring → etc. - this is a line of rings with health regen).
I liked the new ghost heroes and especially liked the ghosts with unique equipment and appearance. I have some remarks about ghosts, but more on that below.
I did not like that the league has changes for skills and items of the base game. I think the league should balance around it. But let me reiterate that this is just my opinion.
New sets from new ghosts: The names of the sets for the simple and mythic versions are the same, which worsens the perception (those very minor details).
Example:

Please, check the text again. The mq_treasury_02.qst file say about “Gottfried Grabowski and his brother Gregor Grabowski”. Whereas we don’t have Gregor in the game. The 3 Grabowski brothers are: Gottfried “The Ignorant”, Siegfried “The Butcher” and Friedrich “The Insatiable”.
Great hunt quest. When you do an Initiation Ritual, you have to fight the ghosts of the past, including Snapjaw and Unamrab, while you may not encounter them during the walkthrow. Make it so that these spirits only appear if you have killed the respective bosses and give an additional reward when the ritual is completed.

1. Related Content
    League website.
    I don’t use “save password” option when I enter the site and I understand that I periodically log out, but the next 2 notifications bother me. If the first can be simply closed, then the second one is disappears only by refreshing page. If you have time, change them to be more understandable, for example: “You are logged out” and “Please refresh page”.

Cloud trading has become another innovation.
In general, the whole system works well, however, with the multiplayer function disabled, players can no longer exchange or transfer items for free directly to each other. At this point, I had the idea of a guild system, but more on that later.

1. Other.
    Here I will describe the comments that were not included in the categories above, mainly related to the translation things, and also smoothly move on to suggestions for further leagues.

Check the names of the heroes:
tagGDLVolcanic_Scorpion_H01=Garaninx ~ Burning
tagGDLVolcanic_Scorpion_H06=Garaninx ~ Arcane

Names of new locations and markers on the map. Please use different tags for them. When a “\n” is used in map tags, the pop-up name of the location is also written on 2 lines.

Tags… Insignificantly, but Plateau Ice Cave has the entrance and exit tags of a Snow cave.
More tags… In the Lake of souls, the ice barrier tag is used as a chest tag, again causing translation inconsistencies.

I said more… The names of the recipes for boundless dungeon keys do not match the names of the keys themselves.

Due to engine limitations, a hidden modifier at turtle shield for mirror is listed in the item description. But what about a more elegant description?

Proteus. It uses links to the website in the dialog. While the links in the dialog file everything works fine, but when transferred to the translation file, // is perceived by the game as a sign of a comment and all subsequent text is cut off. There’s nothing we can do here, I used \\ but just so you know too.

Ghost visual. The appearance of the old ghosts, as well as Dazzling Wares, has incorrect textures, while the new ghosts are made correctly. You forgot to flip the gear textures vertically.

At the same time, I noticed that when a player equips Dazzling Wares, his body / legs / arms model disappears, which looks very strange because the formally ghost equipment is transparent, the player should be visible inside it. So at my leisure I made a small demonstration of how really cool it should look. I’m willing to reintegrate ghostly equipment models for you if you’d like.

Bonus. Mihio, the Hundred two blades.

As I said, I liked ghosts with unique design and although I am not worthy of a personal ghost, maybe someone will like the next model I ready to share, until then, meet: Unnamed, Black Myrmidon.

video

And last but not least. Guild system.
As I mentioned above, without the ability to transfer items directly between players, I had the idea of adding a guild/squad system. Perhaps similar ideas have already been suggested, but here’s how I see it.
The guild system provides an opportunity for several players to unite in one group. Given the number of active players in the league, I think it should be no more than 10 people. The group has access to the group’s shared chest (small capacity expandable for donations). And more importantly, all groups should have a separate ladder with a separate list of challenges. Thus, in addition to the winners of the SC and HC ladder, the winning group will be determined. The rating of the group can be determined by the following challenges: the sum of the best boundless dungeons (best SoT among the group players + best BoC + etc.) + the number of character classes (9 mastery = 36 classes + 9 solo classes + 1 classless) who have passed at least one 15 boundless dungeon. I understand that the prize fund is formed from donations, so the reward for the guild can be an interactive banner in Hunters Blind with the names of the champions.

Some suggestions from another players.

Danes121
Maybe add some untradeable MIs for ghostly nemesis in addition to the sets they drop. At least maybe then they won’t be turned off so quickly.
Now these nemesis are at least useless, how you complete challenges with them - you immediately cut down them.
In short, add some unique drop to them so that it makes sense to farm them.

Director
I would suggest expanding the list of challenges and making a separate list on the league website of those who first killed supers, nemesis, etc. (the first 10/20 people can be)
well, for the next league, come up with another competitive element instead of Boundless dungeons.

2 Likes

Several feedback i missed yesterday.

Essence containers. I know augments don’t support affixes in their names and the current implementation is limited to the launcher. But Could you make the affix take into account gender determiners?

Chat. When using chat, you have to press the space bar twice to type a space because the first press pauses the game…again.

Console. I understand that the console is turned off to prevent cheating, but this is implemented by blocking the ~ button, and not by limiting the functionality. And as I once wrote, the ~ button is used for the letter Ё in Russian, so sometimes it causes problems when using the search. GI has used advanced basemod functionality, maybe you can add such a function to the launcher to run the league on top of the main game and not block the use of buttons.

Weapon swap. I noticed that when playing in boundless dungeons, weapon swap sometimes lags. You press W or the interface button, but the weapon does not change. After a while, the lag may end and the weapon will swap right during the battle.
Most often I noticed this in the trap room. It’s definitely a league issue because it doesn’t appear in the base game.

Are merits and tonics of clarity permitted? Crucible? I play HC and use those to fast level a character.

Anything that’s in the game is fine.

Keep in mind that crucible doesn’t work together with mods.