GRIM LIFE - New Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

First things first – yes, this is one of my first posts here on the forum. I made it since I really wanted to share something I’ve been working on for a last couple of weeks.

GRIM LIFE – A Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella!

Despite Cairn’s rich world, we do not get nearly enough Grim Dawn fanfiction. So I decided to change that! :slight_smile:
It should be around 15 000 words long (about as long as Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde) when finished – most of it is already written and in following weeks I’ll be proofreading it and releasing it in 5 chapters.

Grim Life is a revenge story of a two traveling adventurers (Infiltrator - although, mostly specialized as Inquisitor and Pyromancer) and their fight against an extremely dangerous aetherial. It is more of a personal thriller, rather than epic fantasy - do not expect deep dives into known lore and lengthy descriptions of magical items. This is almost wild-west-like suspense, with some personal trauma.

As I describe in foreword of the fanfiction - the characters were inspired by the Life is Strange video game series. But do not worry, there is not any (I hope) “trying to be cool” dialogue, and any lore-breaking time travel. Just some personality traits here and there I borrowed. Why? - See foreword.

Please, let me know what you think of the story so far, what you you think will happen etc. And if you find something that would be very unfriendly to known lore of Cairn I’m not opposed to making corrections :wink:

Read the foreword, prologue and the entire first chapter of GRIM LIFE HERE.

(Here is the link in written form - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12667770/1/Grim-Life)

P.S. I trust you can navigate between the chapters on that site.
P.P.S Also, I know the fanfiction.net site is not ideal in terms of user friendliness, but there is a 16 days waiting list for AO3, and I’m not waiting for that.

Attachment: Untitled.png

I read the forward, looks good so far! I’d like to read it. I’ve started a novel loosely based on my first GD character Azora (though the resemblance ends there) got about 80pp but it’s on hold for other work projects I have to finish.

Keep it up !

Thanks for giving it a try! :slight_smile: Let me know if you publish something :wink:

And just a sidenote. For the others too - here is chapter navigation. When I first came to that site I remember being little bit confused since it is not easily noticeable :smiley:

Hi!

Like I said in my first post in this thread, I’ll be releasing a new chapter of GRIM LIFE - Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella within a week.

And now… It happens so.

You can read the 2nd chapter of GRIM LIFE here!

This chapter is more calm, but also serious and dark ( almost angsty :smiley: ) - but it is an important turning point in the story. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

For all the details about the novella, just read my posts in this thread, especially the very first one.

Hello!

GRIM LIFE - Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella now has it’s 3rd chapter (of 5) - go check it out!

You can read the 3rd chapter of GRIM LIFE here!

A lot happenes in this chapter and the story progresses significantly! Let me know your thoughts :wink:

For all the details about the novella, read my posts in this thread, especially the very first one.

Hi there!

GRIM LIFE - Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella - a story of two huntressess of aetherials - in now heading towards a finale with it’s 4th chapter (of 5) - and it’s a big one. Longest (almost 4000 words), darkest and most action packed!

You can read the 4th chapter of GRIM LIFE here!

Please - let me know your thoughts :wink:

Also a side note for this chapter - this one was really hard to proofread and spellcheck, so if you find any errors, let me know! (And I apologize.)

For all the details about the novella, read my posts in this thread, especially the very first one.

Hello, everyone!

GRIM LIFE - Grim Dawn Fanfiction Novella - is a story of two huntressess of aetherials. I wrote it over last couple of months and now I’m immensely proud to release it’s final chapter, that closes the 15500-words-long story.

I’d like to give a huge thanks to everyone who have shown interest in it! And once again, I’d love to hear more of your thoughts - let me know what you think :wink:

You can read the final (5th) chapter of GRIM LIFE here!
You’ll also find there all previous chapters - the button for previous chapter is usually in top right corner of the text.

P.S.: I’ll probably go over the story one more time to try to catch a few more spelling errors, when that happens I’ll let you know :wink: