Grim Misadventure #107: Patch v1.0.0.7 Preview

I started game as soldier but didnt find what I expected and I changed. That’s all. It wasn’t even cheating and it doesn’t affects anything about endgame content

I interpreted your

as creating some level 85 chars with different builds to see how they are faring. Certainly sounds like more than one respec :wink:

I’de somewhat advise against that train of thought. Early on, I gave Nightblade a try and hastily stopped/deleted the character halfway through Act 1. 400 hours later and I decide to give it a proper chance and it’s become one of my favourite characters.

How does grim dawn reward full clears? Once you hit 85 and level your devotions trash mobs are a nuance. They offer you nothing and trickle in annoyingly while picking up mats or scanning greens on the ground. Many people rush through the leveling process in GD as well. I prefer full clears there but now that I know where the content that I need to explore is located (shrines) I’m not as anal about it. Still find the leveling process fun though.

Still managed to feel rewarding. D3 didn’t always drop loot like candy. I farmed for a very long time for a furnace.

Imo if crate is going to buff and patch sets every patch it’s just going to punish the people who don’t play the game almost completely. It creates fotm builds. I’m not going to play a game with a punishing loot system that nerfs the good stuff just as you come close to reaching it. Carrot on a stick games just can’t work like that if you want to keep players. I may be over reacting. We’ll see once the patch notes drop.

D3 has been dropping loot like candy now, and the Greater Rift system ends up being so rewarding that many OTHER THINGS you can do in D3 end up not only being irrelevant but also feeling like a CHORE. And do you know what the D3 Devs have been doing throughout the game’s lifespan after ROS? They’ve been making fotm builds. I’m sorry if I’m rebutting, but your post has some irony to it.

I’ve never felt that way when playing Grim Dawn. One of the fun things about Grim Dawn is that you can do pretty much WHATEVER you want and it’s bound to complete at LEAST ultimate campaign. And gear is mostly balanced in the game because they’ll have some form of utility, be it in the form of boosting offensive capabilities, or defensive capabilities.

The nerfs are not as bad as you think they are, just minor adjustments. Again D3 is not a good example of balancing, “increased 3000% damage to x skill” is not exactly great balance.

The reason it feels rewarding is because of the animations/combat imo,(I have to agree they nailed the combat) it just feels too good. The game is sadly as deep as a puddle. 3 stats for every build is not exactly deep.

Well, I was about the game design in general. While leveling, game definitely encourages you of doing full clears - there are plenty of side quests and secret areas, with rewards. It tickles you to keep on exploring and doesn’t encourage “follow the road” mentality.

So called “end game” is a different beast. I know it’s hard to persuade someone that farm past 85 is charming. As in the first place it isn’t much, though it still appeals to a great part of the population here.
The major problems face players used to online MMOs/aRPGs, where a single char can be played forever and it’s still intriguing due to the frequent drastic balance changes and meta shifts, combined with constant pumping of new content (the quality of which is often debatable).

A game able to please everyone’s taste simply doesn’t exist.

P.S.
I’m not against adding additional endgame content, not in the slightest. Just don’t want it to be implemented the way some people think it should.

Yeah, I was writing exactly about this bug. It frustrates my Blademaster.

Bravo for bug fixes! I hope All-Terrain Wave Skills get packaged in this update too.

and when, later this month, did 1.0.0.7 comes online ?

Numbers 15 - 18, where it is. In these numbers, likely next Friday.

Please don’t just juggle damage numbers, when it comes to the item balancing part.

For example: the quillthrower of dreeg… the proc is basically useless, because:

• it doesn’t act immediately
  • is mostly replaced before it does act (and the next spawn repeats problem 1)
  • and even if it acts at all, it barely hits anything, as the AI isn’t able to use it in an acceptalbe way

A solution without touching the numbers:

• spawn them with their skill not on cooldown (or whatever prevents them from using it) so they use it immediately
  • 360° > 90° cone - as the AI can handle this kind of stuff better (and it imho also symbolizes that whole “eye” and “field of view” thing better)

Maybe a bit juggling is still needed afterwards, but it would already help a lot.

Was kinda hoping on some fixes to make the game run smoother. But this will do atm…

You are… and a lot.

Will this update include a bug fix for players who experience freezing in multiplayer? If I don’t set CPU affinity to Core0, multiplayer will freeze 100% of the time. I would image stable multiplayer is a top priority but didn’t see this mentioned in the OP.

hi im new player in grim dawn, i wanna first say that i love this game.
I love this postapocalyptic world with goth sense to it, music is great.

i guess i cant but think of a few suggestions that would make me enjoy the game more, when i went to pillar of torment, the loot that dropped while fighting a boss was so much that i couldnt even click the boss among all that spam, so i died. This made me think, but why not add a button to not see the items on ground? cuz that would have been helpful. The loot is aboviously alot in this game compared to diablo2 it feels like 3-4 times more with those big letters. In a way i can understand that u want the player to chill down after a fight and look in all that mess of loot and think if u need something picked up.

something i love about this game is that it feels local similar to diablo1, which gives u a sort of horror sense to it. For example Salazar got me a bit scared when i suddenly was locked inside with him and i saw that his damage was crazy compared to anything i had met so far. that was a good feel!

i wish we could see in a active way when aetherials or cthonians fool the humans into death traps… like there could be a video sequens when the main character is almost passed out or watching from above into inpenetrable glace when something is actively occuring. That would have been so cool. so far all that happens, is happening right before we get there or a long time before. like with the girl who was a aetherial we could have seen how she drag inocent people into her cave and eat em? something raw and active would have been awsome !

the plot around this world so far doesnt show the main real antagonist behind these aetherial cthonian attacks, and the end boss, who wanted to create him? and why? we are not getting any information here. i dont suggest it to be all revealed but in diablo1 we could hear about the angel war… the thought of finding more evidence to the great scheme behind grim dawn would have been pretty cool. we know the enemy, but who is the enemy? maybe there is no need to reveal much but a few hints would give a better overall feel to me…hinting to something bigger would give the imagination alot to work with. the sin war that was introduced in diablo1 made us curious about everything, when we later get to meet angels etc it kinda looses the point but , few hints can really give the mind alot of wonderful imaginative ideas.

i personally think that this world is uniq and there are lots to do with it. sorry if it sounds like im criticising alot, cuz i really enjoy the game! its the best game ive played since diablo2. and i really like this game more than diablo1 and 2. i just cant help but to find so much potential in the horror sense here. u got the rythm, and the design, the mechanics, music, amazing notes that reveal some minor stories, and great loot, all in a perfected way! im just trying look outside the box here.

Please release 1.0.0.7, it’s mid-december already. We need a regular, non-busy weekend to try it out, next 2 weekends will be holidays-celebrations-parties and so on.
Cmon, it’s time)

They said on FB that v1.0.0.7 would be out by monday, since monday is usually when they have patch cycles :smiley:

Wut. :confused:

Oh, think he misunderstood the question being asked. That was for the next dev update, which occurs every 2 weeks. When the patch goes live does not correlate with dev updates.