Grim Misadventure #107: Patch v1.0.0.7 Preview

It’s time for another Grim Misadventure! As you are probably eager to hear, patch 1.0.0.7 is still right on schedule for its mid-December release, just a few short weeks before you can dive into the despair that is the Fall of Valbury.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to our Dev Stream, which has been happening more consistently of late thanks to the efforts of Grava. You can look forward to the next Stream this Tuesday at 2PM EST. If you don’t get a chance to stop by, the recording will be archived on the channel for later viewing.

As with every patch, v1.0.0.7 comes with a variety of improvements and adjustments aimed at making Grim Dawn a better experience for you with more build diversity. Take a look at some of what’s in store for you with the latest free content update:

The Fall of Valbury
The Fall of Valbury is our third roguelike dungeon, joining the esteemed ranks of the Steps of Torment and the Bastion of Chaos that came before it. This massive area is packed with new challenges, bosses, lore and of course loot.

A whopping 16 lore notes (and a few secrets) await you within Port Valbury. Learn about what happened within the fallen city before and during the events of the Grim Dawn, and what nefarious plans may still lay in store for humanity…

New Monster Infrequents
Can’t have a new dungeon without some sweet loot to hunt down, and v1.0.0.7 will not disappoint with the introduction of new monster infrequents (below are their base stats only):

And then there is the mysterious scepter of Overlord Van Aldritch himself, a unique item crafted by the Aetherials for some devious purpose no doubt.

In addition to the four Monster Infrequents you can hunt for within the roguelike itself, we are also introducing a new type of Fleshwarped Troll that drops a fire-themed two-handed rifle.

Bug Fixes
Bug fixes are not something we typically highlight, but we felt that these bear mentioning as they address some frustrating issues affecting some users:

• Fixed an issue with auras becoming desynchronized in Multiplayer sessions (ex. aura buffs randomly coming on and off). This bug may have also been contributing to the Multiplayer Aura Kill bug that has been reported in the past. If that bug persists after this update, please let us know.
  • Fixed an issue where the LAN lobby could freeze while looking for games.
  • Fixed a bug where a disconnect from a Steam game could cause a game freeze.
  • Fixed item names not being visible in the world at max camera zoom.

Class Tuning
As with previous updates, v1.0.0.7 brings with it primarily buffs to underperforming skills. Also included is a general adjustment to most Resistance Reduction effects, a new Transmuter for Grenado with a redesign of the Skyfire Grenado modifier and (probably the most important adjustment of them all :p) removal of energy cost from Possession.

For Devotion, a few Celestial Powers have seen a buff, and new means to stack Movement Speed have been introduced.

This is just skimming the surface though.

Item Tuning
As with some tweaks to classes, the update looks over itemization to tone down some over-performing sets and uniques while also upgrading some Rare affixes and uniques that needed a boost, particularly with defenses.

In addition, and this is more of a quality of life change for new players, blueprints for low level unique items are now much easier to craft.

And More…

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 12/19/2016 for our regular development updates! Be sure to take a look as our last update of the year is sure to be a special treat!

first! first! hype!!!

Edit : those belts are so sexy, they will help a lot in resistances capping/overcapping in those sets with the belt slot free.

Niceeee…

Great stuff! :smiley:

any chance of seeing base aether damage on that aetherwarped cleaver? seems odd to see somethin called aetherwarped but no damage for aether.

Nice update. There is always room for new loot in my stash :smiley:
The base stats on the new items are interesting, now only to guess which of the rogue-like bosses will drop them.
And one more thing, it makes me wonder if that level 100 in the background of Fleshwarped Incinerator can be taken into consideration when talking about expansion raised level cap? :rolleyes:

Only if that same level 100 character that I’ve been using since the level cap was 20 counts as a clue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to spend hours farming a Tyrant’s Aetherwarped Cleaver of Alacrity :cry:
Also really happy about the cost reduction on Possession!

Really looking forward to the update :smiley:

Grenado modifier? 100% cooldown reduction

Chain lightning grenado!

Sharknado!!!

I think so, or perhaps something different laike thrw more of them at once with lower damage:rolleyes:

And about the item nerf. I feel Warborn will be nerfed and maybe even Ultos.

Oh well, lots of good stuff is coming, but I’m slightly worried by ‘toning down over-performing sets’. Seems like Markovian, Warborn and Ultos are gonna get some hit. Hope to see some buffs to Trozan, Valdun and Wildblood sets.

P.s. why is that almost every set contains helmet? The non-set helmets are rarely (never?) used.

I’m betting on Warborn, Markovian and Iskandra :cool:

Ooo a chance to grenado? And a change to Skyfire??

Um as in maybe a reduction of cooldown, so it can become a “LMB” or a main attack skill… i would absolutely LOVE to have another skill that i could base a build around…like a “bombadier” . That would be amazing…

I cannot wait for this patch to go live! Gonna enjoy running Valbury. HYPE!

ONE CAN HOPE! That and the change to Grenado…hoping for this to open up a new possible build

Also the 12/19 update…maybe a sneak peak at one of the 2 new masteries were getting in the new expansion???

Crossing my fingers for a pure ranged mastery and a mastery based around cold spells/skills. Oh and CHAIN LIGHTING PLEASE…

Need more grenades :smiley:

They’re end game sets i don’t see the point.

P.S

Love the green belts and the new rifle