Grim Misadventure #110: Something Stirs Within the Pit...

Welcome back to the latest Grim Misadventure! We kicked 2017 off with an absolutely packed list of everything that had happened last year (and left off with a small teaser of what’s still in store). Today, we are going to go deeper, far deeper than anyone on Cairn has ever gone before (or have they?).

But first, some update news on the game. With last month’s release of V1.0.0.7, we were actually working on another hotfix to resolve a few issues that we have fixes for and to address some feedback regarding the distribution of Defensive Ability at higher levels, particularly for casters. As it turns out, this hotfix has grown far beyond the scope of just a small patch and it no longer seemed appropriate to call it V1.0.0.7 Hotfix 3, so we are going to skip right to V1.0.0.8! Stay tuned on the forum as we reveal the upcoming update’s changelog in the coming days.

From the last GM#109, we warned you of a particular new breed of fiend that approaches in the expansion.

It appears that none have heeded our warning though and are still here to witness its arrival, so be it…

Chthonian Servitor
In the blackest depths of the void, the antithesis of life and creation itself thrives. Here, at the Void’s Edge, Ch’thon’s most powerful minions make their home. From here, they emerge to wreak terror upon the physical realm and gather the blood that was brutally stolen from the dead god, Ch’thon.

It is here that the mighty Loghorrean was spawned, and it is here that it returned upon its demise. It is also here that Ch’thon’s most vile collectors of blood were spawned. Known as Servitors, these creatures exists for a single purpose: gathering the life blood of mortal beings and returning it to its rightful owner.

Eager to fill their ventral sacs to the brim with precious crimson, the Servitors can sense blood from incredible distances and will descend upon their prey with hungering haste. Tread carefully when entering the void, lest you encounter these horrors and become another desiccated corpse.

Chthonian Rylok
Should you ever find yourself within the Void’s Edge, which would surely never happen as such a traumatizing event would certainly spell your doom and a swift end to your adventures, you will quickly discover that the blood-sucking Servitors are the least of your concerns. For here, in the deepest reaches of depravity dwell the masters of this hellish realm.

Known only as Ryloks, these terrifying brutes wield the powers of the void as if it were a plaything. They thrive upon darkness and flame, upon misery and death. They are the overlords of this black realm and to encounter even one is a testament to your ill fortunes.

Yet even among the Ryloks, a sort of hierarchy has naturally formed. Most have become crippled by vicious competitions for power, their back limbs torn off in symbolism of defeat to their greaters. They now exist only to serve those Ryloks that proved to be the victors in these brutal displays and it is the triumphant terrors that you must be certain to avoid should you find yourself traversing the Void’s Edge.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 02/06/2017 for our next development update!

Those look awesome, more and more looking forward to it :slight_smile:

wow…

Tha Rylok reminds me a mind flayer, can’t wait to face it!

1.008 changelog in the next few days sounds great!

…In his house at R’lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming…Rylok…Ryleh…hmm

Holy sh!t, things escalated REEEEEALLY quickly… 0_o

I already feel bad for Ulgrim >.<

Embrace the darkness!

hype hype

the Ryloks wooh, they look absolutely awesome :cool:

thanks for the update, i love the art of all the creatures you reveled thus far :slight_smile:

awesome. I can’t wait more

Yay, more chtonians :smiley:
This is excellent news, because a variety of chthonian used to be very limited

yeah, he reminded me of that too :wink:

Aetherials vs Chthonians!

now the big question is… which side are you on guys? :rolleyes:

I was hoping that the void would contain some more intelligent beings, but these do look great. I bet that Ulgrim wonders how they taste in soup. :smiley:

Or they wonder how He tastes in soup…

Awesome, looking forward to the patch as well. My Harbinger pyromancer has more monsters to avoid…

#TeamAetherials!

Awesome content guys! I cannot wait. Pretty stoked about 1.0.0.8 also.

That does it, I want a Servitor as a pet. Damn they look sweet, top marks for that design :D.

Edit…sort of reminds me of one of the monsters from Abe’s Oddysee :stuck_out_tongue:

Zantai, Could you tell us if the level cap of the legendary items will rise with the expansion or will it remain at 75?

Oh hi there, Cthulhu!

I can’t wait to hunt all these baddies down… also, I hope that the Chthonics gets a bit more on par with Aetherials, because right now, the Aetherials completely wrecks any Chthonic group they ran into. :eek:

I can’t wait until the next content comes live! There’s always new stuff to do in this game, i love it