Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

Necromancer? Really? All that mystery and intrigue for a cliche? Alright then…At least there is an Inquisitor with ranged stuff. Usually I prefer melee characters but GD made me like ranged too.
I still hope there will be second expansion with some shield mastery.

Salt.

The spiciest of damage types.

Million+ sales.
Games been out for a pretty long time.
Only 8 pages.

Doesn’t seem like too much of an issue to me. Not everyone’s system is going to play nice with every game. I wonder how many of those issues are down to bad connections on the players end?

Does I have a problem when I imagine this song playing in my head when I think about raising undead warriors from their graves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N91jhELYuB4

And not to mention, a proper class focused on vitality damage. Or at least I assume it will be.

Shaman have the Wendigo Totem and that modifier for the Storm Totem, and can reduce vitality resist with Devouring Swarm, but the class is more focused on bleeding, physical and lightning if you ask me. And I know that the Occultist also have skills that deal vitality damage, but chaos and poison is in what the class excels IMO.

Is it me or did the artwork in the OP of this Grim Misadventure chage from since it was first posted?

Which aura issues? last i knew they were fixed. Auras should not effect other people, therefore, not killing other players. Which was the issue.

Yes it did, and now looks a lot better :wink:

If he means are they going to fix the issue that caused it to kill people and bring back the aura for other players, then no. They were never able to isolate the cause even after great effort. The auras are now killed, they are not coming back.

I hope the vitality Shaman gear I’ve been saving can now be put to good use. Don’t need any more pet builds, I’m happy enough with the Conjurer Pokemon build.

Fantastic job guys. Perhaps not the mastery I hoping for as I prefer the more original classes but I trust you guys to execute it well and put your own spin on it anyway. Besides, that’s what the dual-class system is for right? Very excited for the upcoming expansion, can barely wait.

It would be really funny if we did that, only to find that you’d set it up so that the Chosen would kick us out after we did it. Really, really funny.

I kinda wanna try it now, just to see if Zantai set it up so that when we do it, Kymon pops up and says something like “Oh, I SO did NOT choose you so you could pull this @#$%! GTFO, beotch!”

Definitely glad tho…Seems like I can indeed revive my dream of a skeleton horde, slaying my enemies. Pictures seem to hint 5 or so isn’t too much to ask for, maybe more even… Back when I still played Path, my favorite skill was Vaal Summon Skeletons, because there’s just no minion feel better than having a mass of angry dead slaying your enemies. So I very much hope that this will go well…

Hm. I wonder if the Deathgrip whatever gloves that summon skeletons will get a Necromancer specific upgraded version…Or just if those skeletons will go well with the Necro Skeletons. MOAR SKELLIES

Joking aside, Light as a damage type would be nice. Mentioned that in a one kilometer reply few pages ago about why we are probably never going to see a Paladin mastery, despite that fact that paladins are the coolest character archetype. Well, before I go to sleep, I have to say I love this game. Heretics, demons and threats to humanity will burn by the hands of my paladin-like Inquisitor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we kind of already HAVE Paladins? Paladins are basically Soldiers, but religious. Well, Occultists are Religious, right? So are Shamans, and soon Inquisitors. So any of those combinations are visibly religious warriors, right? Plus, the other classes might be religious and just not have a really visible indicator that they’re religious. I mean, Occultist’s mastery makes it really clear that they’re constantly calling on the witch GODS. Shamans have a whole skill called Mogdrogen’s Pact, and mention repeatedly that they worship the beast GOD…

What is a Paladin if not a warrior who fights for their god? We’ve got that, we just don’t label it as such.

I know, i see Aether/Vitality but i SERIOUSLY hope there’s a ton of support for Cold skills/spelll.

I’m already guessing Aether/Vit to Cold damage Transmutors, everytime i think about Necro’s i think of “Cold/Frost” , Bone spells makes me think of d2 necros too much, we don’t need bone spells.

Necrotic Edge sounds like a Cold based melee spell “proc” hopefully there’s a LMB skill attached to it for my future sword and board Death Knight

It mentions channeling the chill of the grave into your weapons…Seems like it’s there at least a little.

I won’t make any friends here, i see that coming. Because i pretty much hype the Necromancer in Diablo 3. In generally i love the iconic Art-Direction which Blizzard offers because if i look at this picture alone i get the whole Diablo-Feel and it reminds me on Diablo 2. However the only thing which is such an huge letdown (and that’s nothing which i forgive Blizzard so easily) is that they started this “DLC”-Shit. Normally i’m not against DLC’s however in an Diablo-Game i expect an proper Addon and not such kind of small fry-pieces. So an proper Addon with new Arc, Features and Necromancer and i would instantly bought it - however now…

I’m thankfully that Crate with Grim Dawn take the proper road, can’t wait for the Expansion. And also i’ve to say, with the Necromancer-Art you have outdone yourself - this Art is so amazing and if you ask me - its the best work so far. God i’d wish there would be an “Wallpaper-Engine” animated version of that, than i would instantly set it as wallpaper…(i think i will use it as loginscreen instead)

Concepts imo that will make Necromancer class more exciting:

1. Skeletal summons thats not humanoid with high aggro (can be skeletal manticores, hounds, boars, dragons, or even skeletal T-Rex:p)
  2. If devs insists on humanoid skeletons, its better to make unique model for your summons (so its not confusing when traveling in arkovia)
  3. Include Skeletal Priest in raise the dead skill (or any skeleton that offers support to your player when you decided to become a melee necromancer)
  4. Passive skill that raises a skeletal warrior that procs in enemy death (like the one in devotion but with lower cooldown and higher summoning limit like 15 or so, because seeing an army of undead swarming a boss looks satisfying:rolleyes:)
  5. Damaging aura with vitality decay (cuz killing something with just your presence is badass:cool:)
  6. An entraping skills like the Skeletal gargantuan uses (for range necromancer)
  7. Ultimate tier skill that revives your character with half health when you die but comes with 1 hour cooldown or so (cuz youre a necromancer thats why;))

Well its just my opinion no need to take things seriously
Devs are free to make what they want, I just want to voice out my wishful thinking (without thinking about balance issues or stuffs)

All but 7 are K. The game has a HC mode, anything like 7 is a bad move. As for 1…Skeletal Golems having a chance to arise would be nice. It seems like, from what they’ve said, the skill will summon X skeleton things, from a pool of possible skeletons that you can expand. So priests and golems may be a possible thing…Which is just going to lead to me spamming to try and get all golems and look terrifying as hell.
Unique models would be great tho, cuz seeing the same models of my enemies as my allies is annoying. It’s already annoying whenever I side with the Order, Necro would just make it worse.

if you’re going to be snarky, you should make sure you’re spelling Cabalist correctly first.

Things I’d like to see:

1. Give a subset of the Necromancer’s skills an “on enemy death” component. It is a form of death magic, after all.
  2. A transmuter for the Skeleton Summon skill that makes the summoned creatures not your allies… so that you will still be able to use “on enemy death” skills against lone enemies.
  3. Mutually exclusive masteries… so that we can someday have a “Kymon’s Chosen” mastery without screwing the faction choice. Beside, it would only eliminate 1 potential class per mutually exclusive pair.

A better idea would be a “sacrifice ally” skill that kills your one pet with the least current health and makes its death eligible to proc on death procs, among other benefits.