Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

oh well, been hyped about everything else! Still horses for courses and loads of people seem happy.
I now hope they will feel different to other necro’s and at least synergise well with other classes!
Everybody has a least favourite class and it will probably still be soldier for me!

Now the thought occurs to me if the Necromancer can oppose his own order and side with Kymon’s Chosen against the Deaths Vigil?

Necromancers cannot join Kymon’s Chosen at all.

I’m looking forward to the Necromancer buff that makes vitality and/or aether melee more than just a gimmick. Melee Necromancer + Occultists everywhere!

FeelsGoodMan

I knew it! And I can´t wait to try the necromancer :smiley:

Looks like we got a bunch of improved pics in the original post. Love the statue head in the ground.

Necrotic Edge
”By striking with the chill of the grave, your attacks inflict instant necrosis upon the afflicted wound, the sight of which can cause even the most resolute foes to falter.”

This devastating weapon pool proc strikes foes with chilling fear. While it works with any weapon type, it cleaves additional foes when used with melee weapons.

Using this with Alkamos’s Legendary Scythe is gonna be so dope, OMG…

haven’t played a necromancer since d2, bring it on. wait… haven’t played a necromancer since titan quest, bring it on. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:
this expansion can’t come early enough for me. :smiley:

I must sign this!

Yes määäääään! :smiley:

Actually that wouldn’t be that hard to fix. They easily have to implement it so - that you can’t pick Necro-Mastery anymore after you picked Kymons…

I appreciate the new masteries and I am very excited to play them. But I am most excited for the new constellation and any other additions to the devotion system. The Devotion system is one main aspect, which makes grim dawn very special to me and to unlock a new point to invest in a constellation, which boost my fire damage to new marks, motivates me heavily.

For me grim dawn would not be grim dawn with out devotions and I am as excited as a little child on christmas eve :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vitality Melee and Aether Melee aren’t gimmicks but i agree we need more support

Sprinkling in some dialogue options based on class mastery into existing content would be nice. I dunno how much back-work you guys are keen on doing though.

Lol Inquisitor + Necro should turn some heads.

awesome !!!
I couldn’t wait to pair this with occultist
… but what’s really the difference between these two by the way :confused:

but then again, pairing shaman with occultist hasn’t been occult enough for many people’s taste, I’m glad this new mastery comes out. :wink:

kek

The expansion will sell hot.

To comment on the Paladin idea, despite the fact that I would LOVE the see GD’s take on my favorite character archetype, I don’t think we would ever see them in GD.

If you ‘dismantle’ a Paladin, they are basically holy-tanky characters. The tanky aspect is already represented by the Soldier and/or Warden. Kymon’s Chosen play the role of holy warriors, and their elements of choice are fire, lightning and physical. This is also supported by the other ‘demon hunter’ class in the game, the Inquisitor, which also seems to heavily support fire and lightning. This means that we already have 4 masteries that support the ‘holy’ gameplay: soldier, shaman, inquisitor and demolitionist. A paladin would hardly add anything. I agree that the Soldier is not reeeeeally centered around shields and or resistances as we imagine a Paladin being, but you can’t make a whole mastery just around being ‘more tanky than the soldier’. It’s not enough. They would be basically adding a commando mastery.

The only way I could see that happening would be by introducing a new damage type, i.e, Light. While this looks cool AF, Crate never mentioned considering this idea and if they did internally, it probably wasn’t/isn’t at the top of their priority list, meaning that we probably wouldn’t even see it in a possible second expansion. Also, adding it would mean that the Paladin would be the ONLY mastery in the game with support to light damage, reducing drastically the build diversity.

(Edit: The Inquisitor is probably the closest we will ever get to a Paladin. That’s why I’m so hyped about it.)

But, well, for the sake of happiness, let’s imagine shield based skills which use off hand weapon damage. Let’s also imagine shields being treated more like weapons, with offensive stats, prefixes and sufixes but less defensive perks, making well-rolled shields as good as well-rolled MIs weapons. That would be… beautiful :cry:

GD’s so much better. Why would you ever charge into battle wearing… those things? Just to get an arrow in your (knee) chest and die? GD’s necromancer is a true powerful being. He wears his armor and it reflects his powers. He has his tomes and writings to perform ancient rituals. He’s not a god. But he’s the closest you can get via a mere mortal.

Props to the Guy who made the Artwork. Best Depiction of a Necromancer ever :cool:

Being the first person to say it was Necro, Gald to see I was right :slight_smile: You can all thank me later :stuck_out_tongue:

It was probably the same guy who did this:

Clearly he wanted to showcase the magical properties of armpit odor.