Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

Can any of the devs give a clarification about this? Or just in general about Inquisitor and Necromancer with Death’s Vigil and Kymon’s Chosen.

I know Zantai said Necromancer can’t join Kymon’s Chosen, even though some other posts confuse me, like this one:

They say to draw what you know best!

Nice, now we have the others 2 masteries and some other news from the upcoming expansion, but when we be able to play in multiplayer?
When will have some news about fixes in multiplayer?
Im alpha supporter and since the beggining of the game we have this problems and that was never solved, ive seen a lot of progress in this game, but this fucking connections problems is killing the game! Ive posted a topic in this community some months ago about this problem, some people helped promoting it but we got no answer from any dev…
Really, this is any kind of joke? Not even with friends from my country i can play it like in single player, evertime someone joins the game the SCREEN freeze like 5-10s! Yeah i mean SCREEN because its only the screen, a HUGE lag, everything freeze, but the enemies keep attacking while we cant do nothing! I was playing with a conjurer with 14k health and died 3 times because of this same lag yesterday… And sometimes we got terrible graphics lags while playing with caster in the party, and i have a very powerful pc with a GTX 1080… its almost impossible to play in multiplayer with melee char if you arent a tank or caster with a lot of crowd control or stun or freeze skill! I love this game, i really dont know how many hours ive played, i belive that ive more than 2000 hours but i really dont know if ill keep playing after the expansion if i cannot play smooth with my friends! Everyone that ive played curse this multiplayer connection, sometimes even with a good ping we got a terrible desync, its wierd a lot, just try to play with a melee char with someone in other country and see how many times your char will miss the hit! Its fucking terrible and seems that the devs arent doing anything about it!
Fix this multiplayer before the expansion and will see how this community will grow!

Necromancers cannot join Kymon’s Chosen. There’s no but in that sentence.

If you decide to stick to a single mastery for 40 levels and select Necromancer after joining Kymon’s Chosen, you would get different dialogues on certain NPCs, but it would constitute “clever use of game mechanics”.

It’s essentially playing the game outside of the intended direction, just as going into the Crucible to get 5 Devotion Points before starting the main campaign would be considered clever, but obviously not how we intend the average player to go through the game.

Multipayer has bug fixes and improvements with almost every patch (just take a look at the patch notes over the last year if you doubt this). For the vast majority of players, it is a stable experience without issues. We can’t look into an issue without extensive info from the one experiencing an issue and a repro on our end based on this info. Sometimes the fix also lies on the user’s end, whether in the network setup or system configuration. Sometimes the ISP is not cooperative.

No repro, virtually no chance of a fix as then the programmers are working blind. That’s the reality of programming. And when there are a million PC configurations on top of various network setups and internet providers, you might begin to see why “fix this multiplayer” is not as simple of a statement as it might seem.

Dude, you’re a beast!

Also, I have a question for the devs: do you guys plan on adding a new damage type?

To the surprise of no one, ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Crate has a habit of putting new spins on standard RPG tropes so I’m excited to see where this goes. If Necrotic Strike or whatever does cold damage, it’ll make Nightblade/Necromancers pretty awesome for both practical and thematic reasons.

As if there aren’t too many damage types already. :smiley:

Wood damage type, earth damage type, music damage type(?), meat damage type, forum smilies damage type

Not that Grim Dawn needs it but I do wonder why you never see Earth elemental damage in games anymore.

After today we could have a Salty Tears damage type.

Zantai, tell me about about this great majority playing without problems! Did you searched the 8 pages in steam community about multiplayer lag or lag spikes???

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219990/discussions/search/?gidforum=666824801258983887&include_deleted=1&q=multiplayer+lag

It was often treated as physical, even in games based on Chinese elements. And I imagine it’s tough to make earth look flashy.

Hats off to you Sir!

I would assume that the vast majority are not posting about their lack of problems because they are playing without problems.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

release, pre-order? q1 isnt possible anymore then say it …

Perhaps input “time” instead of “relevance” and you’ll see that there haven’t been a large consistency of reports of multiplayer lag in the last month or so. There are also a number of shown “posts” that merely quote “multiplayer lag” which doesn’t add more to the number of people actually having lag issues.

Your search also had examples that weren’t related to multiplayer lag at all.

Maybe because, if you think about it, an earth mage is just tossing pebbles at their enemies with their mind.

I mean, with the other elements (like fire, ice, chaos, and any other crap a dev can come up with) you are trying to hurt your opponent with something that’s not commonly used as a weapon, but things like tremors and rocks are more akin to physical and internal trauma damage. (or piercing if you are capable of conjuring a stalactite)

I must admit I feel somewhat dissapointed (and intrigued at the same time) now that we know the 2nd mastery. I am not a big fan of it, but I have very high hopes in the upcoming expansion.

So, hats off to Crate because they are very talented and can put to shame some BIG AAA companies. :cool:

haha yes finally

necromancer.

thank you crate for granting my wish <3