Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

At first, I have a plan on playing Inquisitor, but the artwork of necromancer changes my mind. All the whole plan.

It is SOOOO AWESOME. I like the art work very much. It’s very cool.

Good job, devs. I’m looking forward of improvement in range build and this awesome necromancer :smiley:

Nice!
I hope we get a few legendary scythes as well?

I KNEW IT!!! CALLED IT! I knew it.

And it’s about damn time. Now I need to know the names of the class combos.

Inquisitor = Apostate
Soldier = Death Knight
Nightblade = Reaper
Demolitionist = Defiler
Occultist = Cabbalist
Shaman = Ritualist
Arcanist = Spellbinder

Fairly obvious with this one, I think.

That artwork tho. :smiley:

What are the odds I’d be looking forward to Necro in D3 and Grim Dawn in the same year? My favorite class in two games–my life is forfeit.

Regarding longevity, are we talking seconds or minutes as a fresh Necro? At level cap will they stick around for a while, at least? I was never a fan of temporary minions, ala skeletons in PoE.

Now if only you guys would make a Paladin next. :wink:

Out of all the updates, this is my favorite.

The best gift in my happy birthday:D thx U, my favorite developers:p

But we already have one. Well, sort of. Combination of Inquisitor and Soldier, which, I think, is called Sentinel.

While it’s true it’s not your standard Paladin with Shield and Heal, it’s still the closest we shall see, for now at least. They did mention Inquisitor has some good skills aside from range and elements.

This does raise the question, though, about the lore conflict in case of a necromancer class joining Kymon’s.

What they don’t know… :smiley:

I hope we`ll get aether RR skill at last)

From what I can tell of what they’ve included in the mod tools for summons recently, it’s a weight system on the summon itself. So x chance for a summon, y for b, z for c, etc.

can the D3 necro hold a candle against this one? :rolleyes:

I am blown away I did not expect this one at all! :rolleyes:

.and thanks crate for flushing the cook mastery down the toilet! :cry:

Nope. Ritualist will be Inquisitor+Necromancer.
Compare the list with the nameslist from the Inquisitor Grim Misadventure:

"Class combination names you can look forward to: Deceiver, Mage Hunter, Purifier, Ritualist, Sentinel, Tactician and Vindicator.
"

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Yep, looks like it. Although, why, I wonder. Shaman would fit that name more.

The expansion release date? :stuck_out_tongue:

But really… I can’t really say that I’m very happy with the Necromancer actually being the 8th mastery… :undecided:

While I sort of already knew that a Necromancer Mastery was on the track for the expansion ages ago, I was hoping it wasn’t a literal Necromancer mastery, and that it was something else… Now how will this make sense with characters that choose to side with Kymon’s Chosen? It will literally make no sense at all if you pick the Necromancer and Demolitionist, for example, and decide to join Kymon, since they HATE Necromancers and will kill them on sight… I mean, it’s a choice that you can make, but still it feels totally off with the idea of being able to side with two opposing factions…

Don’t get me wrong… I’m not saying that I don’t like the Necromancer… it’s just that the inclusion of this mastery made me feel confused. :confused:

Switch the Shaman with Inquisitor around and it’ll be ok. It’s because on the Inquisitor class combo list there was Ritualist too, that means, they overlap each other and make Ritualist. Apostate would be Shaman, because of “losing the nature religion in favor of death, darker side” kind of philosophy.

The expansion release date? :stuck_out_tongue:

But really… I can’t really say that I’m very happy with the Necromancer actually being the 8th mastery… :undecided:

While I sort of already knew that a Necromancer Mastery was on the track for the expansion ages ago, I was hoping it wasn’t a literal Necromancer mastery, and that it was something else… Now how will this make sense with characters that choose to side with Kymon’s Chosen? It will literally make no sense at all if you pick the Necromancer and Demolitionist, for example, and decide to join Kymon, since they HATE Necromancers and will kill them on sight… I mean, it’s a choice that you can make, but still it feels totally off with the idea of being able to side with two opposing factions…

Don’t get me wrong… I’m not saying that I don’t like the Necromancer… it’s just that the inclusion of this mastery made me feel confused with your decisions towards the game. :confused:

Why not both? :rolleyes:

Yes, I already corrected myself, thanks. Still think Ritualist fits Shaman more and Apostate fits Inquisitor.

However, the darker side suggestion kind of makes sense.

After “necrobloodcook” we knew necromancer was the new mastery. I would be much happier with a shield mastery, but this necromancer is looking much more interesting than the Occultist 2.0 I was imagining.

Great work, guys!