Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

Or maybe the Kymon’s Chosen emissary will see right through your wicked ways and refuse to even acknowledge you…

great!! I can’t wait to make a necro!

Wow this looks awesome! I was convinced it was gonna be “witch” witch+occultist=necro lol. The artwork looks fantastic great job crate. I think the d3 devs are sobbing in a corner somewhere lol

That’s good and dandy, but doesn’t this make Necromancer a limited class? Like, he can’t join Kymons, but all other classes and their combinations can?

Or should we just accept this and endure through the consequences of our choices, hmm.

Hoping there are a few good necro abilities worth full builds that have nothing to do with pets, more so than occultist.

Looking forward to being able to view Inquisitors mastery tree, that is what I am excited for the most.

omg I can’t wait!

I didnt expect an actual Necromancer to be the 8th mastery, how is he supposed to join Kymon’s Chosen?, will he be locked to the Order and the Inquisitor locked to Kymon’s? anyways, that Necro artwork is the coolest of all masteries, so so very nice looks, the other masteries artwork will get jealous…

I have to say,the art looks just bad ass. I may not play summon builds much but i’m digging this.

Will it have offensive spells too or just curses and stuff to support your pets and yourself?

Mostly I feel that the choice should feel meaningful and contextually appropriate. The world seems more believable.

However, clever players may find ways to deceive the admissions process. :wink:

doesn’t work for me, nothing downloads, instead I am directed to some odd page

Well now THIS is very interesting… So picking your masteries will have a certain level of impact in the game? If so, that is going to be really awesome! :smiley:

yawn

Oh, I’ll still play it to some extent. It just looks very rote so far. Been there, done that.

still not better than d3’s childish artwork! :rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

Holy crap I can’t wait to level a necro!

Great, will you expand these choices, then, mm? Should the impact of your actions change the world around you, including the whole settlements, people? Right now it isn’t that much, I suppose, aside from Isaiah and few others.

Oh boy, here we go.

This is great news! I can picture already a Nightblade/Necro with Raise the Deads devotion, that would synergize so well and give an interesting twist to a melee char

This has been fixed.

I hope the exclusive capstone skill of Necro (if there is one) involves turning yourself into a Lich.

Inb4 Blizzard fanboys starts saying Crate stole their idea on their boards. :rolleyes:

I love this hint about Necro not being able to join Kymon’s in the first place. It makes sense lorewise, and it adds weight to choosing a mastery.

But the best part of that hint, if it really turns out that you can’t join Kymon’s, is the fact that sooo many players will nag Crate about making Necro a weaker class, with more limited options than other classes, that the only way Crate will be able to neutralize that is by adding factions that will be blocked for other classes. E.g. being able to join Black Legion, except if you’re an Arcanist. Or some kind of barbarian tribe which despises the stealth tactics of Nightblades, or some knight group which forbids ranged weapons, disallowing Inquisitors and Demolitionists…

Of course, Crate would have to do that by making additional expansions and DLC’s… :wink: