Grim Misadventure #118: Factions - Coven of Ugdenbog

How much of a choice is this really? I felt it was a non-choice - either you ally with Creed/The Outcast OR you miss out on extra gear and quests, and the item augmentations are kinda a necessity. + Choosing the outcast doesn’t influence your relation with the black legion that much.

Hopefully, one of the new factions balances that out and gives a counter to the Outcast. Like with Chosen/Vigil

That would be a nice little gimmick!

Thought it pretty clear that these three are indeed our good old witch gods Soleal, Dreeg & Bysmiel. Question: did the coven recognise them as such?

I wonder though whether this was the event that caused them to stop communication with the temple’s “The Attendant” - or that these events happened before.

Wanna bet Rallia is actually from the Coven faction? Never actually burned her in that quest, so it would be cool if she was at the Coven’s main base.

Seems to me that after this event the Coven & Luminari are not per see juxtapositioned anymore.

Then again, I can image the choice being: All witches are bad - period (doesn’t seem to apply to Creed and the Outcast though) vs We help the poor witches.

This involving quests leading to either kill the 3 remaining “leader” witches, or kill 3 high ranking Luminari (probably something Creed wouldn’t like).

oh more lore

That would be a nice little gimmick!

Well, there’s Outcast’s Secret — a BiS for many aether caster builds — which you can only get by killing Anasteria on Ultimate.

“[…]and that’s not including the addition of Beasts as an official hostile faction.” thank god

Any news on release date? I’m still nursing the faint hope that I’ll see this before summer break so I can do little more than play this during the summer.

Make sure Grava turns this aura on :rolleyes:

On a serious note, very nice lore. Great misadventure :smiley:

I’m pretty sure that these events happened before that.

This is very interesting and exciting, but we need potatoes in the misadventures. Some new mechanics or something.

Great Grim Misadventure!!!

Shouldn’t that be “readdition”? Beasts originally were a hostile faction for a limited time.

Is that a new PC face I spy there?

Hadn’t heard of this before. Sounds kinda weird. Beasts don’t really communicate or organize, do they?

Sexy… Can’t wait for more info.

When it comes to Anasteria and the witch I just go on a killing spree.

Anasteria is handy for enchant etc but she’s a risk to the story because we don’t know what she wants. Killing her removes that problem.

I burn the witch because let’s face it…who knows what she was up to and if she was a “Taken” we already have one good taken so the witch becomes a loose end to me.

Nobody expects the Luminari Inquisition… Which is who I was expecting, but no - bam, Witch Gods! Solael’s all -finger guns- Dreeg is all -staring intensifies- and Bysmiel just throws a bag of spiders enthusiastically. And then they all peaced out just like that. Think they were just all sitting down watching their shows when they heard an insistent knocking at the door?

Moral of the story: don’t try invade the Witch God’s space or incur their wrath :p.