Grim Misadventure #118: Factions - Coven of Ugdenbog

Wonder if the shrine will be in game, and if we’ll get to tinker with it. Sounds like a good idea.

Great idea for a quest or a skeleton key area.

that or we get what happened to us before the Avatar of Mogdrogen became a fight, blown up with little fanfare. Meddle not in powers unknown folks.

Yup - be nice if it was like the trips into the Void.

I don’t see Rallia being with the Coven as she practices arcane spells
Its more likely that she is allied with Gildam Arcanum

i want to play expansion i don’t know how much i can endure the waiting

Oculist/necromancers/witches etc. they all use arcane spells.

Could the Gildam Arcanum be a mage faction? Mages could use some love I think - never got really far in playing a mage-like character.

On that note, I think the conversions will help with me liking mages.

That axe is awesome! And the armour too. They are starting to remind me of Guild Wars, which is good, I want to have some very good looking and unique weapons and armour.

Hmmm… I thought Occultist draws power from eldritch realm and Arcanist draws power from the Aether realm.
Am I wrong or using the term “arcane spell” complicates my message?

If you help Rallia, she will open a Rift herself like a player and will go away to somewhere. Considering this, her affinity is high to aether. She may also be the “TAKEN” like player.

When I rescued her at Early Access I thought I’d be able to see her again in Act 5 somewhere. And I thought that she will be one of the new factions. In practice, it was not her but Anasteria.

This looks pretty interesting. So the four are the Aetherial Vanguard, the Coven, Beasts, and…?

Where did you get Aetherial Vanguard from? (Must have missed it myself!)

The beasts is a 5th faction. See the post from Zantai:

has been mentioned in some dev streams

Cool - really ought to watch those dev streams - got the feeling I’m missing out on quite a few things

So when do we get to kill Dreeg, Solael and Bysmiel? If we can kill Mogdrogen we better be able to mash those exhuman trash tier petty bitches that somehow achieved godhood despite being extra facepalm creatures in their mortal lives. Also something about them doesn’t make sense - they abandoned their followers but all 3 appear to stop a bunch of witches that can become the next gods? Seems to me that if that is possible, their power source is of infinite energy and what they are isn’t really near the level of a true god. They are just tapping into that source and don’t want any others that can be their equals.

Which stream? Was it a joke? Because that sounds pretty close to just Aetherials…

Interesting point of view. By the way we don’t kill Mogdrogen, only its avatar.

The reasoning mentioned in that stream was so that you don’t encounter the Aetherial Nemesis as soon as you begin to do the new content. The Aetherial Vanguard are the first wave of them sent to Cairn. That is what I remember from the stream anyway.

Also, my bad, the beasts are an extra one. I had been talking about this with a friend for a while. Some kind of genetic memory leading to a beast nemesis hunting you down, that or one for the insects.

The Aetherial Vanguard, apart from making sense with where the story is headed, is a gameplay decision so you are not engaging with additional champions/heroes/nemesis spawns as soon as you enter the new content.

The logic behind the Beast faction is that you cull the weak, so only the strong remain, resulting in stronger beasts appearing in the world with the eventual Nemesis rising to stop your hostility against nature.

Any beasts in the world will count towards the faction, but the new spawns will only appear in the new areas so you’re not literally hunting across the entire world looking for a beast Nemesis.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks for the information!