Grim Misadventure #122: Devoted Arkovia

We return with another Grim Misadventure! Today, we are returning to the Devotion skies, to discover just what the Arkovian gods shall bestow upon you.

Previously, we revealed that the expansion will feature 14 new Devotion Constellations. What we did not tell you though is that something is also coming to existing Constellations. Every Celestial Proc in the game will be receiving 5 more ranks, allowing them to reach even greater limits of power!

Adding to that, of the 14 new Constellations, 8 will feature brand new Celestial Procs as well, for even more options when battling the fiends of the void and the aether.

Let’s take a look at some of the upcoming Celestial Procs!

As always, what you see may change before its final debut, whether numerically or visually. Numbers on tooltips are scaled based on equipped gear and will increase with skill rank.

Alladrah’s Phoenix
”A faithful pet of the gods, the Phoenix of Alladrah blazes a trail across the starry sky. “

Alladrah’s Phoenix shields you with its fiery feathers, rebuking blows and incinerating all that come too near.

Attak Seru, the Mirage
”Attak Seru was the matron of spellweaving, the protector of those daring enough to wield magic. All Arkovian rituals had the symbol of Attak Seru inscribed within the runic circle for precaution; but not even her wards were enough to stave off the effects of the necromancer’s curse.”

Attak Seru grants you the power known as Arcane Current. This clever rune appears on the ground near your foes and rapidly launches streams of arcane energy that damage enemies in a line

Ultos, Shepherd of Storms
”Ultos was the lesser of his celestial brethren in Arkovian lore, but nevertheless remained a powerful symbol, for it was his rains that allowed the harvest to grow and his lightning that caused unspeakable destruction. Somewhat ironically given his status, Ultos is the only Arkovian god whose worship endured beyond the fall of the empire.”

The hand of Ultos conjures lightning from your very being, which then cascades across the vast legions of your enemies.

Vire, the Stone Matron
”Commonly depicted in Arkovian lore as the matron of the gods, and thus the mightiest, the Stone Matron represented Cairn itself, the fortitude and strength of stone, unmoving against even the greatest odds.”

Vire conjures a stone fist from the very earth to retaliate against any foe that strikes you, turning them to stone.

Four more Celestial procs await you in the expansion. Those you will have to discover for yourself later this year!

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 07/24/2017 for our next development update!

Attachment: Arcane Currents.jpg
Attachment: Arcane Currents Tooltip.jpg
Attachment: Phoenix Fire.jpg
Attachment: Phoenix Fire Tooltip.jpg
Attachment: Fist of Vire.jpg
Attachment: Fist of Vire Tooltip.jpg
Attachment: Hand of Ultos.jpg
Attachment: Hand of Ultos Tooltip.jpg

The visuals are neat!

^ This

Looks great! Looking forward to the other devotions as well - would you also be sharing their positions and costs/requirements?

Also question: how many more devotions points will we get to spend?

Crate have confirmed another five points will be available.

Awesome work Crate, these look fantastic.

First thing I noticed too. Fist of Vire and Phoenix Fire are my favourites; I especially like the feathers swirling around the char with PF toggled - nice touch on top of the colour.

Wooo, looking good! I can’t wait to use the devotion that doesn’t look anything like force lightning!:wink:

The fist of vire is so satisfying to watch.:p:p:p The rest also seems nice.

Frankly speaking, I’d prefer that the fist came crashing down from above, making it looks like it smashed the ground where it fell down…

Looking forward for all these new additions to Devotions as well. :slight_smile:

Finally!

Chain lighting! Imagine stacking Ultos on Primal Strike :smiley:

I came when i saw the Hand of Ultos proc.

Wait, does that mean Assassin Mark, Eldritch Fire, Arcane Bomb, Acid Spray and every other devotion proc that reduces resists will also increase levels too? More resist reduction.

Hand of Ultos is my favorite so far, cant wait to use it in action. :cool:

As always, Great work guys :smiley:

Looking great, even though having to level celestial powers on respeced builds sounds even scarier with 5 more levels.

Phoenix can be really powerful depending on how the uptime scales with levels. Ultos also looking like it can be really desirable.

I love the suggestion to add more levels to celestial procs, it was on my list of suggested features for the expansion:D

That fist of Vire looks amazing not just for phys builds but for any build that gets a sizeable amount of phys conversion. Will be epic in the crucible considering how low the recharge is and how often you get hit. Aether/elemental combos got a lot of love too. The lightning one seems a bit “meh” because of how many chain lightning procs we already have, but maybe I just need to see it in action.

I should rephrase that: how many points do we get to spend on these devotions? But also good to know we get 55 points in total ^^

Now if you could do a combo with blitz and than the first of vire. That would truly be awsome.:stuck_out_tongue:

Only 5 devotion POINTS? not levels right…because 5 seems incredibly low unless they are giving us the other 9 extra shrine points you can’t get from shrines above the 50 cap…to total 64…but 55…meh…with 14 constellations added in you’d think at least 10 would be given…

Yay, one step closer to release :lucky:

I’m more intrigued by how far Time Dilation is going to go. Potentially 10 second cooldown before CDR is factored in :rolleyes:.

The Phoenix doesn’t sound super exciting to me. He will be up about 40% of the time (5 seconds with 11.5 recharge), I guess it will all depends on what that 15% Damage absorption become at 20/20 and if it can be a good defensive bonus (will it be a total damage for the duration of the 5 seconds or will it be an amount on each attack?) Fire/Aether build usually already have very high atk and would benefit the most with the defensive side of it.

Arcane Current might be the perfect exact solution to buff PRM in a really nice manner and as someone that did play a PRM Sorcerer but dropped it late game (swapped to BWC Spam) cause it was falling behind I can clearly see it as the opportunity needed to go back to the well!

Hand of Ultos obviously scream Ultos build and maybe even the small details that gonna bring Druid on par with Conjurer (the OA / Crit Bonus from Arcanist might be just enough to push that one to an even more permanent effect considering the 1.2 second recharge). Also the Main Hand Weapon Damage part fit that two hand option.

I feel Fist of Vire is the one that will be the hardest to fit somewhere. The “On Being Hit” effect are usually linked to Healing Power or Shield Power. This one gonna deal damage and give you a Petrify. First part seems perfect fit for an extra damage source for Retaliation Build and since it is based “On Hit” it can affect everyone. But the 2 Seconds petrify kinda go against the idea of a Retaliator that need to get hit.