Grim Misadventure #123: Infrequently Monstrous

I’m just pissed my old pc is going to hell and i can’t play gd or anything until they deliver my new one.

i haven’t seen my gf in a while, got a massive migraine, sleep deprived, lack of food and water, grumpy and i can’t find my damn gazerman outfit and there isn’t enough bug spray in the world for the first few weeks. running up the stairs for hours and getting stuck, bumping my face in walls, getting drenched in old bogwater, having some fool making wendigo noises in my ear. and that’s all before its even noon.

how do you think i’m feeling…huh?

pretty great ! :smiley:

glad to hear, cheers. :smiley:

New to me is anything post vanilla release.

Zantai is the worst. He forces us to print and frame pictures of him and place them within sight at all times.

Would you believe me if I told you he’s a lil weird?

The upside? His best friend is David Hasselhoff and once a month he lets us call and have a chat with the 'hoff! Here’s a pic David sent me the last time I called him.

I know what you’re thinking… yes, the 'hoff usually uses two phones at once. One to yell at me and tell me to quit calling him and the other to selfie himself yelling at me to quit calling.

Here’s a pic that Zantai and the 'hoff sent us to show us how much more fun they were having than us

As you can see, testing is going quite well.

Stay out of my closet.

You heard it, powbam! It’s time for you to come out of the closet.

jk

=/

Min-maxing means the art of perfecting a build into the very little details. This is required for builds on the higher crucible levels.

This is done by looking for the minimum or maximum values of attributes and finding the perfect combination of gear, skills, enhancements & devotions.

Example:
Resistance is capped at 80%. A given char may have due a combination of both fire and elemental resistance on gear 95%. 15% of this is thus wasted, and it’s stat value might be better used elsewhere. A min maxer might find a different combo of gear etc that sets him at 83% and 100 oa.

33% CDR + TD will enable perma overguard. Colossal Bulwark will make that possible without Star Pact, which is quite exciting.

durruti

HOW IS TESTING GOING? :smiley:

are you allowed to see your family? No.

are you allowed to sleep and/or drink/eat? Sometimes after I keel over in a faint from lack of food.

is it easier to work under supervision of gazerman, zantai or evilmedierra? Gazerman is the worst - that big eye peering over your shoulder all the time. :eek: Zantai’s a close second mind you. :eek: :eek:

do you have to fight through dungeons? and in the game? are you really testing the expansion or are you secretly being prepared to settle mars? :eek::rolleyes: Sworn to secrecy, but these moon boots are killing me.

@Preatorians: Could you not test anything, just say to Crate that all is good - no bug, perfect balance, everything - and the expansion can be released say… tomorrow?
Regards,
Not-a-praetorian

:wink:

oh, i get now how ME:Andromeda was released .

Nope, because then we’d get an earful from Zantai, Medierra and the Gazerman when you all start complaining that the game’s not balanced, full of bugs, missing stats on items, etc.

Plus the work on the expansion isn’t finished yet. As Zantai said in his OP:

“At this time, the playtesters have access to roughly 50% of the expansion’s content and the leveling experience for the Necromancer and Inquisitor masteries. There’s still much to do and much to be tested, but so far things are going smoothly. We are nearing the end of the line!”

So still around 50% still to be readied for testing by the devs.

hahaha yea that will probably happen, if it would be released now

You don’t need TD really. It’s overkill. 12 sec CD is the final result. You just have to make it for 2 seconds.

There is no hurry to release the xpac until i will have my new pc, then i will start whining 24/7 because you are to slow. My pc should arrive between monday and wednesday, so be ready.

just got a new gaming rig too and it runs GD pretty well… my previous one suck so bad! I dont mind the expac delay either as there are so many other games to play:p

My question to testers; Is directx11 migration included in your test version? If yes, is there any performance improvement?

This is an interesting question