Grim Misadventure #123: Infrequently Monstrous

A Grim Misadventure has arrived! First, some exciting news on the expansion development front: As some of you may have already noticed, the playtesters have been very busy of late…because testing has officially begun on the expansion! What this means is that people outside of the dev team are seeing the expansion’s content/additions for the first time and providing us with bug reports and feedback. This is a critical step in the development process as we strive to clear out major issues/concerns before the expansion is released to the general public.

At this time, the playtesters have access to roughly 50% of the expansion’s content and the leveling experience for the Necromancer and Inquisitor masteries. There’s still much to do and much to be tested, but so far things are going smoothly. We are nearing the end of the line!

Now, for another peek into the expansion! During one of our previews livestreams, we’ve heard requests to show off some of the new Monster Infrequents (MI’s) headed your way with the expansion. So today we will show you a selection. A few things had changed with Monster Infrequents compared to the base game. First, new Monster Infrequents no longer have a “common” version. Instead, they have a lower overall chance of dropping a Monster Infrequent, but whenever one drops, it is always the “rare” variety. Secondly, almost every Monster Infrequent will have two variants. This way not only is there more awesome loot to hunt for, but we can cover more playstyles. Lastly, almost every monster introduced in the expansion will have some kind of Monster Infrequent, even many of the bosses. In total, we are introducing 63 new Monster Infrequents!

So let’s dig in.

Please note that with the expansion still in development, the following information may change by release. These stats represent the base bonuses of the Monster Infrequents without any Affixes.

Bargoll’s Heart / Bargoll’s Core

Colossal Fortress / Colossal Bulwark

Packla’s Skins / Packla’s Visage

And more…
With the introduction of Item Skill Modifiers, you can expect to find a skill modifier on every Monster Infrequent weapon/off-hand, medal, necklace and helm, just like on the new Legendary items. This goes for old Monster Infrequents as well, which will not only receive higher level versions, but also retroactive additions of the Skill Modifiers.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 08/07/2017 for our next development update!

Attachment: MI_Shield_01.jpg
Attachment: Shield - Tooltips.jpg
Attachment: MI_Hammer1h_01.jpg
Attachment: Mace - Tooltips.jpg
Attachment: MI_Head_01.jpg
Attachment: Head - Tooltips.jpg

They look stunning !!!

Beautiful!

The stats on the Colossal Bulwark and Fortress make my mouth water, specially the Bulwark as it seems great for some sort of caster-tank.

We are nearing the end of the line!

This is great news!:smiley:

I’m excited to see new skill modifiers showing up on the MI’s. So hyped for seeing what new builds become possible with the expansion!

Looks pretty epic!

the hunt for loot continues :p:rolleyes::smiley:

Great news for the beginning of the testing process, and lovely lovely MIs !

“Loot Hunt” Is the title of the new expansion!

Looking forward to it!

Colossal Bulwark and Fortress are now on my “desperately must have” list for the expansion - looks like I know what I’ll be farming first. Awesome artwork all around on these MIs!

Nothing new or exciting revealed, feels like a loop of devotions, handful of items and new masteries being cycled every two weeks :confused:

Every single one of those MIs looks fantastic!

I love that head MI so much… it should really work well with a Necro/Shaman combo! :smiley:

Some very interesting items! Looking forward to the rest.

Haven’t found the Colossal Bulwark yet, guessing that comes off of an enemy we cant reach yet?

Yay! More loot :cool:

I cant wait to find Packla’s Skins / Packla’s Visage. I Need to make a truly spooky dude :stuck_out_tongue:

As always, great stuff.

60+ mis?

i really need to play c’mon my money are ready!

Very nice artwork and stats. Helmet looks interesting. :slight_smile:

Now, preview new Relics please. :smiley:

So the expansion has finally entered in testing, huh? I guess that means the expansion should be ready sooner than I expected, which is good.

Giving MIs their own unique thing was the best decision that could have been made. Really looking to trying some of them.

Does this apply to old MIs?

Looks awesome. :slight_smile: So, unlike Legendaries, MIs don’t have skill modifiers on amulets and gloves?

…brickwall…blackwell…black…wald…engine? Somebody peel those body parts off the shield. :rolleyes: