Grim Misadventure #123: Infrequently Monstrous

This is pretty exciting. I am glad that the old MIs will not be left in the dust but get their own skill modifiers as well.

Maybe sometime soon the expansion will get a name too.

For TRANSMOG!!! :smiley:

Do playtesters have the freedom to stream the content? If not, would you allow it at a later stage?

I can see that certain MI by nature (default stats) will benefit certain classes, but what about generic MI items (Such as Gollus Ring) that benefit all classes, will they have “hardcoded” class specific modifier for a single class only?

Skill Modifiers really looking to be the biggest game changer for itemization with the Xpac.

That said, already having nightmares about farming MI boots… Any possibility to delete most of the worthless common affixes? :smiley:

Take a guess :smiley:

Just because it has a modifier for a class doesn’t mean other classes can’t use it. I think modifiers will be “hardcoded” and invariant though, because that’s how the bonuses work on all other non-crafted items in the game. Because tri-class items are being introduced in the expansion too, there will be plenty of items where it will be impossible to benefit from all of the stats on the item anyways.

Playtesters are also under a non-disclosure agreement right now, so for now, no streaming.

Not currently, usually Crate allows streams later on.

I was wondering on the “second variant” part. Most likely not, but a man can dream.

As soon as it’s allowed I’ll be all over it.

sounds dirty…

Will MI’s be in different color than rares so we can easily distinguish them?

Zantai clearly states “receive higher level versions” so the second variant… yes

We are not adding new variants to old MIs.

They will continue to be supported into the 85-100 range with higher level versions.

Well, I am a little exited. :cool:

Awesome artwork on the MIs. :smiley:

I am glad Crate doesn´t reveal any of the major stuff, who wants to be spoilered before the expansion, are you mad? I didn´t even read the Misadventure that dealt with the new factions, seriously, I don´t wanna know.
Playtesters streaming the new content? No way, you stay away from me with that stuff.

Shoo!

Now I am finally happy! :smiley: May I ask (maybe I missed), who gets a chance to test the game?

Those with the Praetorian forum title.

Great news regarding the testing phase.
And the artwork is really great, can’t wait to see all the new legendaries.
Having the upgraded versions of the old MIs led me to an interesting conclusion - there will be an additional difficulty level, right?

Cool beans, I’ve got almost 2000 hrs on steam, guess the upcoming loot hunt gonna double that!:wink:

My brother, you got the hell lot of 85 level characters, wtf!

I am definitely looking forward to playing around with all of these skill modifiers. This game already has potential build diversity second to none in pretty much any game (other than maybe ship fitting in Eve Online), and this is just raising the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk