Grim Misadventure #149: Praise the Eldritch Sun

I may have missed that. Couldn’t it be done non-bugged though?

I think it was mostly done to avoid the game being too much “play it by itself”. This stance is reinforced by the fact some legendaries lose their procs in their mythical forms, they want the game to be more based on player actually playing and not attacks that go off on their own.

Hail Azathoth! Hail the Whisperer in Darkness!!!

“[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes…”

Nice. I am officially a servant of korvaak now!! Procs looks good! Will pair it with guardian gaze for maximum beyblade performance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

That’s great news, Zantai! :slight_smile:
How many of these shattering new celestial skills will we see in action in the next dev stream? :smiley:

Honestly all I see when I look at it as well. I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to be other than that.

Korvaak, Targo’s Hammer, Eye of the Guardian, Flame Torrent, Agrivix’s Malice, Beacon of the Winter’s Veil, and Rings of Elemental Balance…

…all at the same time?

while spinning to win of course

Azrakaa’s Sands goes great with Soiled Trousers: no one can see you leak when the whole floor is covered in mysterious golden goo.

Not sure I wanted to know that Weyu. :smiley:

May the Lord, I mean, Chton open!

Love the vagina constellation! What element does it support?

The proc and nodes were shown some months ago and it’s Cold and Acid.

The black hole gave me a boner. It even sounds funnier because black hole sucks in everything and pushes it out somewhere else. I don’t know if I am brain boom-boom or it’s normal. Anyway, you get my logic, I hope. But it also doesn’t make sense… OKAY LET ME LIVE MY LIFE! SHUSH!

Despite that there is some obvious synergy between those two, especially if you play Witch Hunter, there is no gear support to marry those two elements effectively into one build. So players who will try this constellations in their cold build will be obviously disappointed by the acid element the won’t have any use for and vice versa.

Conversion exists and there’s cold to acid and acid to cold. It’s clearly meant to be used for one damage type converting the other and not both at the same time. I honestly prefer devotions like these instead of those that pretty much pidgeonholes a single damage type into it.

Well, you say that but I would say that “exists” is a strong word here.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8145 -> full set also has cold to acid
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9163

And who knows what FG is bringing.

Ye, Deathguard is a cool set, but it’s just one narrow use set dedicated solely to Reapers and it has just 50% conversion. And Venomblade helmet is a joke obviously. So my point stands, very little means of conversion between two damages but what’s most annoying - no dedicated Witch Hunter set with Acid and Cold support.

Animated gifs would be a lot nicer than still images. Right now it’s hard to tell how cool (or not so cool ;)) those skills really are.

How in the world is the Venomblade helm a joke? Physical res (rare as hell in helms), cold to acid, flat oa and +1 to Nightblade? Now you are just being picky.

And Witch Hunter can use Deathguard as much as Reaper because the Deathguard blade converts the flat vitality in Second Rite to acid. Hell, Witch Hunter can combine the Venomblade helm and chest with two Deathguard blades for a lot of conversion to acid from several damage types. I have a feeling you actually haven’t even used these sets for these mastery combos and just basing stuff on how they look.

Acid and cold DW builds can already amass insane amounts of flat damage. I’m not against the idea of a Cold/Acid WH set but I think the fact you can’t reach 100% conversion is to prevent from being too broken and then needing to nerf it.

You are right, Venomblade helmet itself is pretty good. I meant it’s shite in a sense that it’s a piece of very crappy set and it’s hard to make a solid witch hunter build around one helmet.

Deathguard is good, but that’s just one set. And putting it on Witch Hunter won’t be that hot, because yes, flat damage and everything but you have no skills to apply it. So either you play a half-assed acid shadowstrike or even more half-assed beronath autoattacker. Both builds are gonna be awkward, very item dependent and probably bad/unplayable in Crucible.

I have only grimtools experience with melee Witch Hunter, I think it was either Valinov or Spanksalot who told me not to bother with it because they already tried it and it was no good. There was also ABCbarbecue’s or some other Chinese guy melee Witch Hunter who could complete Crucible 150-170, but did it slowly and required very good piloting and some very rare items.

So again, my point is that Witch Hunters atm don’t really have any good toys to play it.